SOC I and II 2014-15

Fundamentals
Varsity

Re: SOC I and II 2014-15

Post by Fundamentals »

Isn't that wat the private schools do anyway. Lol. All schools recruit in round about ways. Parents talking between each other, kids talking between each other. If your kid can play any sports very well, they will be recruited. Even jokingly, even though the "joke" is serious if you really want to come to the "jokesters" school. Lol.

Dean
Freshman Team

Post by Dean »

Firstly, the parent in question has tried to "sell" his girls to almost every school and coach in southern Ohio. the statement "everyone knows Doug recruits" is ridiculous. There is so much jealousy of Doug's success that if he recruited he would have been reported and disciplined long ago. Win like Doug does and people will want to be a part of the program. Some of you are nothing but whiners.

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

Indapaint wrote:Don't know what you mean by "money spent on developing" this isn't college. At the high school level it's the parents that spend the money, not the school. Schools don't pay for AAU, Camps, etc. and trust the people involved spend alot of their own money developing their kids. Just like high school coaches who leave or "greener" pastures (which happened to Webster last year) kids now have the option to play where it best fits them. I see no problem, it as always happened just nw days you have the open enrollment capability. Maybe this parent has given the coach chances to make em stay. I know with Webster losing in the District Semi's this year it was a big disappointment to some and rightfully so. Plus the kids n question are alot better than several other players who seen more playing time. They could have made a big difference in the 4 losses. There is always more involved in transferring then commitment or winning.

And I agree Man, if a parent/kid approaches you, you are not going to say no, do t talk to me. You are going to sure if you move or enroll in my school great, but I am not asking you too. Always easy to get on here and critize and throw stones.
What? South Webster lost in the District Finals in a very tight game. District runner-ups is now a disappointment when your best player is a sophomore? Rough expectations considering the girls program has only won 4 or 5 District Championships EVER.

Dean wrote:Firstly, the parent in question has tried to "sell" his girls to almost every school and coach in southern Ohio. the statement "everyone knows Doug recruits" is ridiculous. There is so much jealousy of Doug's success that if he recruited he would have been reported and disciplined long ago. Win like Doug does and people will want to be a part of the program. Some of you are nothing but whiners.
Correct.

HomeBoy
Waterboy

Post by HomeBoy »

Read what I said key word is "SOME", Johnson has done a great job, but every coach knows you are not making everyone happy. Yes, this is a year they should have won the District, the runner up year was a good year, they should have won District this year, and then lost to eventual State Champions. Just to some that was what was expected. The Sophomore class could be there 4 straight years, Dstrict Finals. JMO, like you have yours. Lol.

My mistake on the District finals.

RIVERVALLEY09
Riding the Bench

Post by RIVERVALLEY09 »

Indapaint wrote:Don't know what you mean by "money spent on developing" this isn't college. At the high school level it's the parents that spend the money, not the school. Schools don't pay for AAU, Camps, etc. and trust the people involved spend alot of their own money developing their kids. Just like high school coaches who leave or "greener" pastures (which happened to Webster last year) kids now have the option to play where it best fits them. I see no problem, it as always happened just nw days you have the open enrollment capability. Maybe this parent has given the coach chances to make em stay. I know with Webster losing in the District Semi's this year it was a big disappointment to some and rightfully so. Plus the kids n question are alot better than several other players who seen more playing time. They could have made a big difference in the 4 losses. There is always more involved in transferring then commitment or winning.

And I agree Man, if a parent/kid approaches you, you are not going to say no, do t talk to me. You are going to sure if you move or enroll in my school great, but I am not asking you too. Always easy to get on here and critize and throw stones.
What I meant was that at South Webster they have fundraising and biddy ball tournaments to raise money for the kids. I was told that they were able to buy the shoes for the girls last year and pay for their summer camp. Thats a classy program if ya ask me.

HomeBoy
Waterboy

Post by HomeBoy »

Yes, but that isn't through the school is what I have told by some parents. The parents help work the fundraising events and you are right it is successful and classy IMO.

buckeyedan
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyedan »

The argument of coaches recruiting versus a kid wanting to go somewhere boils down to numbers.

My daughter will be staying put at west and I can tell you that I talked to three SOC coaches and only one acted in a way in which to me was a recruitment. I never brought up that we were thinking of moving districts (even though we were!)

That one coach is the same coach is will be bringing in 3 new transfers from next year. (2 from webster, 1 from jackson!)

I don't recall a bunch about Oak Hill's other players but 3 of their top five or 6 will be transfers next year.

GOINDIANS
Freshman Team

Post by GOINDIANS »

Yes anyone that pays attention knows that Doug recruits. You can talk to all the parents of the original aau team doug coached and about how they all ended up at oak hill. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on recruiting. I will however say that it sad that a schools highest level administrator does this. Says a lot about the morals of the school board and the school to allow their administrator to openly flaunt cheating.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

GOINDIANS wrote:Yes anyone that pays attention knows that Doug recruits. You can talk to all the parents of the original aau team doug coached and about how they all ended up at oak hill. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on recruiting. I will however say that it sad that a schools highest level administrator does this. Says a lot about the morals of the school board and the school to allow their administrator to openly flaunt cheating.
I believe that Doug Hale is no longer an administrator at Oak Hill. Just coaches.

Parents are the recruiters. Always looking for greener pastures.
Oak Hill has a tradition of great teams, so why wouldn't they go there?

