DIV FINAL 4: EASTERN, FORT LORAMIE, ROSECRANS, HOLGATE

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Re: DIV FINAL 4: EASTERN, FORT LORAMIE, ROSECRANS, HOLGATE

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

Tomorrow Nights game will be a track meet. Loramie gets out and runs and will look to shoot the 3 anytime they can. The Rose girl is a stud and will be a match up problem for Eastern she is very very good at putting the ball on the deck and attacking. Loramie will play a 8-10 person rotation with full court pressure and trapping anytime they get a chance. More of a run and jump than anything else. I say this, but I am not convinced you can do this against Eastern because of Burdette she will break you down and have a double double by half time with points and assists. However Eastern isn't as deep nor as big as Fort Loramie has at least 3 maybe 4 girls at least 5'11/6 foot. I imagine the team that scores 65 plus will win this one, Loramie has scored over 70 in all their tournament games but 1. I am very excited to sit back and watch this game because I think it has the potential to be the best game of the weekend regardless of divison.

I have seen both teams play I will say this, Loramie plays the tougher schedule from top to bottom.
Eastern has more pure athletes I am not sure if Loramie can match up with their speed.
Size could be a problem for Eastern they haven't played against that type of size.
Also something that gets lost when talking about Tournament games is the Physicality of the game and Loramie will try to enforce their will on Eastern
Both teams have the DIV player of the year, however Burdette I believe is the best guard in the state
Easterns other ball handlers will be tested. As good as jenna is she wont be able to handle it for all 4 quarters Parker, Pullins, Rigsby will have to handle the ball against pressure to give jenna a break every once in a while.

I will also add this, they are playing for a State Championship. The winner of this game will cruise in the finals. Neither Holgate or BR can beat these two teams. Eastern already pounded BR earlier this year.

My final thought for this game is if Burdette can get some help (parker) Eastern will win by a bigger margin then people think. If she doesn't get help it will be a battle.

My prediction Eastern 68 Loramie 59
Burdette 35+ (wouldn't be shocked if she went for 40)

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

In my opinion, Eastern would love to get pressed. They have been begging people all year to get pressed. With guards like Burdette, Parker, and Pullins plus your bigs like Rigsby and Swatzel are very comfortable with the ball in their hands. You just can't pressure or rattle Burdette. She'll slice and dice the press and Eastern will shoot Layups. Someone mentioned something about Eastern can't match their physicality, Swatzel will bang with the best of them. I'd want her on my side in a bar fight. This game is what Eastern has played and practiced for all year. I don't expect a let down from Eastern. If they lose, Loramie will have earned it.

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

Thats what I said I can't imagine them pressing Burdette she is just too good to be pressed but in the past Parker has struggled handling the basketball against good pressure and Pullins is a heck of a player but she is just a Freshman. I am very excited about this game, both team have alot of strengths and very few weaknesses. Plus both teams have a great following from their fans.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Thanks for the breakdown BigShooter.

Can't wait to walk into Value City Arena tomorrow.

I received my press pass this morning for WXTQ/WATH ... We won't be broadcasting, I'll leave that up to our friends at 92.1 ... But we've been covering the Lady Eagles on our 6:00PM sports show, we'll cover them on our Friday morning sportscast - and I will probably provide game updates on our twitter page at the station ... All the years I've followed high school sports, I've actually never made it up to the Schott for the finals. I've always just stayed close to home and watched the districts and regionals. (maybe its because I'm lazy and just watch the finals on STO ... lol)

But I can't pass up this opportunity to watch a TVC team play on the big stage. I was in Massillon in the fall (for Trimble), will be at the Schott this winter (Eastern) ... All we need is a baseball/softball team to make it this spring to pull off the trifecta.

No matter what, it's been an incredible run for the league at the state level ... Alexander volleyball, Eastern volleyball, Wahama football, Trimble football and Eastern girls basketball ... Hopefully it continues into Saturday afternoon.
Last edited by 93Bulldog on Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I know this means absolutely nothing ... but it's kind of interesting.

All Ohio for Eastern included P.O.Y and first teamer Jenna Burdette, 2nd team Jordan Parker and special mention Erin Swatzel.
All Ohio for Fort Loramie included only P.O.Y Darian Rose.

givengo
Waterboy

Post by givengo »

Would anyone know what sections Eastern fans will be in?

supermama
Freshman Team

Post by supermama »

Eastern fans will be in 123 and 124. GO EAGLES. #UnfinishedBusiness :aaaaa26 :aaaaa26 :aaaaa26

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Now wait a second ... shouldn't those smileys be waving green flags? Fort Loramie is red ...... ;-)

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

As long as they aren't white lol

supermama
Freshman Team

Post by supermama »

I'm not tech savvy enough to know how to change the flag color, you two :aaaaa12 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa93 :aaaaa93 :aaaaa93 how about these smilies?

