Chillicothe Basketball

letsgolf
Waterboy

Re: Chillicothe Basketball

Post by letsgolf »

jumphigh wrote:Athletics will not be cut at chillicothe. The board learned there lesson back when they cut spring sports and kids left the district
Different board this time around. I see no way this board would even threaten to cut athletics.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

BOE should contact Tony Taylor about the job. He did a great job at Unioto.

MSL_Fan
Waterboy

Post by MSL_Fan »

Sounds like there is some definite potential with so many returning players....what is the structure of the biddy program like for girls in Chilli?....could be a great spot to build a very strong program in the SCOL

miggyt
Freshman Team

Post by miggyt »

Pat Beard to be named coach tonight at the school board meeting.

Deeefense
Riding the Bench

Post by Deeefense »

I am completely blindsided by this hire. I know Pat has helped out Coach Kellough in the past and been involved with the boys biddy ball program, but he has no head coaching experience, or experience coaching girls to my knowledge. I would have thought they would have looked to bring in someone who has a track record of winning, someone such as Joe Dunkle, Tony Taylor, Jeran Cox, Cyndy Driggs, etc. Going to the SCOL there are a lot of good teams and coaches so I was thinking they would bring someone in with experience. I think this hire could haunt them short term, but maybe Coach Beard will prove me wrong and provide some stability in the program.

Return to “Girls Basketball”