DIII Athens Sectional Seeding

fortdawg
All Conference

Re: DIII Athens Sectional Seeding

Post by fortdawg »

4th and goal that is impressive---was somebody hurt early and came back?---if not that is a remarkable job of coaching.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Fortdawg wrote:4th and goal that is impressive---was somebody hurt early and came back?---if not that is a remarkable job of coaching.
Actually the opposite, the starting point guard was lost over Christmas break to a sledding accident and a replacement had to come off the bench. The team just got better as the season went along and had a poor record because of a tough schedule

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

thebearupthere34 wrote:Image

Are these voting results public knowledge? Where can a person go to view these?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Raiderball wrote:
thebearupthere34 wrote:Image

Are these voting results public knowledge? Where can a person go to view these?
No.....but when things blow up people let it out

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Then the person who let it out should be reprimanded in some way.

Looks like thebearupthere was the first to post it on this site.

nickle back
Freshman Team

Post by nickle back »

I agree, they should be reprimanded. Maybe the same as the adult that voted themselves the 1 seed with a losing record. What was that punishment again?

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

nickle back wrote:I agree, they should be reprimanded. Maybe the same as the adult that voted themselves the 1 seed with a losing record. What was that punishment again?
It was widely known what RV and Wellston did before the voting results were posted here. If you don't like to be called out, don't vote like a nitwit.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

bman wrote:
nickle back wrote:I agree, they should be reprimanded. Maybe the same as the adult that voted themselves the 1 seed with a losing record. What was that punishment again?
It was widely known what RV and Wellston did before the voting results were posted here. If you don't like to be called out, don't vote like a nitwit.
2 wrongs make a right? I guess that's the way a "nitwit" would look at it.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

bman wrote:
and the only way it would be widely know is for another coach to put it out there.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

That makes sense and I would not have a problem with it.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Wellston coach thinks a 16 win Belpre team is the 9th best team what a joke

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Raiderball wrote:
bman wrote:
2 wrongs make a right? I guess that's the way a "nitwit" would look at it.
What do you have against transparency? If you try to game the system and thus try to wrong other teams in your sectional to try to obtain something your team didn't earn on the floor, don't be shocked when your wrong is exposed to the public. If RV voted itself sixth or seventh, no one would've gave a crap about it.

I don't agree with the RV boys being voted 15th by a couple of coaches.

CavsFan08
JV Team

Post by CavsFan08 »

EasternDspy wrote:Wellston coach thinks a 16 win Belpre team is the 9th best team what a joke

Wellston had a similar record to Rv last year and Belpre a same record as last year. Then he whooped them by 20 in the sectional. I can tell you that the view of coaches in that sectional is that they are better than every team in the hocking outside of Waterford and Eastern.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

There is now talk that they will change this and toss out your lowest vote and your highest to help stop this stuff

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

What do you have against transparency? If you try to game the system and thus try to wrong other teams in your sectional to try to obtain something your team didn't earn on the floor, don't be shocked when your wrong is exposed to the public. If RV voted itself sixth or seventh, no one would've gave a crap about it.

I don't agree with the RV boys being voted 15th by a couple of coaches.[/quote]

Well then we agree bman. Nowhere have I agreed with RV girls vote. My point was that we will bitch and moan when a coach votes themself much higher yet we let it slide when another coach votes someone else lower than they deserved.

I have nothing against transparency. As a matter of fact, I wish all were available to be viewed by the public.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Athens78: that would take all the bs out of the seeding system. Shame they have to do it, but clowns like River Valley's coach make it necessary. And I'm glad that the voting results were made public...hopefully it will make others think twice before making a mockery out of the seeding process like Ricer Valley did.*

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

art_vandelay wrote:Athens78: that would take all the bs out of the seeding system. Shame they have to do it, but clowns like River Valley's coach make it necessary. And I'm glad that the voting results were made public...hopefully it will make others think twice before making a mockery out of the seeding process like Ricer Valley did.*
I agree but let's make them all public then. Not just one. Then we can call all of them names like "nitwits" and "clowns". Why stop at just the one coach?

Appleg8
Waterboy

Post by Appleg8 »

RV coach better hope that the other coaches forget by next year because her best team will be next year.

teach123
Freshman Team

Post by teach123 »

Belpre girls face Federal in sectional action tonight
February 18, 2015
By STEVE HEMMELGARN - Sports Writer (shemmelgarn@newsandsentinel.com) , Parkersburg News and Sentine
BELPRE - Despite a 16-6 record, Belpre is seeded No. 7 in the Division III girls basketball Southest District sectional tournament, which has the Golden Eagles with a kind of a chip on their shoulders coming into tonight's tourney opener.

At 8 p m., Belpre will face a familiar foe in TVC Hocking rival Federal Hocking (6-16) at Athens High School.

"There were a couple coaches who voted us pretty low, and I'm not too sure on the reason behind it," said Belpre head coach Chris Murray. "But at the end of the day, we truly don't care. It didn't work out the way we wanted it to, but we just want to play and be successful in the tournament. We'll play anybody, and we'll compete."

The Golden Eagles went 2-0 versus Federal this season. "They (the Lancers) are a physical team that has improved under (first-year head) coach (Jeremy) Tolson," said Murray. "They're not bad; their record isn't indicative of who they are, because they've had some injuries.

"They have given us some fits year just with their physicality, since we're a little bit smaller. We're excited for the opportunity to play them again.

"There's some familiarity there, so there's nothing we can hide or haven't shown against them twice. So for us, it's really having to execute our game plan and play good defense. Good tournament teams play good defense, so we've been stressing the point for the last few weeks that you want to playing good defense leading into the tournament."

For Murray, who took over the Belpre girls cage reins this season, after senior Sierra Barker and 5-10 junior Katelyn Hughes, "we have essentially three new starters in (sophomores) Cheyenne Barker and (5-11) Daisy Cowdery along with (junior) Hannah Lawrentz, who did start some games last year, but was not a regular."

And although the 2014-15 Golden Eagles had not only a new coach, but also had to learn a new system with a new offense and defense, "they still played at a high level," said Murray. "I'm proud of them for that. They deserve a lot of credit for coming together and playing good basketball. They've really done a good job."

Murray thought his team "should've really been a (No.) 4 seed, so a seventh seed was very surprising with two teams with losing records ahead of us." Nevertheless, he knows now that a win tonight pits Belpre against another TVC team in Alexander, a No. 2 seed, at 4:30 p.m. Saturday in a sectional final back at Athens High School.

Belpre didn't play the Spartans during the regular season, but Murray has scouted them. "They're very guard-heavy, balanced and a good team, but similar to us - shoot the ball well, run the floor well, press, run and jump," said Murray. "So it was kind of like watching us at times. If we play them, I think we'd match up well with them, but we'd have to play very good basketball."

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

This game has been cancelled tonight

Return to “Girls Basketball”