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

After spending the last few weeks researching, number-crunching and trying to make sense of this almost unprecedented thing that we have been blessed with over 4 years, I can honestly say that I am ready for some basketball.

Good luck Lady Eagles!

Safe travels to all making the trip. Rock THE House!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

bdubya wrote:After spending the last few weeks researching, number-crunching and trying to make sense of this almost unprecedented thing that we have been blessed with over 4 years!
Please post a link if or when you write an article involving that info. I'm interested in reading it. I have a general idea of wins, titles, post season awards - and those alone are impressive. But I'm interested in seeing all the info laid out by someone who has followed the team - and researched all the numbers, etc ... etc ...

Thanks

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

Final Four preview

http://mydailysentinel.com/news/sports/ ... ady-Eagles

Eastern's place in se ohio history

http://mydailysentinel.com/news/sports/ ... p-to-state

I still have a few tidbits left too.

Be careful on your way up to the Schott 93. It should be worth the drive.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

bdubya wrote:Be careful on your way up to the Schott 93. It should be worth the drive.
I won't be driving - I'm just jumping in the car with K.W.

I figure an hour of listening to old Jackson stories, how great Humphreys was in 2003 versus Athens and how a freshmen soccer player won the game - is worth the torture to see an area team play in the final 4!

What I go through sometimes to see teams play is mindboggling.

lol

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

Just mention Burrow, Watson and Doseck and he'll come around for ya.

He's starting to turn more and more into an Athens guy. May not always seem that way, but it's true.

At least he knows where he is going. That'll help.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

bdubya wrote:He's starting to turn more and more into an Athens guy. May not always seem that way, but it's true.
HA! Finally. Someone else is recognizing his transformation. I've put a lot of work into that.

:mrgreen:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

After reading the articles in the Daily Times - I'm not sure I have ever seen a team in this area reach the heights this Eastern girls basketball team has reached. It's absolutely amazing.

The folks over in Southern had a pretty incredible run in baseball - but were shut down by Newark Catholic in the regionals and don't have the tournament resume Eastern has.
Now, the run Wahama football had from Trenton Gibbs sophomore year - to Kane Roush's senior year - is pretty comparable. Plus they DO HAVE a state title.
Athens football is currently 29-1 in the regular season during Joe Burrow's first 3 years in high school - with one more to go - so we'll have to see where that leads.

I would actually like to see an article laid out comparing Wahama football, Eastern girls basketball and the Southern baseball runs ... have all the info provided and all the numbers crunched, then allow the reader to determine for themselves which was more impressive.

Heck, that would make a great topic on preps.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

From the Columbus Dispatch this morning ...

The coach at Fort Loramie has 298 careers wins ... 2 shy of 300 ... of course, it will take two wins to earn the state championship.

Now, I really hope she gets that #300 ... what an accomplishment.

.............. I just hope its after the Redskins win their 2nd game of the season next year.

8)

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

Southern shouldn't be in the conversation with Eastern Girls. Yes what they did was impressive I am not taking anything away from them, but It is a huge difference between being a pretender and a contender. You can say all you want about Wahama but their from WV so they shouldnt count either hahaha....Im sure that will get the people on here fired up! Your not considered a contender until you reach Columbus and the Lady Eagles have done that twice.

3 Tri Valley Conference Hocking Championships
4 District Championships
1 Regional Runner-Up
2 Regional Championships
2 Final Four Appearances
1 ................ (you fill in the blank)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

BigShooter wrote:Southern shouldn't be in the conversation with Eastern Girls. Yes what they did was impressive I am not taking anything away from them, but It is a huge difference between being a pretender and a contender. You can say all you want about Wahama but their from WV so they shouldnt count either hahaha....Im sure that will get the people on here fired up! Your not considered a contender until you reach Columbus and the Lady Eagles have done that twice.

3 Tri Valley Conference Hocking Championships
4 District Championships
1 Regional Runner-Up
2 Regional Championships
2 Final Four Appearances
1 ................ (you fill in the blank)
I agree ... it's impressive!

being a 'baseball guy' and having played for so many years - I can understand and appreciate how hard it is to go 24-0 on the diamond. That's why I threw them in the mix.

It would be a fun debate once the season is over with ... no reason to take the spotlight off what this Eastern team is doing right now.

:mrgreen:

Return to “Girls Basketball”