DIVISION IV - DISTRICT TOURNAMENT - CONVO

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

DIVISION IV - DISTRICT TOURNAMENT - CONVO

Post by 93Bulldog »

THE DISTRICT TOURNAMENT IS SET ... I'VE UPDATED THE TOURNAMENT PAGE TO HIGHLIGHT THE D4 DISTRICT TOURNAMENT AT JACKSON.

LET ME KNOW IF ANY OF THE RECORDS ARE INCORRECT PLEASE ... http://trivalleyconference.com/Schedules.html

FEEL FREE TO BREAKDOWN ANY OF THE MATCH-UPS, PICK THE WINNERS, ETC... ETC ... WIN ONE GAME AND YOU'RE AT THE CONVO!
Last edited by 93Bulldog on Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: DIV - DISTRICT TOURNAMENT - JACKSON

Post by Ironman92 »

EM by 32 over Manchester
EM by 26 over ISJ

Waterford by 24 over Clay
Waterford by 22 over ND

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: DIVISION IV - DISTRICT TOURNAMENT - JACKSON

Post by 93Bulldog »

way to 'stir-the-pot' early, I92 ...

:)

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote:way to 'stir-the-pot' early, I92 ...

:)

Not stirring a thing. EM and Waterford are easily the best two teams.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

best teams dont always make it . opinions are ok , but the games are won lost on the court .

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

ManitouDan wrote:best teams dont always make it . opinions are ok , but the games are won lost on the court .
That's all I gave....my opinion/prediction

It's fun and harmless, prove me wrong....I don't care at all. I'm wrong all the time.

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

Ok so your saying ND beats SW? No problem with Eastern Reedsviile, they are the class if this area D4, Waterford is Tough but don't count out SW.

And the best teams don't always make it, look at North Adams game vs Northwest, would never have called that. Record wise, which is what everyone seems to judge on, burg should have beat West, Eastern Pike should have beaten SW. In fact some posted that Eastern P, should have been the 1,2 or 3 seed based on record.

So I say other then the top 2 seeds from Athens nothing is a lock..

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Yeah SW-ND is a toss up .. who rebounds better , who doesnt turn it over ? And the past couple years there have been zero challenges to the R Eastern - Waterford stranglehold on this district . Sounds like SW has a very talented group of 8th graders set to join the fine young team they have now ... they would be smart to start scheduling R eastern and waterford and faster teams next year during the regular season to be in place to compete come tourney time ... that advice is free of charge .. lol MD

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

2thehoop wrote:Ok so your saying ND beats SW? No problem with Eastern Reedsviile, they are the class if this area D4, Waterford is Tough but don't count out SW.

And the best teams don't always make it, look at North Adams game vs Northwest, would never have called that. Record wise, which is what everyone seems to judge on, burg should have beat West, Eastern Pike should have beaten SW. In fact some posted that Eastern P, should have been the 1,2 or 3 seed based on record.

So I say other then the top 2 seeds from Athens nothing is a lock..
I just made a simple prediction, nothing more, nothing less.

Of course SW can beat ND

Eastern Meigs will win each district game by 20+

Waterford will win each by 15+

It's only a prediction and not trying to slight, but trying to give props to how good they are.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

Dont count out Manchester they have alot of heart and talent

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

streetballer wrote:Dont count out Manchester they have alot of heart and talent
They play Eastern Meigs. Eastern Meigs has the best player and a great supporting cast. I will be impressed if Manchester stays within 20. This is a complement to EM's abilities....not a knock on Manchester.

How did Manchester do against Lynchburg, North Adams and Peebles? EM is better than all of them....in fact they are way closer to Fayetteville's ability than the next best SHAC team.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Injuries
Foul Trouble

Two things that can GREATLY AFFECT the outcomes of tournament matchups.

I'm not just spewing crap to try and tick people off. This Eastern Meigs group is outstanding. They dominate volleyball until the regionals, they dominate cross country until the regionals, they've dominated basketball until the regionals and they advanced a ton of track athletes through to the regionals. It's a great group of girls going through that school. They are the premier SE district small school throughout the girls sports. I coached my cross country team all the way to the regionals....but Eastern Meigs blew us and the rest of our district out of the water. No one has touched this group at the district level the past two years....now they are juniors, so we shall see.

Waterford? They soundly defeated Marietta and Eastern Meigs...no one else has wins even close to those two.

Another thing about Waterford...

Here are the district final outcomes since 2002 (as far back as I could find)

Eastern Meigs beat Notre Dame by 30
Waterford beat Clay by 27

Eastern Meigs beat Clay by 38
Waterford beat Notre Dame by 26

Waterford beat Clay by 38
South Webster beat Eastern Meigs by 8

Waterford beat Valley by 38
South Webster over New Boston by 13

Waterford over Fairfield by 20
South Webster over New Boston by 26

Waterford over Whiteoak by 3
South Webster over Adena by 2

Waterford over Eastern Meigs by 5
Trimble over Clay by 24

Trimble over Fairfield by 2
Southeastern over Waterford by 2

Eastern Meigs over Southeastern by 7
Trimble over Southern by 24

Whiteoak by 22 over Trimble
Southeastern by 18 over Waterford

Whiteoak by 22 over Adena
Crooksville by 1 over South Webster

This year is this year....I completely get that but Waterford has beyond proven why I am going with them. They have been to the REGIONALS 7 straight years.

Best of luck to everyone! The ND/SW game is the last game I would bet on. I'm going with ND.

I have zero connections to any team that is left. I do not care in any way who wins. Good luck to all!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Iron man I dont mind your playful banter . I know , or at least you saw the playful banter in mine .. MD and yes the stats clearly back you up ... sounds like SW has a group coming up to try to break the stranglehold .

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

ManitouDan wrote:Iron man I dont mind your playful banter . I know , or at least you saw the playful banter in mine .. MD and yes the stats clearly back you up ... sounds like SW has a group coming up to try to break the stranglehold .
South Webster has had plenty of regional appearances mixed in there already.

From what I've heard they do....and a couple real good ones to mesh with. IMO they still better avoid EM next year, Waterford should be running low soon I'd guess.

Five Point
JV Team

Post by Five Point »

Ironman92 is no dummy folks. He makes his picks based on research. He has proven why he picked Eastern and Waterford with research to back it up.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Five Point wrote:Ironman92 is no dummy folks. He makes his picks based on research. He has proven why he picked Eastern and Waterford with research to back it up.
Regardless....I have nothing in this. I have coached 3 different varsity girls sports for a total 17 different sporting seasons. I don't have a single thing against any kid involved. I love to watch kids compete and improve.....but I also enjoy picking winners.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I think for someone in the District to beat Eastern or Waterford they will have to play a perfect game and hope to catch on Eastern or Waterford off one night

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

The Eastern vs Manchester game can be heard on Retro 92.1 FM and online at www.wyvk.com.

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

Good luck to all the Scioto County teams.

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

Good luck to South Gallia and the seniors play your hearts out!!

Return to “Girls Basketball”