5. Crooksville
6. River Valley
7. Belpre

Smells funny for sure

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: DIII Athens Sectional Seeding

Post by 93Bulldog »

I feel bad for the Lady Golden Eagles. Wonder if things would have been different had Laura Pullins not hit that last second shot to lift Eastern over Belpre 69-68 a few week ago.

Belpre would have been (9-0) over its last nine heading into the draw - and (11-1) in its last twelve games with wins over Eastern, Caldwell and (15-4) Southern.

It's bad enough a (16-5) team is a 7-seed, but a (17-4) team with that resume would have been asinine.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Would love to see some coaching seed votes

Seems to me like one team is higher than expected but also must face tough SVC school and another non-TVC school matched up with Crooksville

TVC all facing TVC? Guarantees more teams in the district....but also negates chance to beat another league as well.

Would love to see super sectionals or coaches picking where they are on the bracket.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

How is Crooksville a 5 seed, they are terrible

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

RAIDER6309 wrote:How is Crooksville a 5 seed, they are terrible
Well....Crooksville has no affiliates and they face a tough Southeastern team with just 1 affiliate and then advance on to the #1 seed

Little doubt the #5 seed was avoided by those who could

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Doesn't matter how they plan it, Nelsonville or Alexander should run this district. Athens and Waterford should be district champs, Hopefully Alexander or Nelsonville gives the TVC a clean sweep for district champs

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

RAIDER6309 wrote:Doesn't matter how they plan it, Nelsonville or Alexander should run this district. Athens and Waterford should be district champs, Hopefully Alexander or Nelsonville gives the TVC a clean sweep for district champs
The TVC has some very solid teams this year for sure.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Nelsonville-York (17-2)
Athens (14-4)
Alexander (14-6)
Waterford (18-1)
Southern (15-4)
Eastern (14-6)
Belpre (16-5)

... Not too shabby indeed.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Belpre playing in the Hocking division probably didn't help third cause.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

athens78 wrote:Belpre playing in the Hocking division probably didn't help third cause.
The combination of Waterford, Eastern, Southern and Belpre this year makes the Hocking a pretty solid conference.
The fact that Waterford and Eastern make the southeast district their own little play ground year in and year out should bring the Hocking a little more respect - but it doesn't for some reason.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Waterford's only lost came to D1 Stow. Waterford 85 girls, Stow 690 girls. Stow is 11-7 and plays the biggest schools in Ohio

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

If you look at the records, this was done before Westfall's win over Unioto. I know Belpre's strength of schedule is lacking, but to seed a 15-win team below multiple below .500 teams is silly. This bracket makes the coaches not look very good. We need to have an open bracket for the entire division seeded from top to bottom and let teams pick their spots on the bracket.

nickle back
Freshman Team

Post by nickle back »

I would have rather had Southeastern at the 7, play a warm up game against the 10( hopefully Wellston) they knew their beatings were coming and dropped us to buy new coaching jump suits, Then on to Alexander and the winner gets an easier district.
Now we have to play a good Crooksville team, hopefully win and play McLain, who embarrassed our 2 seed. Doesn't look good for the Panthers... But like I said they are a year away from dominating this weak southeast sectional and District for a few years. In all seriousness , I am just glad we didn't get stuck playing the best team in the sectional Westfall.. And did I hear correct that River Valley voted themselves the 1 seed, that's awesome.
Last edited by nickle back on Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

nickle back wrote:I would have rather had Southeastern at the 7, play a warm up game against the 10( hopefully Wellston) they knew their beatings were coming and dropped us to buy new coaching jump suits for games Then on to Alexander and the winner gets an easier district.
Now we have to play a good Crooksville team, hopefully win and play McLain, who embarrassed our 2 seed. Doesn't look good for the Panthers... But like I said they are a year away from dominating this weak southeast sectional and District for a few years. In all seriousness , I am just glad we didn't get stuck playing the best team in the sectional Westfall.. And did I hear correct that River Valley voted themselves the 1 seed, that's awesome.

Lol at jumpsuits

nickle back
Freshman Team

Post by nickle back »

II listened to the wellston rocket show or something like that on the radio last night I actually thought the two dudes were going to make out, one guaranteed the TVC nation would not let them down and guaranteed the 2 seed. And it happened. I guess Belpre didnt get invited to the slurp fest. It should be a great sectional, best of luck to all the student athletes participating.
Last edited by nickle back on Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I guess River Valley voted themselves 1 and it was enough for them to pass Belpre

nickle back
Freshman Team

Post by nickle back »

Their prize, a game with Westfall, should have voted themselves the 2

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

14-6 Alexander over 17-3 Westfall and 16-4 Southeastern? Looks like Alexander definitely wanted to stay away from the SVC. I agree with nickel back. Belpre is in a much better spot than River Valley. I'd much rather play Alexander than Westfall.

Coach8
Waterboy

Post by Coach8 »

I think Alex beat Westfall by double digits earlier in year

CavsFan08
JV Team

Post by CavsFan08 »

Sid Farkus wrote:14-6 Alexander over 17-3 Westfall and 16-4 Southeastern? Looks like Alexander definitely wanted to stay away from the SVC. I agree with nickel back. Belpre is in a much better spot than River Valley. I'd much rather play Alexander than Westfall.
Of course you would being an SVC homer....

This is the way to look at it. If Westfall or SE played Alexanders schedule what would their records be? If anyone in the top 6 played Belpre's schedule what would their record be? There is no way you can say that Westfall or SE would have a better record than Alexander if they played their schedule. Alex has a far better win than Westfall does with Athens compared to Unioto and has a head to head win with Westfall. The only explanation for you not being able to see the justification of Alex over Westfall is your own personal bias, which again, thank goodness they do not let fans cast votes for drawings. Alexander has 3 losses since the new year to McClain (#1 seed), Athens (#1 seed) and NY (#1 seed).

Return to “Girls Basketball”