Girls Junior High Basketball

Sports Nut
Waterboy

Girls Junior High Basketball

Post by Sports Nut »

Who are the teams and players to watch in Junior High Girls basketball this season?

RetiredLife
Waterboy

Re: Girls Junior High Basketball

Post by RetiredLife »

Burg, Clay, ND, Webster are my predictions.
Williams (Burg), Campbell (Clay), Schmidt (ND) are strong players I know from each of those teams. Williams new transfer from Portsmouth and Campbell new transfer from ND.
Last edited by RetiredLife on Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RetiredLife
Waterboy

Post by RetiredLife »

Valley has the Call girl too
Webster has the Cox girl

Falconfan14
Riding the Bench

Post by Falconfan14 »

Minford is the team to beat in the 8th grade. Won county championship last season.

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

New Boston beat Minford at the Jr. High previews

Falconfan14
Riding the Bench

Post by Falconfan14 »

Onthefence wrote:New Boston beat Minford at the Jr. High previews
Yes they did!!! Congrats to New Boston 8th grade as beat Minford 7th grade by 2 after trailing to the Minford starters after 1 quarter in a preview.

I said Minford 8th grade was the one to beat not the 7th grade.

RetiredLife
Waterboy

Post by RetiredLife »

Falconfan14 wrote:Minford is the team to beat in the 8th grade. Won county championship last season.
I haven't seen Minford play yet this season. Saw New Boston and they have gained some strong players from West.

23northbound
Waterboy

Post by 23northbound »

Falconfan I agree the Lady Falcons are the team to beat- not a great basketball talented team but overall can put at least 3 to 4 girls on the floor that will hustle and get the job done.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg girls sweep 7th and 8th minford girls.

RetiredLife
Waterboy

Post by RetiredLife »

So Burg played Minford this season? What was the score if so. And does anyone have any other local scores? I went to watch HS game last night so missed the Junior high scores.

Pointing Falcon
JV Team

Post by Pointing Falcon »

Miller Falcons 8th grade girls has to be one of the better teams in the area also.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Please clarify team names.

coachw99
Waterboy

Post by coachw99 »

Burg and Minford will be tough to beat.

23northbound
Waterboy

Post by 23northbound »

Valley 31
Oak Hill 30

Coachw99 I agree 100%

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Jr high basketball records mean less than football which is always deceiving. 1/2 to 3/4 of the kids won't even play in high school. But Minford and Wheelersburg should be the two best teams.

Some other good players in the area are the guard from Clay (Womack maybe), Hughes from Portsmouth, Miller from Oak Hill, Hornikel from Minford, (Rigsby, Adkins, Sissel from West).

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

Westfan wrote:Jr high basketball records mean less than football which is always deceiving. 1/2 to 3/4 of the kids won't even play in high school. But Minford and Wheelersburg should be the two best teams.

Some other good players in the area are the guard from Clay (Womack maybe), Hughes from Portsmouth, Miller from Oak Hill, Hornikel from Minford, (Rigsby, Adkins, Sissel from West).
I think the Hornikel girl goes to South webster

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Westfan wrote:Jr high basketball records mean less than football which is always deceiving. 1/2 to 3/4 of the kids won't even play in high school. But Minford and Wheelersburg should be the two best teams.

I disagree. The girls that are good in junior high are probably going to move on and play. Football I totally agree with.

Vikings22
Waterboy

Post by Vikings22 »

After watching a lot of jr high basketball and aau ball. Logan 7 grade probably has the top he team 7 or 8 in the area. They have guards good size and kids that play year around. Morgan Bentley is one of the best players young players in the area and her supporting cast of Peyton lundsford and Maria Davis give them a solid core of young talented players

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

wobycat wrote:

I disagree. The girls that are good in junior high are probably going to move on and play. Football I totally agree with.
Absolutely the better players will. But out of the starting 5, 2 or 3 usually won't make it to their junior year. A team with 6 good players will beat a team in junior high that only has 1 or 2, even if the 1 or 2 are quite a bit better. But when you get to high school it's about how 4 classes mesh, not just one good class.

I believe Hornikel is playing for Minford now, or at least she was during volleyball.

Referee10
Waterboy

Post by Referee10 »

I have seen Minford, Burg, Valley, Clay, and Green play this season some in scrimmages and some season play. And Minford, Burg, and Clay looked good to me. Minford and Burg have a good mix, Valley is weak but has a strong guard, Clay has a really good post player, she is strong underneath and handles the ball well. Green is weak but aggressive.

Return to “Girls Basketball”