South Webster vs. Eastern Pike

Tripleplay
Freshman Team

South Webster vs. Eastern Pike

Post by Tripleplay »

Sectional Championship Thursday night @ 8:00 in Athens.

I believe SW finished the regular season at 10-10 (5th or 6th in SOC II) and E.P. finish at 17-4 (2nd in SOC I). Some common opponents are Northwest, Clay, Green, and Sciotoville East. Both split with N'west. SW won by 25 then lost by 7, and EP lost to them by 22 then beat them by 24. Both beat Clay, Green and East.

I expect a good game. Have to give the edge to EP. They have 17 wins this year and have I believe 4 seniors. Webster had down year due to some injuries. Will the Hall girl be able to play Thursday?

Thoughts?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Re: South Webster vs. Eastern Pike

Post by ManitouDan »

should be one of the premier first round matchups .. looks like a toss up to me .

Tripleplay
Freshman Team

Post by Tripleplay »

GameDay! Should be a good one! Thinking about making the almost 2 hour drive for this one.

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

Tripleplay wrote:Sectional Championship Thursday night @ 8:00 in Athens.

I believe SW finished the regular season at 10-10 (5th or 6th in SOC II) and E.P. finish at 17-4 (2nd in SOC I). Some common opponents are Northwest, Clay, Green, and Sciotoville East. Both split with N'west. SW won by 25 then lost by 7, and EP lost to them by 22 then beat them by 24. Both beat Clay, Green and East.

I expect a good game. Have to give the edge to EP. They have 17 wins this year and have I believe 4 seniors. Webster had down year due to some injuries. Will the Hall girl be able to play Thursday?

Thoughts?
Injuries not the problem.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

status of Ms Hall ?

Ryanexpress
Varsity
Location: Being yelled at by hundreds of fans on any given night

Post by Ryanexpress »

ManitouDan wrote:status of Ms Hall ?
I was at the jr hi tourney at Webster a couple of nights ago and the talk I heard was that she is back & ready.

I am not 100% of that, just what I heard from some fans down that way.

This should be a very good ball game, Webster is for sure not a 10-10 team to take the least bit lightly......

kingofthegame
Freshman Team

Post by kingofthegame »

They played head to head in SOC previews for whatever that may be worth.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

someone send in updates ??

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I heard South Webster won by 5. Not sure of score, just that they won by 5.

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

Lady Jeeps were down with about 1 min left. They turned on the defense and finally started hitting their shots. Won 54-49. With all the injuries this is the first time in about a month that they have all been healthy. D

Webster pride
Freshman Team

Post by Webster pride »

With score 48-44 Ep with 1:19 hall Hit 3 and stole inbounds pass to give Webster first lead with 44 seconds! What a game by Hall she had 20 and jst got cast off before game! This kid is something special thats for sure!

Great win for a great program thats only gonna get better!!

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

Great game, Webster just stayed in the game. At the end the better team won, number 23 did an excellent job on the boards and at the free throw line. Down the stretch Webster finally made some free throws. Hard to believe tht on another post someone said Eastern Beaver should have been the 1or 2 seed, did they not see the dismantling Eastern Reedsville did in the first game? Great job Webster!!

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

Esully63 wrote:
Tripleplay wrote:Sectional Championship Thursday night @ 8:00 in Athens.

Thoughts?
Injuries not the problem.
After last night's game it looks like injuries were the problem. Roll on Jeeps. Good Luck with ND!!!

Return to “Girls Basketball”