Division IV Sectional at Northwest

socfan
All Conference

Re: Division IV Sectional at Northwest

Post by socfan »

Ironman92 wrote:
Jeep-ster wrote:Didn't they switch to Valley this year? Boys D4 at Northwest & Girls D4 at Valley.
Haven't heard that but possible.
No. Northwest is hosting both D IV Boys and Girls Sectionals this year.

Gopher
Varsity

Post by Gopher »

Ironman92 wrote:Whiteoak 46
West Union 29

Final
Final ??? You mean finalLY ! A league win. YIPPEE !

Just have North Adams left, maybe go for 2 this season.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

GoBucks1047 wrote:Clay beat New Boston 46-45 in a nailbiter.
Clay was down 17 at one point in this game on senior night.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

I wished the voting period would end on Saturday at either 6 PM or 11:59 PM to give those who play on Saturday one last chance to make a case for the other coaches to vote for a better spot. Clay (8-11), for example, plays @ Symmes Valley (7-12) tomorrow. If Clay wins, I'd have no problem giving them 5th over Peebles and maybe 4th at best, but where the voting ends at 11:59 tonight, I think they would be a 5th or 6th seed, rare chance for 4th, depending on how coaches vote.

As for this sectional, I think 1-3 and 9-11 are set, but 4-8, that could go in any order and it's been difficult picking who gets what seed, but I feel like this is a realistic seeding for this sectional:

1. North Adams (17-1) - Lost @ Lynchburg-Clay last night, but clear #1
2. Notre Dame (15-4) - Split (1-1) With Western-Pike
3. Western-Pike (13-7) - Split (1-1) With Notre Dame
4. Manchester (9-11) - Best: 4th; Worst: 6th; Owns Head-to-Head over Peebles
5. Peebles (7-10) - Best: 4th; Worst: 6th; plays in bigger division of SHAC; 2 wins over West Union, who New Boston lost to
6. Clay (8-11) - Best: 4th; Worst: 8th; Split (1-1) With New Boston; Split (1-1) with Eastern-Pike (15-5)
7. New Boston (8-11) Best: 6th; Worst: 8th; Split (1-1) With Clay; Split (1-1) with Western-Pike (13-7)
8. Fairfield (7-13) - Best: 6th; Worst: 8th; Beat Piketon and West Union, who Clay and New Boston, respectively, lost to
9. Whiteoak (4-16) - Owns Head-to-Head over Paint Valley
10. Paint Valley (2-17) - 2 Wins over winless Adena
11. East (1-?) or (2-?) - 1 or 2 Wins over 0 or 1 win Green

Yeah, 4-8 is really up in the air and I think just about anything can happen in the 4-8 part of this sectional.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

This is tough in the middle

1. North Adams
2. Notre Dame
3. Western Pike

Hard to argue IMO

Now next I will rank the remaining SHAC teams:
Manchester
Fairfield
Peebles
Whiteoak

Just going thru head to head and league matchups this is how those 4 fare....Manchester unimpressively lost to West Union which hasn't beaten any other league team and Whiteoak just beat them 46-29.....even though Manchester hasn't played some teams well they did sweep Fairfield, Whiteoak and beat Peebles. Comparing everyone's scores Fairfield seems every bit as good as Manchester....but must not match up well. Whiteoak has defeated 16-3 Eastern Brown and then led them in the 4th qtr the 2nd matchup, but couldn't get over the hump vs Fairfield, Manchester or Peebles. Peebles has laid several eggs and not played some of the better teams as well as Whiteoak, but then beat Whiteoak.

So I'm comfortable in ranking those 4 teams that way....my problem is how to rank the remaining SOC teams. West Union beat New Boston by 8 points, beat East and Green by 20+...the SOC schools are getting 4 wins (East/Green) that all of the SHAC schools aren't getting to play.

