DIVISION II - DISTRICT TOURNAMENT - CONVO

mray23
All Conference

Re: DIVISION II - DISTRICT TOURNAMENT - SOUTHEASTERN

Post by mray23 »

sports_nut wrote:In my opinion Marietta will walk through that district easily beating all teams by at least 10.
WRONG

Big Jake
Riding the Bench

Post by Big Jake »

Falcon win defeat Logan Elm and are on their way to District final game Tuesday in Athens taking on Miami Trace! Congrats girls. Score 48-38

Congrats to Kyleigh Wyeth on her career 1,000 point in tonight's district game!

See ya Tuesday, Miller Chicken for dinner. Livers and legs!!!

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

mray23 wrote:WHEW!! I was getting really worried in the 1st qtr when Marietta opened the game with a couple of 3's and built the lead up to 19-8 AND McKay getting in foul trouble. but my girls woke up and started playing ball in the 2nd and took off from there outscoring Marietta 43-29 in the last three quarters. i didn't get to go tonight but it sounded like (by the announcers) Trace stepped up the defense after the 1st qtr. The great thing about the Lady Panthers is that even when their senior leader has to sit down, they still have 2 or 3 players who can step up and contribute. Ariana Mabra is a very good all-around player. She usually defends the other team's best player, she's an excellent rebounder, and can score in double digits.

Congrats to the Lady Panthers!! Now let's go to the Convo and bring back a District Championship Tuesday!!

score by qtr
MT-6-20-12-11--49
MAR-14-9-9-11--43

Mabra 16 9 rebs
Schwenk 15 7 rebs
McKay 11 9 rebs
Henry 3
Wilson 2
Cobb 2 - her lowest scoring all year
Very intense game from the start! I don't think MT picked up their defense at all during the first half. It was very tough all night. Marietta got very fortunate to start out 7-0 on a banked in trey by Walsh followed by a 4 point play by Dawson. Mabra did a wonderful job defending Dawson in the 1st half and she also made 9/10 on her FTs. MT went on the 18-3 run in the 1st half after the 19-8 deficit, then in the 2nd half they sprung their zone and outscored Marietta 10-2 in the first half of the 3rd qtr to sieze control of the game at 36-25. Marietta worked it back to 38-32 to start the 4th, but several empty possessions and the first points of the 4th scored by Schwenk with just about 5 mins left pretty much sealed the deal so long as MT could hold on to the ball and make about 50% of their FTs, which they did.

Dawson did a good job of not forcing too many shots. She made 2 treys, 4 dueces, and 6/7 from the foul line. The MT zone was excellent -- it pretty much stymied Dawson without giving easy shots to her team mates. In order for them to score much they would have needed to make great catches on passes from Dawson, or made some good offensive moves with the ball to get good shots, and neither were they able to do much at all. Marietta had no answer inside for Schwenk either, once she got the ball by pass or rebound.

The best team definitely won this game. In an intense, tough defensive game such as this, it is important to be strong with the ball and strong going after the ball for rebounds and loose balls, and MT won that part hands down. Even though MT was down 7-0, they had one possession where they must have had 4 or 5 shots and still didn't score.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Big Jake wrote:See ya Tuesday, Miller Chicken for dinner. Livers and legs!!!
How dare you 'dis' the Super Chicken Sandwich ... maybe the best sandwich ever created by man!

:mrgreen:

mray23
All Conference

Post by mray23 »

what was the score of the FU/LE game? i've seen it different on 5 websites. the SE district website, wkkj, and wcho had it 48-43 while the Lancaster Eagle-Gazette and a post above had it 48-38. i listened to the postgame on WFCO radio and they said it was 48-43 too.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

The final was FU 48, LE 38.

falcons26
Waterboy

Post by falcons26 »

Final was FU 48 LE 38.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The final was FU 48 LE 38

mray23
All Conference

Post by mray23 »

i think i need one more person to confirm the score before i believe you guys. just kidding, thanks bman, falcons26, and I92

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mray23 wrote:i think i need one more person to confirm the score before i believe you guys. just kidding, thanks bman, falcons26, and I92

Not official....but I've read where it was FU 48 and LE 38

falcons26
Waterboy

Post by falcons26 »

Trust me, it was FU 48 LE 38.

mray23
All Conference

Post by mray23 »

Jackson 56
Washington CH 34

From the announcers on the radio, it sounded like the refs were terrible both ways. maybe somebody that was at the game can confirm that but the wch radio crew usually don't just complain about the refs because the local team is getting beat, so i tend to trust what they say.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I had been keeping the tournament page on trivalleyconference.com updated with district information ... http://trivalleyconference.com/Schedules.html

but

the girls have also been added to the CONVO 2013 PAGE ... http://trivalleyconference.com/TVCNews.html

mray23
All Conference

Post by mray23 »

Athens 58
Unioto 31

Athens sounded impressive from listening to the broadcast.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

mray23 wrote:Jackson 56
Washington CH 34

From the announcers on the radio, it sounded like the refs were terrible both ways. maybe somebody that was at the game can confirm that but the wch radio crew usually don't just complain about the refs because the local team is getting beat, so i tend to trust what they say.
2/3 of the crew that did the Jackson/Warren game at Warren a couple weeks ago.

Posting from my phone, so I'll have more to say tonight. Congrats to the Ironladies on win #23.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Washington CH 34

That combo just calls everything. They will call a season worth of "push offs" and carries. The foul count would get too much into Jackson's favor and you just knew the onslaught was coming against us.

To see them walk in.....someone in charge of assigning purposely gave them our game...just had to.

But in all it's the happiest I have been with them.

mray23
All Conference

Post by mray23 »

Ironman92 wrote:
Washington CH 34

That combo just calls everything. They will call a season worth of "push offs" and carries. The foul count would get too much into Jackson's favor and you just knew the onslaught was coming against us.

To see them walk in.....someone in charge of assigning purposely gave them our game...just had to.

But in all it's the happiest I have been with them.
they said on the radio that the ref that gave the wch coach the technical wasn't the one he was talking to but it was the other one down the court?? that seemed strange to me. i was wondering if it was the same crew you had at the jackson/warren game because it sounded like the description i read in the posts about that game. i hope they're not at the Convo Tuesday.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The coach was ticked at the husband and the wife took up for him....from 60 feet away.

mhs95_06
S

Re: DIVISION II - DISTRICT TOURNAMENT - CONVO

Post by mhs95_06 »

Between the wife's game Thursday night and today, I think she has made 70+% of the 3 sec calls I have seen this season. What is the high school rule? If you stand in the lane for 2 seconds, then get a pass, do you get 3 more seconds. I saw one well where she blew the whistle about a second after the player received the pass in the lane.

Pol pot
SE

Re: DIVISION II - DISTRICT TOURNAMENT - CONVO

Post by Pol pot »

She is a fine official, works high level games. I believe this year she's working the DI girls final.

Return to “Girls Basketball”