ONLINE VOTING???

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

ONLINE VOTING???

Post by 93Bulldog »

I know it may make things easier - but a person should have to look you in the eye before screwing you. Coaches need to be in the rooms to state their cases before voting is officially done.

But that's just my opinion ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: ONLINE VOTING???

Post by Ironman92 »

One XC coach just voted however without looking and a few coaches let him know about it just before the district race was ran.

Slimey gonna slime.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote:I know it may make things easier - but a person should have to look you in the eye before screwing you. Coaches need to be in the rooms to state their cases before voting is officially done.

But that's just my opinion ...

From my experiences inside the room....the coaches stating their cases means next to nothing....it's ridiculous.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

it does mean something I92 ... You can't vote yourself the 1 seed just so you can earn more points to stay out of the 7 or 8 spot if you're actually in the room with your fellow coaches ... you can however do it when your voting online.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote:it does mean something I92 ... You can't vote yourself the 1 seed just so you can earn more points to stay out of the 7 or 8 spot if you're actually in the room with your fellow coaches ... you can however do it when your voting online.
You are too mad to comprehend my post....I'm saying the coaches stating their cases does next to nothing as far as where teams are seeded when everyone is in the same room. The coaches get to state their cases online also with their seeding bios....but much the same.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

1. I will agree to disagree. Reading a bio is not the same as hearing it from the coach. Not to mention, if you think your are close to another team, you can make a case for why you should be above that team. A bio does not include that sort of info.

2. The point about voting yourself 1 is a valid one. It happened today!!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

It's really simple ... you vote in front of your fellow coaches, your colleagues, and you are forced to show at least some respect & integrity.

You do it behind a computer screen - and you don't have to show any.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

I like the ability to post the resume/profile on line early. Gives coaches something to look at before they get to the meeting. Would love to see the votes live with some discussion. Unlike the Central district the bracket is set and seeds go directly on that line. Central District top seeds pick where on the bracket they want to go so online voting makes sense.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

And that coach will never get a favor from another coach. Vote yourself #1 and lose all coaching compadres....good for her. Lol

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

My understanding is that coaches will see where they each voted still.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

athens78 wrote:My understanding is that coaches will see where they each voted still.
Yes, but the damage has already been done. They will probably feel the repercussion after the fact that's for sure.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Yep I agree

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

What coach was it? Call them out completely since they have made a joke of themselves already.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

It was River Valleys coach.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

If a coach wants to be an idiot, seed them with Nelsonville. Im sure that will stop it
Last edited by Raider6309 on Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Lol after hearing that RV lost a lot of one point games in baseball a couple years ago, nothing shocks me from coaches down there.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Why not throw out each team's highest and lowest vote to avoid these shenanigans? And I agree, call the coach out...won't change anything, but will hopefully dissuade others in the future.*

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

Why would coaches still have to travel to Jackson if the voting was online and they are using the bracket still?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

The Wizard wrote:Why would coaches still have to travel to Jackson if the voting was online and they are using the bracket still?
Boom. Nailed it. It's such a hassle for coaches that have to come from the far reaches of the district.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

I'd go back to old system for the boys since this was a disaster. No need to make the same mistake twice.

Return to “Girls Basketball”