I guess I'd vote:

1. North Adams

2. Notre Dame
3. Western Pike

4. Manchester
5. Fairfield
6. Clay
7. New Boston
8. Peebles
9. Whiteoak
10. Paint Valley
11. East

I think Fairfield could beat any team except North Adams

I would rather face Peebles than Whiteoak but head to head Peebles would be the favorite again.

Not sure this sectional surpasses 2 total wins in the district

HoundsAre4Real
JV Team

Post by HoundsAre4Real »

When Manchester lost to West Union there best player didn't play and only lost by 9. So I would have to say if she played then they would have won that game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

HoundsAre4Real wrote:When Manchester lost to West Union there best player didn't play and only lost by 9. So I would have to say if she played then they would have won that game.
That helps explain that some....Manchester should still be the #4 regardless

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Symmes Valley 43
Clay 31

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

North Adams lost again....this time to Northwest

They are not peaking at the right time it appears.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

And Paint Valley beats Peebles by 8

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Here it is:

1. North Adams
2. ND
3. Western
4. Manchester
5. New Boston
6. Clay
7. Peebles
8. Fairfield (ridiculous)
9. Whiteoak
10. Paint Valley
11. East

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Post by Jayhawks »

So who will play each other?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

jayhawks wrote:So who will play each other?
6 vs 11....winner play 3

7 vs 10....winner play 2

8 vs 9....winner play 1

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

Ironman92 wrote:Here it is:

1. North Adams
2. ND
3. Western
4. Manchester
5. New Boston
6. Clay
7. Peebles
9. Whiteoak
10. Paint Valley
11. East
You may think Fairfield being 8th seed is ridiculous, but it could work into their favor. North Adams has struggled the last two games losing their last two games. Assuming they can get past Whiteoak, who could give Fairfield a challenge, I think they have a better chance of winning against North Adams than they would against Notre Dame, Western, and Manchester.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

GoBucks1047 wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:Here it is:

1. North Adams
2. ND
3. Western
4. Manchester
5. New Boston
6. Clay
7. Peebles
9. Whiteoak
10. Paint Valley
11. East
You may think Fairfield being 8th seed is ridiculous, but it could work into their favor. North Adams has struggled the last two games losing their last two games. Assuming they can get past Whiteoak, who could give Fairfield a challenge, I think they have a better chance of winning against North Adams than they would against Notre Dame, Western, and Manchester.
I wholeheartedly completely disagree. North Adams lost to a talented Lynchburg team at Lynchburg while being undefeated and playing for the gold ball.....then lost the next night to Northwest at Northwest and NW has a couple of really good players and NA was 10-24 from the line.

NA is very well coached and now the undefeated pressure is off of their backs and they'll practice well and improve the FT issues before the sectional final.

No way does Fairfield/Whiteoak have a better chance against NA than the 3 teams you listed.

Ridiculous they were behind Peebles and it's obvious SOS means absolutely nothing. The SE District is embarrassing how they handle seedings for tournaments in nearly every sport.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Ironman, you can't be to shocked by this it happens almost every year. They need to go to a computer system like football. To the person who said they have better chance against na than western, nd, Manchester??? That was a joke, right? North Adams would roll those teams!!! Na is 15-20 points better than nd, 25+ pts better than western, and 30+pts better than Manchester.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

jimmy chipwood wrote:Ironman, you can't be to shocked by this it happens almost every year. They need to go to a computer system like football. To the person who said they have better chance against na than western, nd, Manchester??? That was a joke, right? North Adams would roll those teams!!! Na is 15-20 points better than nd, 25+ pts better than western, and 30+pts better than Manchester.
But but but....NA lost 2 in a row

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

No knock on our SOC teams but the SHL is a whole different world . Way bigger schools ! And way better competition .

sinjinian
Freshman Team

Post by sinjinian »

SOC came out ahead in this one, let the SHAC schools eliminate one another. Fairfield has the toughest schedule of anyone in this sectional including North Adams, what would their record be playing the same schedule as Clay or NB?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Peebles rallied and defeated Fairfield 37-36

Return to “Girls Basketball”