SOC

Mark May
Freshman Team

Re: SOC

Post by Mark May »

Ironman92 wrote:How did OH stay so close to South Webster?
The better question is-What's happened to Oak Hill this year?

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Mark May wrote:
Saw them when they played Northwest, Not very big, Not very fast, and they turn the ball over a lot.
Do have a decent guard and didn't look like they had much depth.
They start 4 or 5 Sr's , JV team only plays two quarters, so doesn't look very promising for the future in Oak Hill Land.
I am sure someone from Oak Hill can give you more info.

Wheelersburg and South Webster Game 2 should be a dandy and for the League Title.

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

Regulator wrote:
Mark May wrote:
Saw them when they played Northwest, Not very big, Not very fast, and they turn the ball over a lot.
Do have a decent guard and didn't look like they had much depth.
They start 4 or 5 Sr's , JV team only plays two quarters, so doesn't look very promising for the future in Oak Hill Land.
I am sure someone from Oak Hill can give you more info.

Wheelersburg and South Webster Game 2 should be a dandy and for the League Title.

This was game #2 for them, they played earlier in the season at Oak Hill with Webster winning 44-34.
Oak Hill girls played hard and Haislop hit several tough shots to keep them in it. South Webster was ice cold from the field and the free throw line. I don't know what their percentages ended up being, but it had to of been awful.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

South Webster and Wheelersburg are clearly the top two teams in the SOC II. Doesn't appear anyone will be able to upset them in league play but I guess you never know for sure. As the saying goes, "that's why we play the games".

Really impressed with the play of the Smith girl from Burg. I didn't realize she was that good. Also impressed with the head coach of Wheelersburg and the good sportsmanship he demonstrates. Nice to see him pull off the press at the end of the 1st quarter when up big. A class act for sure and highly respected.

Does anyone know if the head coach of Oak Hill is retiring after this season? I was told he is already retired from education.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

If he is, he sure isn't going out in a good way...I thought he was still the principal, maybe he has given it up. Not too many oak hill posters on here anymore to lend any insight on the team for some reason....

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

toast wrote:South Webster and Wheelersburg are clearly the top two teams in the SOC II. Doesn't appear anyone will be able to upset them in league play but I guess you never know for sure. As the saying goes, "that's why we play the games".

Really impressed with the play of the Smith girl from Burg. I didn't realize she was that good. Also impressed with the head coach of Wheelersburg and the good sportsmanship he demonstrates. Nice to see him pull off the press at the end of the 1st quarter when up big. A class act for sure and highly respected.

Does anyone know if the head coach of Oak Hill is retiring after this season? I was told he is already retired from education.
I have a PM for you Toast....

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

Jeeps 55 Eastern Pike 34

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

Waverly (3-10) 16
Clay (6-8) 16
Halftime

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

Waverly 31
Clay 28
End of 3rd

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

Waverly 48
Clay 42
Final

Game was back and forth until the end.

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

Oak Hill 48
Northwest 46

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Congratulations Waverly

outsider
Freshman Team

Post by outsider »

Waverly has some potential in a couple of years. They seem to pass the ball a little too much. If the Smith girl from Waverly gets some playing time this summer she is going to be real tough in a couple of years.

Return to “Girls Basketball”