Chillicothe Basketball

SVCrocks
Waterboy

Chillicothe Basketball

Post by SVCrocks »

I'm a CHS grad but haven't lived in the area for a while. I see that the Lady Cavs' record is not that great. Just wondering if anyone who has seen them play has an opinion? I don't know the current coach either...heard it was some fella named Blue from Amanda.

Thanks guys.

Slim Jim
Varsity

Re: Chillicothe Basketball

Post by Slim Jim »

They had a very good coach in the late 00's. They had good records during those years but something always seemed to go wrong.Be it with injury,player problems,Players thinking they were better than they were and transfering and problems with administration.Can't say much about the current team, but they're no where near as good record wise for sure.They have gone down hill since 08-09.15 to 16 wins or more was common from 06-09.I think they lost every game in 10.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

And you can't forget about the whiney parents too...I wonder if they're whining now? 15 to 17 wins would be good right about now...I guess you dont know what you had til it's gone...

boo33vb
Freshman Team

Post by boo33vb »

Chilli knew what they had in Coach Hughes. She chose to pursue a new direction in her career as she is still not coaching 4 years after leaving Chilli. She was a good one though and i paid attention to those 15 wins a season. We still have good athletes as she did. The current team goes 6 deep in athletic kids and the rest are role players. Should be able to win with 6 good athletes in the SEOAL. Columbus schools are a different level but we did play some weak ones in Whetstone and others. Check out 09 grad Hannah Day on Otterbein athletic web site. She is having a great season as a senior. Go Cavs!

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Many schools could use a coach like Hughes.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

boo33vb wrote:Chilli knew what they had in Coach Hughes. She chose to pursue a new direction in her career as she is still not coaching 4 years after leaving Chilli. She was a good one though and i paid attention to those 15 wins a season. We still have good athletes as she did. The current team goes 6 deep in athletic kids and the rest are role players. Should be able to win with 6 good athletes in the SEOAL. Columbus schools are a different level but we did play some weak ones in Whetstone and others. Check out 09 grad Hannah Day on Otterbein athletic web site. She is having a great season as a senior. Go Cavs!
The crap she went through at Chilly probably sped up the process in moving ahead in her career.Not saying all was bad for her there, but she was unhappy as a coach the last year she was there.She wears her emotions on her sleave and it was written all over her face.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

local superstar wrote:Many schools could use a coach like Hughes.
Indeed they could.Maybe if the right job opens up she be back someday?

Captain Cavalier
Freshman Team

Post by Captain Cavalier »

SVCrocks wrote:I'm a CHS grad but haven't lived in the area for a while. I see that the Lady Cavs' record is not that great. Just wondering if anyone who has seen them play has an opinion? I don't know the current coach either...heard it was some fella named Blue from Amanda.

Thanks guys.
How far are you removed in Lady Cav history? Do you remember Lisath being there? He did well too..

boo33vb
Freshman Team

Post by boo33vb »

Lisath is a builder and he did it in 3 short years i think. Other notables were Dennis Ray and former AD Rey Bradley back in the 80's. Both had success. Cross and Hauserman, not so much. Alot of talent roaming the hallways at CHS, got them out for Tennis, Volleyball, Soccer, Track and all have been very sucessfull the past few years. Softball, Swim team on the rise too! Lacross in its 2nd year. Basketball needs help.

boo33vb
Freshman Team

Post by boo33vb »

So where do we go from here? 6-16, does anyone care? Very few posts. Good 8th grade class coming too.

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

Can't say...You had very,very,good coaches as mentioned above.But, I don't see that quality of coach coming back anytime soon.You just need to keep plugging along and hope the current coach can get it done.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

This years team had 16 players between JV and Varsity. One Senior and 15 freshman or sophomores. To put it mildly this is a young team will get better. The sectional final saw this team start two Freeman and three sophomores.

If the kids and parents commit themselves to getting stringer and working hard during the offseason, the team will bear the fruit real soon.

GO LADY CAVS!!!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

hitchbone64 wrote:This years team had 16 players between JV and Varsity. One Senior and 15 freshman or sophomores. To put it mildly this is a young team will get better. The sectional final saw this team start two Freeman and three sophomores.

If the kids and parents commit themselves to getting stringer and working hard during the offseason, the team will bear the fruit real soon.

GO LADY CAVS!!!
But wasn't that the case two years ago, they were all freshmen and sophomores, and now those kids should be Jr's and Sr's and yet none are left in the program.

miggyt
Freshman Team

Post by miggyt »

Bri Dawes - special mention as a sophomore - is a good building block for the next two years. Hitchbone has correctly assessed the current situation. The switch to the SCOL will make it tough on the Lady Cavs (C-M, WCH and McClain have good traditions in girls hoops), but the talent should be there to contend.

boo33vb
Freshman Team

Post by boo33vb »

Last four years since Coach Hughes left 27-58. I don't fear change and it is time! for $7855 a season maybe Jeron Cox would be interested or Dunkle, Miller. moving to the SCOL coaches so travel will be great to WCH, MT, Gfield, Hillsboro, Wilmington and Clinton-Massie, East Clinton. I'm just saying....somebody come calling. Chilli has athletes.

BasketballFan1
Riding the Bench

Post by BasketballFan1 »

Is the job open?

Based on the last post it sounds that way.

boo33vb
Freshman Team

Post by boo33vb »

Not open as far as i know.

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

boo33vb wrote:Last four years since Coach Hughes left 27-58. I don't fear change and it is time! for $7855 a season maybe Jeron Cox would be interested or Dunkle, Miller. moving to the SCOL coaches so travel will be great to WCH, MT, Gfield, Hillsboro, Wilmington and Clinton-Massie, East Clinton. I'm just saying....somebody come calling. Chilli has athletes.
$7855 ? Huges made a lot more at Chillicothe :mrgreen:

I heard chilly had a levy coming up, if it fails athletics will be cut.
Is this true?
It worked real well for Chillicothe the last time they did that so it stand to reason they will use that tactic again. 

theburgtheword
Varsity

Post by theburgtheword »

Those coaches are not going to Chillicothe. Especially if they stay D1 in the tournament.

jumphigh
Varsity

Post by jumphigh »

Athletics will not be cut at chillicothe. The board learned there lesson back when they cut spring sports and kids left the district

Return to “Girls Basketball”