Eastern 83, Wahama 4

Super trooper
All State

Re: Eastern 83, Wahama 4

Post by Super trooper »

Easterns average margin of victory this year is above 50 points a game. I'm not sure what else you can expect a team to do. Go play 3 minutes as hard as you can every game and then hold the ball for the other 29 minutes?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

bdubya wrote:Wahama also possesses a 1k scorer on its current roster, which means there is some firepower on that squad.
Firepower? Wahama hasn't won a game and have been held to 8, 21, 16, 10, 13, 23, 18, 21, 15 and 4 points during 10 different games this season. Trimble has one win (1-15) and they defeated Wahama 42-13.

I'm not sure 'firepower' is the word I would have used there.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Kudos to the girl for scoring 1000 but how exactly did she do it with some of these game totals I'm seeing

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

Super Trooper wrote:Kudos to the girl for scoring 1000 but how exactly did she do it with some of these game totals I'm seeing
Four years and lots of shots.

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

93Bulldog wrote:
bdubya wrote:Wahama also possesses a 1k scorer on its current roster, which means there is some firepower on that squad.
Firepower? Wahama hasn't won a game and have been held to 8, 21, 16, 10, 13, 23, 18, 21, 15 and 4 points during 10 different games this season. Trimble has one win (1-15) and they defeated Wahama 42-13.

I'm not sure 'firepower' is the word I would have used there.
I see you are a great partial reader. The statement was some firepower.

Figuring you use redicules when you mean to use ridiculous, I don't think you should comment on anyone's choice of wording.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Super Trooper wrote:Easterns average margin of victory this year is above 50 points a game. I'm not sure what else you can expect a team to do. Go play 3 minutes as hard as you can every game and then hold the ball for the other 29 minutes?
What were the 2 leading scorers even doing in the game in the second half? I'm sure by then the margin was at least 50 points. What about a season ending injury to starter on a squad who's ultimate goal is a State Championship? Why would you risk a long term, team goal for one night of madness? Surely that's more important than skull cracking a winless team. I know I'm not going to win this argument, not that I'm looking at it that way but I'm sure most of you are. You will have a defense/answer for any point to the contrary someone brings. With that being said, again, best of luck to your young ladies and hope they bring home that big gold basketball sitting in Columbus. Sounds like it runs through Eastern this year!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

bdubya wrote:Figuring you use redicules when you mean to use ridiculous, I don't think you should comment on anyone's choice of wording.

When I type "redicules" ... a BIG RED line shows up underneath - not sure I have ever spelled it that way ... Maybe before computers when I was in the 8th grade.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The Oaf wrote:
Super Trooper wrote:Easterns average margin of victory this year is above 50 points a game. I'm not sure what else you can expect a team to do. Go play 3 minutes as hard as you can every game and then hold the ball for the other 29 minutes?
What were the 2 leading scorers even doing in the game in the second half? I'm sure by then the margin was at least 50 points. What about a season ending injury to starter on a squad who's ultimate goal is a State Championship? Why would you risk a long term, team goal for one night of madness? Surely that's more important than skull cracking a winless team. I know I'm not going to win this argument, not that I'm looking at it that way but I'm sure most of you are. You will have a defense/answer for any point to the contrary someone brings. With that being said, again, best of luck to your young ladies and hope they bring home that big gold basketball sitting in Columbus. Sounds like it runs through Eastern this year!
Playing basketball....they were playing basketball. I have never witness a coach not playing players in the 2nd half.....especially with a team of 8-10 players.

I fail to see how the heck 58-4 makes anyone feel any better.

I would love to hear from the Wahama girls about how the Eastern girls were handling this. Those are good kids playing for Eastern.

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

93Bulldog wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:It supposed to snow from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm later this afternoon. Again some tomorrow afternoon and a little bit early Mon morning.

Mixed in with it's supposed to get down to 6 degrees tonight and further freeze everything.

I'd put a Monday game at 50/50 at best. I really want there to be a game but it doesn't look great.
IT'S TERRIBLE IN ATHENS RIGHT NOW ...

