DIVISION II - DISTRICT TOURNAMENT - CONVO

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: DIVISION II - DISTRICT TOURNAMENT - CONVO

Post by Ironman92 »

mhs95_06 wrote:Between the wife's game Thursday night and today, I think she has made 70+% of the 3 sec calls I have seen this season. What is the high school rule? If you stand in the lane for 2 seconds, then get a pass, do you get 3 more seconds. I saw one well where she blew the whistle about a second after the player received the pass in the lane.
I have seen her twice this year and she has called the offensive pushoff foul away from the ball at least 10x.....in about 20 other games I don't think I saw it called 5 times.

Carries and palming.....she won't miss any.

I thought she did a pretty good job yesterday.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Pol Pot wrote:She is a fine official, works high level games. I believe this year she's working the DI girls final.

There aren't a great number of women officials and there is always at least one woman official in about every girls game at the state.

mray23
All Conference

Post by mray23 »

With everybody else focused on the Athens/Jackson, i thought i'd comment on the MT/FU game. MT is coming winning 9 in a row and playing really well since getting beat by Westerville North. I heard they had a player's meeting without coaches after that game, and whatever was said must be working because imo they're playing their best ball of the season...hopefully they can keep it up. MT can't afford to come out slow like they did vs Marietta. As for FU, i haven't seen them play this year(only heard games online) but they sound like an excellent team with players like Wyeth and Voris who i remember from last year vs MT. Their schedule was probably the toughest of the teams remaining and only losing 3 games vs that competition is impressive. I'm hoping my Lady Panthers can keep it close and pull it out at the end because FU i think is looking for revenge from last year in the tournament.

Falcon Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Falcon Fan »

I would have to give Miami Trace a slight advantage going into this game. I think both teams are very similar in that they are deep and can get scoring from anybody on the floor. I think Miami Trace is a little more athletic, while Fairfield Union shoots it a little better. The keys for Fairfield Union in my mind are to handle the defensive pressure of Miami Trace and to box out and limit Miami Trace to one shot. I think it will be interesting in both games to see how the teams handle playing in the Convo, the shooting background and the atmosphere will be different then what all 4 teams are used to dealing with.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

There is another game at the Convo Tuesday?

lol

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

The lady in question is easily one of the best officials I have seen all year. Firm , fair, and consistent. The time and score on the board doesn't effect her calls. Better than I can say for some of the ego maniacs I have seen this year, who joke on public forums and the internet about their calls, or no calls, or how they don't call fouls. If she wore a jock strap, most of those jokers couldn't carry hers.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Ironman92 wrote:
mhs95_06 wrote:Between the wife's game Thursday night and today, I think she has made 70+% of the 3 sec calls I have seen this season. What is the high school rule? If you stand in the lane for 2 seconds, then get a pass, do you get 3 more seconds. I saw one well where she blew the whistle about a second after the player received the pass in the lane.
I have seen her twice this year and she has called the offensive pushoff foul away from the ball at least 10x.....in about 20 other games I don't think I saw it called 5 times.

If its a foul it's a foul.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

mray23 wrote:With everybody else focused on the Athens/Jackson, i thought i'd comment on the MT/FU game. MT is coming winning 9 in a row and playing really well since getting beat by Westerville North. I heard they had a player's meeting without coaches after that game, and whatever was said must be working because imo they're playing their best ball of the season...hopefully they can keep it up. MT can't afford to come out slow like they did vs Marietta. As for FU, i haven't seen them play this year(only heard games online) but they sound like an excellent team with players like Wyeth and Voris who i remember from last year vs MT. Their schedule was probably the toughest of the teams remaining and only losing 3 games vs that competition is impressive. I'm hoping my Lady Panthers can keep it close and pull it out at the end because FU i think is looking for revenge from last year in the tournament.
FU is a non factor, Regional Semi will be Jackson v MT easy money

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Spartan wrote:The lady in question is easily one of the best officials I have seen all year. Firm , fair, and consistent. The time and score on the board doesn't effect her calls. Better than I can say for some of the ego maniacs I have seen this year, who joke on public forums and the internet about their calls, or no calls, or how they don't call fouls. If she wore a jock strap, most of those jokers couldn't carry hers.
Only reason some are complaining is because Jackson lost a game she officiated.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Pol Pot wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:

If its a foul it's a foul.

