ONLINE VOTING???

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: ONLINE VOTING???

Post by Ironman92 »

art_vandelay wrote:Why not throw out each team's highest and lowest vote to avoid these shenanigans? And I agree, call the coach out...won't change anything, but will hopefully dissuade others in the future.*
If I'm not mistaken (and I could be)....two years ago when XC started doing this some of the coaches ridiculous votes were thrown out....again I could be misremembering lol

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

athens78 wrote:It was River Valleys coach.

How do you know this?

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

TheBarlowBandit wrote:
athens78 wrote:It was River Valleys coach.

How do you know this?
It happened. Everyone knows it. It's out. They are 8-11 and their coach must have figured that was good enough for a 1 seed.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

You can't figure it out as you don't know what everyone else voted at the time of voting....but by placing her team 1 instead of 6-8....she gained at least 5 points and those teams she was concerned with I'd like to see if she put them way lower to increase how much she could help her team.

I think her trying to help is definitely going to hurt

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Voting should be online voting, then show up and pick where and who you want to play based on order of pick!

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

Regulator wrote:Voting should be online voting, then show up and pick where and who you want to play based on order of pick!
I think that would be perfect! That way if you're a 4 seed, and you see some overrated team, such as Alexander, received a 2 seed, you could just put your name on their bracket. That's the way it should be done.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

Sid,

Have Southeastern schedule us. We would be happy to visit the house that Larry built.

Go Alex.

nickle back
Freshman Team

Post by nickle back »

I am sure this will probably be in the works but who does it benefit? if they win it is still just a team from a weak district For both teams And it would carry no weight for the tournament draw. Hell , that was proven by the voting a couple days ago. 14-6 with a loss to a struggling Valley team a 2seed that is the same as an 18-3 Westfall team losing to a Mediocre Alexander team. When you see the votes from Wellston, River Valley and the likes you will understand it would be a waste of time. I would rather schedule Teams like Chillicothe, Circlville, Grove city, Teays Valley, and other mid state teams and get as far away from playing teams in the Southeast district as I could.

My point is if Westfall was 14-6 with a win over Alexander and you all were 18-3 , the kids from Westfall would have still gotten the shaft.
I can't complain where Southeastern was put, because I was told they wanted the 4 with a chance to play McLain, why? I have no idea and I dont know if I agree but they got what they wished for.

Return to “Girls Basketball”