Division IV Sectional at Northwest

cghs82
JV Team

Re: Division IV Sectional at Northwest

Post by cghs82 »

New Boston also has 2 quality losses against Eastern (10 at home and 9 away) that were both close until the end, and I also consider the West Union loss a quality loss since it was @ West Union and West Union is also 3 times bigger than New Boston (171-54) in girls enrollment. The Whiteoak loss tonight is to be a quality loss to me.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

onthefence wrote:Is the SE district going to the open format for sectional play? If so do you think someone like south webster or ISJ would pick the northwest sectional over the Athens sec.? Closer distance weaker teams and not have to play waterford
The other D-IV SE District is at Meigs, and South Webster and Ironton St. Joe are two of the 11 closest teams to Meigs of the 22 teams in the district and two of 11 farthest East SE teams in D-IV SE District of the 22 teams even though they are closer to Northwest than Meigs so they are placed Meigs to play sectionals there, same case for Green and Eastern-Pike. Best case for those 4 teams is the sectional moved to Gallia County to either River Valley or Gallia Academy, but I doubt it'll happen, Meigs is a more centralized location with Miller in Perry County (between Athens, Logan, and Zanesville) and Waterford in northwestern Washington County (25-30 minutes NW of Marietta).

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

GoBucks1047 wrote:New Boston also has 2 quality losses against Eastern (10 at home and 9 away) that were both close until the end, and I also consider the West Union loss a quality loss since it was @ West Union and West Union is also 3 times bigger than New Boston (171-54) in girls enrollment. The Whiteoak loss tonight is to be a quality loss to me.
The problem with this sectional is that it is very week. Quality losses to teams that also really haven't beat much of anyone either.

Looks to me like the #4-#10 seeds could all easily beat each other. West Union has only 1 league win even though they are the largest achool in the league and they have some pretty bad losses. Next year they'll be much improved but losing by 8 to West Union IMO is not a quality loss.

This sectional isn't strong but the games should be very competitive outside of any NA matchups

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

North Adams 52 Washington 37

snatit
Waterboy

Post by snatit »

Sorry lightle just didnt know what you meant by the Titans having shaffer meant. Anyway a little more info on ND this year. Like I said as of today they are 9-3 overall and have played 7 or 8 games without 2nd leading scorer. Out of conference wins include Piketon, South Point and Manchester. Losses are to Ironton St Joe by 4, Western by 3 and Eastern Pike by 3, all games the Titans lead in the 4th and most of the game just didnt seal the deal. By getting to see alot of the teams play on this list New Boston is probably the 4th best team and could be a team nobody wants a part of in the tournament. Western and ND play again before the draw I would probably say the winner of that game is your number 2 seed.

sinjinian
Freshman Team

Post by sinjinian »

Did Morgan Johnson from Manchester play when Notre Dame beat them? I know she missed the game they lost to against West Union earlier in the year.

snatit
Waterboy

Post by snatit »

Yes she played also ND had 2 starters out that game and were up 19-2 end of 1st and 39-12 at half.

sinjinian
Freshman Team

Post by sinjinian »

Manchester has looked good when I have watched them, that's impressive.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Whiteoak leading 8-4 Fayetteville 31-26 at the half

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

Sounds like Notre Dame beat Green easily tonight 53-21. Clay played at East tonight, but haven't heard anything on that game yet. Eastern beat Symmes Valley in Beaver 59-42 after Eastern trailed 22-24 at half; yes, this game doesn't affect this sectional directly since they're both in the Meigs sectional, but this game affects the 5 SOC teams in this sectional since they play Eastern and Symmes Valley twice. Don't have anything on the Western-New Boston game. How'd the Whiteoak-Fayetteville game end?
Last edited by cghs82 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

GoBucks1047 wrote:Sounds like Notre Dame beat Green easily tonight, the last score I seen from it was 47-20 with 2:11 to go in the game. Clay played at East tonight, but haven't heard anything on that game yet. Eastern beat Symmes Valley in Beaver 59-42 after Eastern trailed 22-24 at half; yes, this game doesn't affect this sectional directly since they're both in the Meigs sectional, but this game affects the 5 SOC teams in this sectional since they play Eastern and Symmes Valley twice. Don't have anything on the Western-New Boston game. How'd the Whiteoak-Fayetteville game end?

Last I heard Whiteoak down 8

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

snatit....which of these teams haven't you seen?

sinjinian
Freshman Team

Post by sinjinian »

Fairfield 66
West Union 42

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Fairfield's difficult schedule will make them a tough out in this sectional.

If I were a top 3 team I'd put them 4th to help make sure to avoid them..

Gopher
Varsity

Post by Gopher »

Fayettevile 67

Whiteoak 57

High scoring game without defense on either side. Just down the floor and shoot, go the other way and repeat.

WHS still cant finish a game. Huge missed opportunity to get a first league win. Now on a 11 game losing streak. (2-11).

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

Seen in another post New Boston beat Western Pike 53-44. I believe New Boston lost by 26 @ Western when the 2 teams met the 1st game. I think New Boston is trying to make a good case for a 6th seed.

snatit
Waterboy

Post by snatit »

Ironman92 wrote:snatit....which of these teams haven't you seen?
Ironman, I have not seen fairfield, paint valley or whiteoak.

ND wins last night now at 10-3 overall.

sinjinian
Freshman Team

Post by sinjinian »

Fairfield beat West Union 66-42, now 5-8

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

So right now I'd have

1. North Adams
2. ND
3. Western
4. Manchester
5. Fairfield
6. New Boston
7. Clay
8. Peebles
9. Whiteoak
10. Green
11. Paint Valley
Last edited by Ironman92 on Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sinjinian
Freshman Team

Post by sinjinian »

Manchester has beaten Fairfield twice, hard to put Fairfield ahead of them

Return to “Girls Basketball”