SW vs ND feb 23rd at Jackson

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Re: SW vs ND feb 23rd at Jackson

Post by dirt_cinders »

Esully --- ND alum? if so you still have some blue and gold in them veins. LOL!!
The whole family are ND alum ! Go blue and gold.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

SullivanShow quit trying to be so fake. everyone knows your intentions. you arent fooling anybody

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

dirt_cinders wrote:Esully --- ND alum? if so you still have some blue and gold in them veins. LOL!!
Your righ, I went to ND. Maybe thats why I like their coach i have a better understanding of what its like to field a good team from a school that has the same number of students, in all four grades combine, that all the teams in SOCII have in just one grade of boys alone. Same could be said of Eastern Pike their enrollment is 1/4 the enrollment of most SOCII teams yet they compete well also.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Esully63 wrote:
dirt_cinders wrote:Esully --- ND alum? if so you still have some blue and gold in them veins. LOL!!
Your righ, I went to ND. Maybe thats why I like their coach i have a better understanding of what its like to field a good team from a school that has the same number of students, in all four grades combine, that all the teams in SOCII have in just one grade of boys alone. Same could be said of Eastern Pike their enrollment is 1/4 the enrollment of most SOCII teams yet they compete well also.

Interesting argument, except that you are wrong.

The 2012-2013 Enrollment numbers via OHSAA state:

Eastern Pike - 90 boys - 76 girls
Notre Dame - 37 boys - 48 girls
South Webster - 108 boys - 99 girls

South Webster's numbers are very close to Eastern Pike's (only short 18 boys and 23 girls), and South Webster IS a member of the SOC II. Numbers wise, sure, you could make that argument for Notre Dame. However, they are a parochial school with no boundaries as to where kids live etc. There are Students who live in Valley, Portsmouth, Clay, and Wheelersburg school districts that all go to Notre Dame. South Webster and Eastern Pike typically only have students that live within their school district lines (obviously there's a few students who don't fit this). Some kids will even attend parochial schools solely because of sports, so that's not really a fair argument to make. Public Schools are often limited to the kids who are living within their district, parochial schools have limitless boundaries as to which to find kids to enroll.

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

Not really that valid of an argument any longer with open enrollment. Kids can go to others schools and the cost is on the state.
Send two kids to Notre Dame and you have to come up with an extra $1,000 to $1,400 per month --- very few family's can afford that and even those who can most likely wouldn't forgo a nicer house or car now days. You sacrifice financially for the religious and family environment and education which are all excellent.

Take a bus trip the convo or Symmes Valley for $900 - $1000 each trip and that money has to be raised by hard-working volunteers.

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

bbjunky81 wrote:
Esully63 wrote:

Interesting argument, except that you are wrong.

The 2012-2013 Enrollment numbers via OHSAA state:

Eastern Pike - 90 boys - 76 girls
Notre Dame - 37 boys - 48 girls
South Webster - 108 boys - 99 girls

South Webster's numbers are very close to Eastern Pike's (only short 18 boys and 23 girls), and South Webster IS a member of the SOC II. Numbers wise, sure, you could make that argument for Notre Dame. However, they are a parochial school with no boundaries as to where kids live etc. There are Students who live in Valley, Portsmouth, Clay, and Wheelersburg school districts that all go to Notre Dame. South Webster and Eastern Pike typically only have students that live within their school district lines (obviously there's a few students who don't fit this). Some kids will even attend parochial schools solely because of sports, so that's not really a fair argument to make. Public Schools are often limited to the kids who are living within their district, parochial schools have limitless boundaries as to which to find kids to enroll.
Thank you, enrollment is up at both schools, I did not know. Last time I remember checking it on OHSAA ND was just over 30 for girls and I Eastern Pike was conciderably lower than 76. Thats just from memory and as I said thank you for correcting me. I also understand that ND draws students with out boundries but so do several other schools. I am proud that for the most part webster fields teams with students that have not attended any other school than webster. Now please dont jump on me about a few exceptions, I know there have been some but for the most part I believe they are homegrown and that is great.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

FWIW , all but 1 of ND's top 8 or so have been at ND since they were in diapers . literally . lol . So this is certainly a home grown crop for us . GREAT group of young ladies who , win or lose , have done ND very very proud .

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

ManitouDan wrote:FWIW , all but 1 of ND's top 8 or so have been at ND since they were in diapers . literally . lol . So this is certainly a home grown crop for us . GREAT group of young ladies who , win or lose , have done ND very very proud .
Thats Great! Really!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

It really is pretty neat. I would not have guessed that.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Tisk, tisk.

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

Webster by 10.

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

What does Esully have against SW's coach?

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

Ok ok, if I see the words Notre Dame, Open enrollment, or Esully again, i may barf on my Mac.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Makes me sick!!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

First half was gosh awful , Sw pressed ND out of the gym .. 17-9 at the half .. Now 23-19

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

ManitouDan wrote:First half was gosh awful , Sw pressed ND out of the gym .. 17-9 at the half .. Now 23-19
Thanks for the update Manitou.
Sounds like a defensive struggle.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

36-21 into the fourth . Sw thourougly outplayed us . 40-21

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

48-27 , three to go

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

52-35 final

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

Webster pulled away in second half. Great team effort. Verry balanced scoring. Can't see what ESulley had against Websters coach. Looks like she scouted ND verry well. Worth the drive to Jackson today.

Return to “Girls Basketball”