THIS IS GETTING RIDICULES!
From your Athens at Jackson thread just last week.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Not sure why this turned into a typo war

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Super Trooper wrote:Not sure why this turned into a typo war
LOL ...

I want it noted I did spell ridicules with an I - not an E ... :mrgreen:

And I do believe my first post was about 'choice' of words describing a team. It had nothing to do with 'misspelling'.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I'm not picking sides lol I respect both of you. Just trying to get back on topic

supermama
Freshman Team

Post by supermama »

Just a question for those of you who look at all the forums on here, I admit I don't. I just pay attention to the ones my kids are involved in. But, does anyone complain on the football or boys basketball sites when some team hammers another. I recall lots of football scores that were totally lopsided in the past few years. Or is it that people expect that from boys and not girls? BTW, the Lady Eagles have never ran a score up on a team. I've been at every game for the past 4 years and have had numerous parents from opposing teams tell me that our girls are a class act.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

supermama wrote:Just a question for those of you who look at all the forums on here, I admit I don't. I just pay attention to the ones my kids are involved in. But, does anyone complain on the football or boys basketball sites when some team hammers another. I recall lots of football scores that were totally lopsided in the past few years. Or is it that people expect that from boys and not girls? BTW, the Lady Eagles have never ran a score up on a team. I've been at every game for the past 4 years and have had numerous parents from opposing teams tell me that our girls are a class act.
Supermama...every sport boys and girls, sometimes it's legit but for the most part it's just complaining.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

just a question for someone who was in attendance -- How does a varsity team only score 4 points against a team who is supposedly playing their second five and according to all reports NOT pressing at all ? Was Eastern still blocking every shot they could and grabbing every steal they could and deflecting every pass they could ? If so I'd say thats rubbing it in pretty good . At some point when its 56-4 you tell your D , relax , let them run whatever play they call and get up a legit shot attempt , If they are that bad , that after that they still cant score I'd recommend doing away the varsity program for awhile.

ckbetz
Waterboy

Post by ckbetz »

You might want to look at Wahama's entire program right now. I feel sorry for them, they don't even have a middle school team competing. So yeah, there's a good chance they are just not very competitive. Until you know the circumstances you really shouldn't comment. If it's me, I still want my second 5 to execute, and play the game. How humiliating would it be to just stop playing and let a team score?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

ManitouDan wrote:just a question for someone who was in attendance -- How does a varsity team only score 4 points against a team who is supposedly playing their second five and according to all reports NOT pressing at all ? Was Eastern still blocking every shot they could and grabbing every steal they could and deflecting every pass they could ? If so I'd say thats rubbing it in pretty good . At some point when its 56-4 you tell your D , relax , let them run whatever play they call and get up a legit shot attempt , If they are that bad , that after that they still cant score I'd recommend doing away the varsity program for awhile.

If I'm on the bad end of this as a player and the defense wasn't trying to block shots or play defense.....I'd be more embarrassed by that than the score.

I've coached lower levels and been given a helpless team while other teams were stacked as 3 Dads had to coach together and those girls were beating our girls 31-2 and trapping at half court (no pressing was allowed)....wasn't much we could do. The next time we played we made adjustments and still got mashed 28-12 but improved....played them a 3rd time in the tournament and we rimmed out a 3 pointer to win it and had them sweating.

1.....zero blame on the girls
2.....use timeouts/halftime to do something else
3.....get better

If Eastern wasn't picking up until around the 3 point line I have ZERO ISSUES

Shoot the ball from 25 feet....get shots up, quit doing the sane things that are not working.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I would like to see how many shots were taken by each.

supermama
Freshman Team

Post by supermama »

Eastern played zone for 3 quarters and did not pick them up until they were pass the 3 point line. I don't know about a shot count. We were told Wahama doesn't have a jr high program because no one applied to coach. They also don't have a JV program. Most of the second half was played by 4 freshmen and a junior with no varsity experience. At no point did they press.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

rough sitiuation for both sides , I'm not attempting to be negative on Eastern at all. just hard to fathom a team only scoring 4 points . Is this a game that has to be played , meaning conference ?

Return to “Girls Basketball”