SOC 1 POY

Lightle04
SE

SOC 1 POY

Post by Lightle04 »

I think Carson Roney from Eastern has to be the favorite. Though only a sophomore she is averaging a double double and around 24 pts a game .

transplant
SE

Re: SOC 1 POY

Post by transplant »

I agree, I have not seen all the teams play in SOC 1, but my vote would be for her. She is a tough player and to win the league with only 7 girls, thats impressive. She is the best player on their team. She will be a force in the next few years.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

easy choice . shes it .

shady 75
Freshman Team

Post by shady 75 »

Looks like Katie redding from clay got the most votes?

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

It happens every year, everyone tries to get their senior the awards. Not taking anything away from the girl from Katie, but Roney is the best player on the team that won the league, she should have won it. Politics...its ruining the game. Let the stats speak for themsleves.

shady 75
Freshman Team

Post by shady 75 »

Roney is by far the best player in the conference !!! Redding although a nice player,IMO is not even the best player on her team. 3rd at best.

Nine20four
Freshman Team

Post by Nine20four »

Roney will get her POy next year most likely. Redding is at least as deserving as last years selection. First time I can remember POY not going to league champs.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

What if Roney has a bad year next year? Will she be nominated for her play this year? I doubt it, its called player of the year, she deserves it.

Nine20four
Freshman Team

Post by Nine20four »

If she has a bad year she won't be deserving of POY but I doubt that happens. She's only going to get better. I'm not disputing that Roney may have been slighted, but Redding is a first team selection by any measure, a four year starter, and a senior. Widdowson is just as deserving as both of them IMO, if not more so based on what she's meant to Clay over their 13 game winning streak.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Oh i know, Roney will be scary good in the years to come. I was just saying the award is based on the current year. I agree, Redding and Widowson are both deserving of first team as well. it just isnt fair the teams are based on how well your team finished in the league. all are good players and should be in the discussion for the awards.

Clark Griswold
Waterboy

Post by Clark Griswold »

politics?

you think the majority of the coaches have something to gain or something by voting redding over roney?

sour grapes...congratulations to ms. redding, i hope you don't read the so called experts opinions on this site.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

seems to me the majority of the coachs must have saw something that the majority of them agreed upon . A lot can go into it , NOT just PPG . Hats off to you, for all the beating and banging under that basket " Big Katie" .

eaglepride05
Waterboy

Post by eaglepride05 »

Great pick,very deserving young lady

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I agree not just ppg should decide it Roney aveveraged a double - double and about 4 blks a game . She was the best player on the best team. She deserved to at least share the award I think. I'm not slighting any of the other players but slighting her is not fair ether. I feel bad for teams in our league next year if she holds a grudge.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Wow...

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

No sour grapes, i don't care who wins the award, i don't have ties to either school or either player. In my opinion, i just think Roney is the better player. I wasnt trying to put Redding down, she is a solid player as well, and she deserved to be in the running for it. But to be the best player on a team that won the league with 6/7 girls, pretty impressive. But, that being said, congratulations to Redding from Clay. And i don't claim to be an "expert" at all, just an innocent bystander.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

my son showed me some tweets from the " ladies" down at eastern . girls better learn nothing is private on social media .

Return to “Girls Basketball”