All Conference

D-4 Final Eastern vs Rosecrans

Post by Eagle82 »

Who will bring home the big trophy?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Re: D-4 Final Eastern vs Rosecrans

Post by Steely Dan »

Only one thing to say, and that is "Let's go Lady Eagles!" You are on the brink of something special!

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

Good luck Lady Eagles from Wildcat Country. Bring back the title!

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

The game can be heard on Retro 92.1 FM and also online at www.wyvk.com.

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

Thursday vs. Fort Loramie

http://mydailysentinel.com/news/sports/ ... emis-68-59

Dec 28 vs. Zanesville Bishop Rosecrans (regular season)

http://www.mydailysentinel.com/news/spo ... rans-70-53

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

TONIGHT: on The Sportsfan on 970WATH Rick Ash, play-by-play announcer for 92.1, will be calling in during the 1st segment to talk about the Eastern Lady Eagles big win last night and Saturday's championship game versus Rosecrans. The show airs live on 970WATH and 970wath.com from 6:06-7:00pm

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

Go Eagles! Bring a state title back to southeastern Ohio!

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

GOOD LUCK Eastern.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Good Luck Eastern!!

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Go Eaglelettes!! SE ohio's pulling for you!!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

And here is bdubya's write up of the championship game. Another fine, well written article providing additional insight and comments into a historic accomplishment for a SEO basketball program. And please pay note to his comment at the end regarding the highest attended game of the tournament!!!!!!!!

http://mydailysentinel.com/news/sports/ ... inal-49-38

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

You want SE Ohio history?

Here ya go. :-D

http://mydailysentinel.com/news/sports/ ... acy-behind

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

Steely Dan wrote:And here is bdubya's write up of the championship game. Another fine, well written article providing additional insight and comments into a historic accomplishment for a SEO basketball program. And please pay note to his comment at the end regarding the highest attended game of the tournament!!!!!!!!

http://mydailysentinel.com/news/sports/ ... inal-49-38
BTW, thanks for the kind words Steely Dan.

It's been a whole lot of fun writing novels here the past few weeks.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

bdubya wrote:You want SE Ohio history?

Here ya go. :-D

http://mydailysentinel.com/news/sports/ ... acy-behind
Fella, that is one great article. That one is going to ring near and dear to those close to the program. I'm sure John is going to shed a tear or two reading your work. I hope that people in SEO can appreciate your and Keyser's work, it is much better than what one would expect in these very small media markets.

Frankly, you, Keyser, and Kevin Wiseman are so much more talented those stupid hacks on Yahoo sports, I hope people come to that realization. Professional writing requires a professional, not some self-professed expert blogging on Yahoo. We need to appreciate the time, sacrifice, and talent of our local writers. And I do, sir. THANK YOU!

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Steely Dan....Thanks for the kind words for bdubya, Kevin Wiseman and myself.

Both bdubya and Kevin W. were plenty busy writing about the state champion Lady Eagles a week ago — and both, as always, produced high-quality in-depth reports.

I've known bdubya for years, and this last week I've read some of the best work he has ever done.

We should also be thanking the likes of Craig Dunn of The Logan Daily News, Brad Morris of The Circleville Herald, Jim Walker of The Ironton Tribune, Cody Leist (formerly of Portsmouth Daily Times) of now the Maysville Ledger-Indepedent, Stephen Forsha of the Highland County Press, Julie Billings of The Pike County News-Watchman and Mark Carpenter of The West Union People's Defender for all the time, effort and dedication they put into this business.

This is also my first chance to log in to SEOPS since March 2 (been in and out of the office a lot due to scheduled time off so SEOPS hasn't been at the top of my priority list lately LOL), and I just wanted to offer my congratulations to the Lady Eagles on the state championship!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I don't know how you guys do business in your part of the world. But here in Rio, I like it when all parties know what they are up against." — Fast Five :!:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Keyser_soze78 wrote:Steely Dan....Thanks for the kind words for bdubya, Kevin Wiseman and myself.

Both bdubya and Kevin W. were plenty busy writing about the state champion Lady Eagles a week ago — and both, as always, produced high-quality in-depth reports.

I've known bdubya for years, and this last week I've read some of the best work he has ever done.

We should also be thanking the likes of Craig Dunn of The Logan Daily News, Brad Morris of The Circleville Herald, Jim Walker of The Ironton Tribune, Cody Leist (formerly of Portsmouth Daily Times) of now the Maysville Ledger-Indepedent, Stephen Forsha of the Highland County Press, Julie Billings of The Pike County News-Watchman and Mark Carpenter of The West Union People's Defender for all the time, effort and dedication they put into this business.

This is also my first chance to log in to SEOPS since March 2 (been in and out of the office a lot due to scheduled time off so SEOPS hasn't been at the top of my priority list lately LOL), and I just wanted to offer my congratulations to the Lady Eagles on the state championship!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I don't know how you guys do business in your part of the world. But here in Rio, I like it when all parties know what they are up against." — Fast Five :!:
Let me throw out some praise for Rick Ash, Jay Rees and the 92.1 crew ... they did a very nice job - not only covering the Lady Eagles - but the rest of Meigs, Gallia and Mason counties all season.

I know Keyser, radio guys hang out at the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to the media world, but we can't just forget them entirely ... lol

BTW ... last seven years

Daily Times - 2 state champions (Wahama, Eastern)
Messenger - 1 state champion (Alexander)
Times Journal - ?

Looks like you're the caboose man ... better step up your game ... perhaps purchase some luckier socks?

:mrgreen:

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

Keyser started it with Norm and the Oaks a few years back. And don't forget Fulks in track and Dobbins in golf.
We are just getting caught up!

I've been blessed with two track champs from GA and several track champs from wahama and point. Three team titles and several individual champs from point wrestling. And now, this one.

It's awesome to get to write stuff like this, but without these kids doing great things - our jobs would be rather boring.

They give us their best, so they deserve our best - and maybe even more.

The guys at retro always do great things for meigs county and wahama, and I thought it was a touch of class to pick up SG at the Convo.

We all believe in making it nice for the kids. That's the thing that everyone should remember.
Last edited by bdubya on Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ah, forgot about Oak Hill boys basketball ...

Return to “Girls Basketball”