DIV FINAL 4: EASTERN, FORT LORAMIE, ROSECRANS, HOLGATE

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: DIV FINAL 4: EASTERN, FORT LORAMIE, ROSECRANS, HOLGATE

Post by Ironman92 »

mhs95_06 wrote:Burdette 12/18 on FGs including Eastern's only trey, 13/15 from the line including her last ten in a row, 6 reb, 6 steals, 3 assts, and guarded Rose down the stretch, playing the last two minutes with 4 fouls, with two players(Swatzel and Keller) already fouled out and Parker with 4. Burdette's 38 points ties the D4 state semi record for points, originally set in 1986. A very intense battle! Congrats.

Rosecrans now has a 2nd opportunity to knock off Eastern this season, this time for all the marbles. Was Rosecrans without a good player in that first game at Eastern?

Thought I saw that their second best player sat out the first half

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Awesome! Congratulations to the Lady Eagles. One more game, one more win. The journey is nearly complete. Fantastic!

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

Congrats to the Lady Eagles from the North Adams Lady Devils!!!

Bring the title home!!

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

BigShooter wrote:My prediction Eastern 68 Loramie 59
Burdette 35+ (wouldn't be shocked if she went for 40)
This was a prediction right on the money also!

Here are the official stats: http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/bk/girls/20 ... 4semi2.htm

The ones I got from the live stats on the OHSAA website and the two radio stations I listened to were a little off from the official ones.

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Post by dragonsfan24 »

Congrats to the Eastern Lady Eagles! Best of luck on Saturday, and may you be the first of 2 teams from Southeastern Ohio to bring home a title!

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Jenna's back has got to be hurting. We need some other girls to play like they are capable Saturday. What a performance by Burdette tonight. 37 and 38 in her last 2 games. Unreal

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Saturday's game can be heard on Retro 92.1 FM and online at www.wyvk.com. Tip is set for 2:07. Pre-game begins at 1:40.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Congrats to Eastern. Too bad I've had stuff going on on different days during their tourney run. Would like to see Jenna play.

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

The game will be on TV on Sports Time Ohio (if you have DIRECTV it's channel 662) at 2pm

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

BigShooter wrote:Tomorrow Nights game will be a track meet. Loramie gets out and runs and will look to shoot the 3 anytime they can. The Rose girl is a stud and will be a match up problem for Eastern she is very very good at putting the ball on the deck and attacking. Loramie will play a 8-10 person rotation with full court pressure and trapping anytime they get a chance. More of a run and jump than anything else. I say this, but I am not convinced you can do this against Eastern because of Burdette she will break you down and have a double double by half time with points and assists. However Eastern isn't as deep nor as big as Fort Loramie has at least 3 maybe 4 girls at least 5'11/6 foot. I imagine the team that scores 65 plus will win this one, Loramie has scored over 70 in all their tournament games but 1. I am very excited to sit back and watch this game because I think it has the potential to be the best game of the weekend regardless of divison.

I have seen both teams play I will say this, Loramie plays the tougher schedule from top to bottom.
Eastern has more pure athletes I am not sure if Loramie can match up with their speed.
Size could be a problem for Eastern they haven't played against that type of size.
Also something that gets lost when talking about Tournament games is the Physicality of the game and Loramie will try to enforce their will on Eastern
Both teams have the DIV player of the year, however Burdette I believe is the best guard in the state
Easterns other ball handlers will be tested. As good as jenna is she wont be able to handle it for all 4 quarters Parker, Pullins, Rigsby will have to handle the ball against pressure to give jenna a break every once in a while.

I will also add this, they are playing for a State Championship. The winner of this game will cruise in the finals. Neither Holgate or BR can beat these two teams. Eastern already pounded BR earlier this year.

My final thought for this game is if Burdette can get some help (parker) Eastern will win by a bigger margin then people think. If she doesn't get help it will be a battle.

My prediction Eastern 68 Loramie 59
Burdette 35+ (wouldn't be shocked if she went for 40)

I predicted that!!!! I also had Jenna going for 35+

I dont want to TOOT my own horn.....but darn it thats impressive I dont care what you guys say TOOT TOOT

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Fartdawg wrote:Eastern is at least a 68- 59 winner in the semi. Burdette, second best player in the TVC, will score at least 38 to tie the all time girls record.
Man that guy is a regular Nostradamus! :mrgreen:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

TONIGHT: on The Sportsfan on 970WATH Rick Ash, play-by-play announcer for 92.1, will be calling in during the 1st segment to talk about the Eastern Lady Eagles big win last night and Saturday's championship game versus Rosecrans. The show airs live on 970WATH and 970wath.com from 6:06-7:00pm

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

93Bulldog wrote:After reading the articles in the Daily Times - I'm not sure I have ever seen a team in this area reach the heights this Eastern girls basketball team has reached. It's absolutely amazing.

The folks over in Southern had a pretty incredible run in baseball - but were shut down by Newark Catholic in the regionals and don't have the tournament resume Eastern has.
Now, the run Wahama football had from Trenton Gibbs sophomore year - to Kane Roush's senior year - is pretty comparable. Plus they DO HAVE a state title.
Athens football is currently 29-1 in the regular season during Joe Burrow's first 3 years in high school - with one more to go - so we'll have to see where that leads.

I would actually like to see an article laid out comparing Wahama football, Eastern girls basketball and the Southern baseball runs ... have all the info provided and all the numbers crunched, then allow the reader to determine for themselves which was more impressive.

Heck, that would make a great topic on preps.
Joe Burrow's was on the freshmam team his first year.So he is currently 19-1 as varsety player with one more to go will see where that goes.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

True ... but they did move him up to play DB in a few games ... he actually started when Athens took on Warren and Dylan Leffingwell when they threw the ball all over the place,

GAME DAY LADY EAGLES ... GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Go Eagles!!!!!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

STO has blocked DISH due to contract battles!!!!

HORSE CRAP!!!

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

Last edited by bengals01 on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Eastern up 22-16 at half. Played probably their worst half of the tourney and still up 6

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats to Eastern being state Champs

Return to “Girls Basketball”