Dean
Freshman Team

Post by Dean »

If you know Doug recruits then report him. If not, then quit whining. Character assassination is easy from behind a computer screen.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

GOINDIANS wrote:Yes anyone that pays attention knows that Doug recruits. You can talk to all the parents of the original aau team doug coached and about how they all ended up at oak hill. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on recruiting. I will however say that it sad that a schools highest level administrator does this. Says a lot about the morals of the school board and the school to allow their administrator to openly flaunt cheating.
Many lies and false accusations on this thread but this one takes the cake. All of Doug's original AAU team ended up at Oak Hill you say? only one transferred from that team, that leaves about 8 or 9 others that didn't. Highest level administrator? He hasn't been superintendent for over 4 years.

Please do some research before falsely accusing people. I have been with Doug when parents have approached him about their kid coming to Oak Hill and he brushes it off.

I don't think that you will find an Oak Hill fan that will say that we have not benefitted from transfers in the past. Those girls were instrumental in the success of our teams. Someone said they aren't being taught commitment, teamwork, responsibility and pride. I will tell you that all of these girls had these characteristics and more.

My question is this, why does the coach get blamed in these situations? I can give you several names of players that have shown up the next school year to start playing and Doug has never met or heard of the player or her parents. You start to learn the player's story and they tell you that they along with their parents liked the way Oak Hill played and his style of coaching so they decided to come here.
Doug is going to coach whoever is there to play basketball, whether they are from Oak Hill originally or moved into the district and I am not quite sure how this is his fault.

Those that say "you would think they could at least get out of the sectional", I think his 17 straight district final games gives him an excuse for at least one mulligan every now and then.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

^ LIKE

RIVERVALLEY09
Riding the Bench

Post by RIVERVALLEY09 »

Whatever happend to "school pride" or "be true to your school"
Lets not forget that when someone transfers to another school they are taking away playing time from someone from their New school. Again I feel bad for the kids who lose their spot that they have been working for to an outsider. I guess OHSAA should require each scool to have 1 transfer, then no one could complain.

RIVERVALLEY09
Riding the Bench

Post by RIVERVALLEY09 »

Now that we've heard everyone's 2 cents on transfers, lets get back to the topic. Any freshmen to watch in ths 2 SOC's next year?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Hoover at ND in the soc1 will be a nice addition. Sticky defender with a nose for the ball. Lexie Smith at 5'10 or something like that wont hurt either.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

onthefence wrote:Whatever happend to "school pride" or "be true to your school"
Lets not forget that when someone transfers to another school they are taking away playing time from someone from their New school. Again I feel bad for the kids who lose their spot that they have been working for to an outsider. I guess OHSAA should require each scool to have 1 transfer, then no one could complain.
You just gave a great example of life!! So if a college grad goes to a job where someone has experience but does the job better, it's not right or it's unfair!? Bullcrap!! These kids need to learn hard work and what it takes to be successful. When our society gets out of "not fair" attitude then this country will take off again!!

RIVERVALLEY09
Riding the Bench

Post by RIVERVALLEY09 »

Or you could say it was an example of whats wrong with America. Some one comes along who is better or prettier or younger than your spouse so kick out the old and get ya a better one. Or like when a company sends jobs overseas too make a little more money. GREED is the downfall of this country. Take pride in your work, your family , your school and your country. GOD BLESS AMERICA.

buckeyedan
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyedan »

onthefence wrote:Now that we've heard everyone's 2 cents on transfers, lets get back to the topic. Any freshmen to watch in ths 2 SOC's next year?
Four SOC II freshman on their way from what I see that will make huge varsity impacts.

In order of the best players:

Daniels Minford (will be good enough to keep them competitive even with loss of basically whole team.)
Johnson South Webster (Coach's 2nd daughter... the combination of them inside will give people fits.)
White West (Coming off of injury... we will see how well she does.)
Ruby Wheelersburg (athletic pesky guard. Doubt she starts but will be a good sub off the bench.)

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

MightyOaksFan wrote:
Many lies and false accusations on this thread but this one takes the cake. All of Doug's original AAU team ended up at Oak Hill you say? only one transferred from that team, that leaves about 8 or 9 others that didn't. Highest level administrator? He hasn't been superintendent for over 4 years.

Please do some research before falsely accusing people. I have been with Doug when parents have approached him about their kid coming to Oak Hill and he brushes it off.

I don't think that you will find an Oak Hill fan that will say that we have not benefitted from transfers in the past. Those girls were instrumental in the success of our teams. Someone said they aren't being taught commitment, teamwork, responsibility and pride. I will tell you that all of these girls had these characteristics and more.

My question is this, why does the coach get blamed in these situations? I can give you several names of players that have shown up the next school year to start playing and Doug has never met or heard of the player or her parents. You start to learn the player's story and they tell you that they along with their parents liked the way Oak Hill played and his style of coaching so they decided to come here.
Doug is going to coach whoever is there to play basketball, whether they are from Oak Hill originally or moved into the district and I am not quite sure how this is his fault.

Those that say "you would think they could at least get out of the sectional", I think his 17 straight district final games gives him an excuse for at least one mulligan every now and then.

Was Hale the coach when the streak started? He didn't coach until after Jaime I thought...Scott Cayton started the streak didn't he?

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Correct, Cayton started it in 97 and Doug took over in 98.

Return to “Girls Basketball”