Hall
Roney.
Not sure after that.
Burdette if she was in this district

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Re: Div. 4 All district team

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

The Associated Press all-Southeast District teams — which encompasses ALL teams from BOTH District 13 AND District 14 AND Fairfield Union — will be released on Tuesday, March 4 at 6:30 p.m. by the AP.

The District 13 Coaches Association teams, as I'm told by District 13 Director and Vinton County boys basketball head coach Matt Combs, will be released around the time of the boys district finals (girls regional finals) or the week of the boys regionals.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I don't know how you guys do business in your part of the world. But here in Rio, I like it when all parties know what they are up against." — Fast Five :!:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

justthefacts wrote:Pell
Hall
Roney.
Not sure after that.
Burdette if she was in this district
Cox from Fairfield has to be 1st team in the Coach Poll.

Is ISJ in your district? Their guard could be first.....I'll guess her as 2nd team per AP

jinks
Freshman Team

Post by jinks »

Miller of St. Joseph definitely needs to be in this discussion! She does it all.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I always like to see how many of the teams playing in the district finals have players on the all district teams...

jinks
Freshman Team

Post by jinks »

I understand your point, Transplant, but sometimes the best player may not play for the best team. It is easy sometimes to be a star on a good team. (lots of support, other people need to be guarded, etc.) It takes a lot more effort and talent to be a star on a team that may otherwise be lacking. Congrats to all the all stars in advance.

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

I would agree to a certian point. But if you are a good player on a good team then it is going to be harder to put up the numbers that a good player, who is the only scorer on a weak team. I think any coach would rather have 5 in double digits than one who adverages 20+. Great players make everyone look better on the court. However, people look at the box scores.

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

For all Div selections, it boils down to how many coaches from individual conferences show up. Every year you see kids with better numbers who coaches don't see get bumped to lower teams or left off. And from what I have heard throughout the years some coaches don't submit or even show up. Even if you don't have a player tht will make 1-3 teams, you show up and vote or those kids deserving to be there. Sure this year we will see some questionable pavements or players not making it.

Be nice to see a blind vote on stats alone, with no name, school, grade shown. Unless a tie, then go to grade with the nod going to seniority. Listen JMO, don't jump on me, but I pretty sure most of us would line to see a better system, just lie in seeding.

Congrats to the players that make the teams. Have seen pretty much all of the kids in area play at one level, alt of good kids.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Usually if they are on the best team, chances are they are pretty good players. I just think its odd when some of the players getting 1st team arent even on teams with a winning record. If they are THAT good, then they would make their team better. We will see when the teams are released...

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I disagree with that logic . 1 player doesn't win a game. They can make the game easier for team mates and can score points but can't guard 5 ppl at once. It's very possible for a kid to be the best player in a league and be on a horrible team. They shouldn't get slighted for lack of surrounding talent.

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

Eastern Meigs starting 5

sinjinian
Freshman Team

Post by sinjinian »

Good players on bad teams generally get more defensive attention from their opponents. Unless they are an obvious ball hog only out for themselves, I don't think the numbers they put up should be discounted.

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

Strength of schedule, should be considered. The coaches should get together and be asked if u could pick five player out of the whole district to play for your team.there is your first team

Lovetheroundball
Riding the Bench

Post by Lovetheroundball »

I would have to put Gilliland from Clay on the all district team. She is on one of the 4 teams in the district finals. I don't have exact stats but she averages over 15 points a game, around 12 rebounds, over 3 blocks, 2.5 steals and I believe leads her team in all these categories. She is also 2nd in assists. She is shooting 44% from 3. Against Notre Dame she had a quadruple double with 10 blocks, 10 steals, 14 rebounds and 11 points.

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

If a player has signed to play D1 always clued me in that they were pretty good.

Return to “Girls Basketball”