reynoldsburg 98 columbus west 5

Post by blackshooky »

reynoldsburg 34-18-28-18
columbus west 0-2-3-0

toast
All State

Re: reynoldsburg 98 columbus west 5

Post by toast »

I can't fathom any scenario where this type of score is acceptable. You're up 56-2 at half and come out and score 28 points in the third quarter…..sounds like someone has an ego problem.

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

Waa, Waa, Waa, get so tired of these kick ball type of people wanting everything to be equal. If you step on the court or on the field then be prepared to play until the game is finished. The objective of the game is to score as many as you can while keeping your opponenent from scoring. Get better people........

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

You play hard for three quarters because it's the tournament and you have to keep your team ready from all angles. Now you don't have to press or anything like that, you can work on passing and say the only shot the team shoots is a layup. You then show your sportsmanship in the fourth and play the JV.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

Have we not had this discussion before? Many times.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Blah blah blah

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Wait til a star player gets hurt in one of these type of games and we'll see how funny it is..Won't do you much good in round two will it?

mray23
All Conference

Post by mray23 »

there's 45 teams in the D-I Central district. Reynoldsburg was the #1 seed West was the #45 seed why is anybody surprised? I looked at the boxscore and Reynoldsburg played everybody and with their basketball program being excellent every year I'm sure the JV team could beat West's varsity by 40 or more. Reynoldsburg is a respectable program, I'd be surprised if the starters played more than a little over 2 qtrs.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Central Ohio Preps is probably going wild.

This blowout means nothing to me whatsoever.

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

If you are scoring 5 points in an entire ball game it is hard to blame anyone but yourselves.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

So Reynoldsburg wins 98-5 and they even played ALL their bench players. Geeez I guess we should be gracious!

There are numerous things a coach can do so that the score doesn't end up so lopsided. Reynoldsburg obviously didn't go that route. That isn't a respectable basketball program in my book.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

toast wrote:So Reynoldsburg wins 98-5 and they even played ALL their bench players. Geeez I guess we should be gracious!

There are numerous things a coach can do so that the score doesn't end up so lopsided. Reynoldsburg obviously didn't go that route. That isn't a respectable basketball program in my book.
Just my thoughts and my thoughts only....but

48-5
58-5
68-5
78-5
88-5
98-5

If I'm a player on the team that scores 5.....all of these scores feel the same. We got hammered by a completely better and dominant team.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

It's not a question about who is the dominant and better team. That was readily apparent before the game started.

The question should be: Do you continue to kick someone when they are down? Up 56-2 and they came out and scored 28 points in the third quarter. Common sense and good sportsmanship would dictate you don't do that.

Get the game over with and get ready for the next game. There is nothing to be gained by either team in this contest no matter how it's played out.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

toast wrote:It's not a question about who is the dominant and better team. That was readily apparent before the game started.

The question should be: Do you continue to kick someone when they are down? Up 56-2 and they came out and scored 28 points in the third quarter. Common sense and good sportsmanship would dictate you don't do that.

Get the game over with and get ready for the next game. There is nothing to be gained by either team in this contest no matter how it's played out.

Personally, I wouldn't do it. If my team is leading 56-2 at half...I'm probably going to win it about 85-8. Everyone is going to score.

PantherPride
Varsity

Post by PantherPride »

They won their first round game 93-13

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Some folks argue to yank your starters at halftime no matter what. I don't believe that. You have a responsibility to keep your team sharp in the tournament. Now there are ways you can slow down the scoring, and I'm sure Reynoldsburg did that. Ultimately, there should be a minimum number of wins for a team to make the postseason because the first week of the tournament is typically crap. I've suggested a winning record before.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

This topic gets really old and really boring. Hey put forth some effort and don't give up 98 points. Shoot a couple shots during the summer and score more than 5.

Basketball Cartel
Riding the Bench

Post by Basketball Cartel »

Agreed.

pitt87fan
Freshman Team

Post by pitt87fan »

My kids work hard in the off season. Instead of going to mall or pool they come to the gym to shoot and work on skills. Why should they be punished and not allowed to play because the team they are playing did nothing during the off season and very little during the season.
This is not soccer! This is varsity basketball and sometimes you learn a hard lesson, just like in life.

Mark May
Freshman Team

Post by Mark May »

Did the coach tell them not to score 100? Like that would matter? 98/100, it's the same thing when you beat someone that bad...I'm like another poster, the time will come when a star player or players get hurt in this type of fiasco, and things might be looked at differently.It's one thing to beat someone by 40 (that's bad enough) but this is off the chart.

Return to “Girls Basketball”