SVC girls basketball

buckeyedan
Riding the Bench

SVC girls basketball

Post by buckeyedan »

What the heck happened to the SVC in girls basketball? Is it because all the girls are playing volleyball? I doubt it as Unioto is still the best team and Westfall is decent as well.

But to see Adena, Paint Valley, Zane Trace just be absolutely atrocious is unreal.

These SVC teams that are 16-3 and 14-4 and what not are getting smoked out of conference.

Does anybody know how good Westfall and Southeastern even are?

I know Unioto got beat by Logan and then Logan has lost to Wheelersburg, Fairland, and Athens, so I don't even think Unioto is the cream of the crop.

Any insight to this league? I have not made it north for very many games?

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Re: SVC girls basketball

Post by Sid Farkus »

I know that Southeastern is 15-4 and the only non league team to beat them is an undefeated North Adams team. They also have arguably, the best player in the district. One game she had Ball State, Ohio University, Dayton and Xavier watching her play. Must not be too bad if these teams are coming to watch in the middle of their seasons. I think Westfall is somewhat inconsistent. I've seen them look really good and really bad. Some of the bottom teams are pretty bad, but I think the top of the league is just fine.
Last edited by Sid Farkus on Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nickle back
Freshman Team

Post by nickle back »

Westfall, non league schedule-they have beaten waverly, west Jefferson, circleville, Logan elm, Washington courthouse, and Amanda clear creek, lost back to back games over Christmas break on the road at Alexander and @ Grove city by 1.

Southeastern, non league have beaten- valley, waverly, river valley, eastern, western, Fairfield all by double digits I believe, river valley maybe only 8 or 9, not a real strong non league but handled most by 25 or more. Not uncommon to see 3 Freshman on the floor at a time especially after the second wf loss. They are very young. So who knows how good this team is or how they will respond in the sectional and beyond.

Unioto- 18-3. Lead Chillicothe by 6 with a 1:24 to go and lost by 4, same happened at logan let a lead slip away , probably feel like thand should have had them and their 3rd loss to Greenfield McLain who I believe is the best team in the district in d-3 at the buzzer by 2.

I agree with the poster above , they will be fine in the tourney but anything can happen. Should be an interesting few weeks. That's why we play in february and march, to see how good everyone really is.

outsider
Freshman Team

Post by outsider »

Adena is 0-7 non-league

Paint Valley is 0-6 non-league

Zane Trace is 1-4 non-league the one win over Rock Hill 52-51 OT

Huntington Ross is 3-3 non-league wins over Amanda 50-39; New Boston 52-34; Peebles 43-33 Losses to Eastern Brown26-37; Minford 41-56; Clay 51-57 OT

Piketon is 4-3 non-league wins over Northwest 47-44; Waverly 44-26; Western Pike 33-27; Clay 46-25 Losses to Leesburg Fairfield 44-46; Notre Dame 43-55; Eastern Pike 47-53

I will have Unioto, Southeastern and Westfall another day.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Westfall lost its best player in the first quarter against Alexander to an injury. Not saying Alexander isn't the better team, but game would have been closer if she played the whole game.

outsider
Freshman Team

Post by outsider »

Here are the remaining 3 teams to best I have

Unioto 3-3 non-league wins over Logan Elm 63-32; Vinton County 52-20 and Miami Trace 60-38 losses to Logan 38-44; Greenfield 45-47 and Chillicothe 30-34

Southeastern 5-1 non-league wins over Eastern Pike 64-40; Valley 57-46; River Valley 71-63; Western Pike 58-34 and Leesburg Fairfield 60-28 and only lost to North Adams 45-61

Westfall 5-2 non-league wins over Waverly 51-43 OT; West Jefferson 48-41; Circleville 60-57; Washington Court House 56-48; Logan Elm 45-35 and losses to Alexander 36-56 and
Grove City 41-42

buckeyedan
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyedan »

There is one quality win out of those 3 teams and that is over Valley by SE. And that was game one of the year.

Valley has really turned the corner. They have been fairly strong of late.

nickle back
Freshman Team

Post by nickle back »

You must not have seen Valley lately, because that is not a quality win but I am sure this will all play out in the tourney. I will not disagree with you on how weak the SVC is, Or the entire Southeast district for that matter but Westfall and Southeastern can only play who is in their schedule and will play whomever they are put up against in a few weeks. I have not seen Nelsonville play, but have seen Athens, Alexander, RiverValley, wellston, and Vinton County, out of the TVC , well it was actually 43-8 in the third quarter against Unioto when I left so I didnt see a full game against vc. Not much difference between the leagues. Best of luck.

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

bman wrote:Westfall lost its best player in the first quarter against Alexander to an injury. Not saying Alexander isn't the better team, but game would have been closer if she played the whole game.

You may want to tell that to Alexander, because he says that Westfall was at full strength on his seeding BIO when they played.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

WKKJ reports Westfall over Unioto 52-45. Big win for Westfall.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

TheBarlowBandit wrote:
bman wrote:Westfall lost its best player in the first quarter against Alexander to an injury. Not saying Alexander isn't the better team, but game would have been closer if she played the whole game.

You may want to tell that to Alexander, because he says that Westfall was at full strength on his seeding BIO when they played.
Well I would respectfully disagree unless being at full strength means missing your best player for nearly the last three quarters with an injury. Not saying Alexander isn't the better team, but the game would have at least been closer with Westfall at full strength for the whole game.
Last edited by bman on Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

TornadoCagers wrote:There is one quality win out of those 3 teams and that is over Valley by SE. And that was game one of the year.

Valley has really turned the corner. They have been fairly strong of late.
Two of Westfall's non-league wins — West Jeff is 14-4 and leads the Mid-State League Ohio Division. Circleville is 13-5 and tied for second in the Mid-State League Buckeye Division.

Return to “Girls Basketball”