Yeah ok.....I should also be happy when I get a ticket for going 56 mph in a 55 mph zone on a highway, in the daylight with dry road conditions.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

You have to play the game the way it is being officiated. Pretty simple. IMO the Athens/Jackson game in the half court is a wash. If they let them play it could favor Jackson if they can get a transition game going. Not betting any rent money on this game. Good luck to both teams.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Pol Pot wrote:
Spartan wrote:The lady in question is easily one of the best officials I have seen all year. Firm , fair, and consistent. The time and score on the board doesn't effect her calls. Better than I can say for some of the ego maniacs I have seen this year, who joke on public forums and the internet about their calls, or no calls, or how they don't call fouls. If she wore a jock strap, most of those jokers couldn't carry hers.
Only reason some are complaining is because Jackson lost a game she officiated.
Jackson just beat WCH by 22. A neutral fan brought up the fact that the WCH radio guys were complaining about the officiating. Their coach got a technical because he was upset with the way the game was being called. That has NOTHING to do with Jackson.

I'm pretty sure Ironman92 said that he thought the officials were pretty good overall last Saturday. Don't put this all on Jackson.

I don't know if there are actual officials posting on here, or people that know them, but it's time to let it go. Hopefully the games tomorrow night are competitive and well-played. Should be some great basketball games.

BannersnRafters
Riding the Bench

Post by BannersnRafters »

The reason why I luv sports...D-R-A-M-A! Lots of speculation, usually settled in competition with rebuttals abound by both losers and winners........my crystal ball (speculation) sees a Jackson/MT regional-semi matchup looming, WHY?....Jackson-A GIVEN 2 (possibly 3) headed scoring monster, PTP'ers make FT's (clutch), aggressive & team-oriented style of play (coaching & talent)....MT carbon-copy minus any real individual "scorers" per-say (strong team concept/coaching), especially on D...exhibit A-marrietta game, 2nd half zone changed game IMO.......both Athens and FU have girls who can put the ball in the hoop, BUT neither have quite the team talent or team concept (5 thinking as 1) player 4 player as MT and Jackson, typically the TEAM usually triumphs over the more individually-strong team more times than not, IMO Jackson is a winner on neutral floor having already beaten Athens on road, and MT with their STRONG team D play makes it hard 4 ANY team 2 score consistently, that being said...I agree with the earlier post...the Convo surroundings changes things ALOT......bigger court (usually), shooting (background judgment) and rebounding (longer misses, aggressor wins loose balls)......only time will tell whether any of us fans/bloggers are truely worthy of ESPN OH girls bball "expert/analyst" status! :mrgreen:

Falcon Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Falcon Fan »

Game Day!! Looking forward to a couple of great games. I'll take Fairfield Union by 3 and Jackson by 5.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Falcon Fan wrote:Game Day!! Looking forward to a couple of great games. I'll take Fairfield Union by 3 and Jackson by 5.
I'll take Athens by 1, 5, 10 ... I don't care if they win by a half-point ... lol ... just as long as they advance.

mray23
All Conference

Post by mray23 »

7 HOURS TIL GAMETIME!! Looking forward to seeing four really good teams compete. As for the officiating, i don't care who's doing the games as long as it's called consistently. i'm taking MT by 7 and Jackson by 4.

Falcon Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Falcon Fan »

93Bulldog wrote:
Falcon Fan wrote:Game Day!! Looking forward to a couple of great games. I'll take Fairfield Union by 3 and Jackson by 5.
I'll take Athens by 1, 5, 10 ... I don't care if they win by a half-point ... lol ... just as long as they advance.

I agree 93 this time of year it's just win baby. I have not seen Athens play this year but I am very impressed with the season they are having. I knew Doseck was a great player but I was not sure what else they would have around her because they lost some very good seniors off of last years team. Obviously the younger girls have really stepped up and the coaching staff has done a great job!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Good luck to the Falcons. Should be a dandy against MT.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

FU up 24-20 at half.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

MT 27-26 after 3.

Return to “Girls Basketball”