Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Jackson at Logan

Post by Ironman92 »

FINAL

Logan 65
Jackson 66

Ha!

Madison Ridout took her ball and let everyone know who the top player in the league is...35 points

Jenkins 12
Wills 11
Parks 6
Hoover 2

Huge win....great great effort by Logan and Jackson is turning the corner on these contests....Keep it up!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

That puts Ridout right around 1150 career points....only behind Howe and I think Coffey but not positive.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

The interesting point for this game would be how the ladies from Logan would come back after the beat down at Warren. Well they did not pack it in. All played with emotion. The Logan coach coached. Put the best effort on both parts of this program. Maybe the ladies have also turned the corner. Good luck Lady Chiefs.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Ridout must have had a tremendous 2nd half, going from -8 to +1, scoring 24 of her teams 39 in the half. I assume Poe is still out. How many fouls did Madison have at half, end of 3, and for the game? Seems like she was probably in good shape to be very aggressive in the 2nd half. Who scored the last points of the game? Did Jackson lead by more than one in the 2nd half?

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

mhs95_06 wrote:Ridout must have had a tremendous 2nd half, going from -8 to +1, scoring 24 of her teams 39 in the half. I assume Poe is still out. How many fouls did Madison have at half, end of 3, and for the game? Seems like she was probably in good shape to be very aggressive in the 2nd half. Who scored the last points of the game? Did Jackson lead by more than one in the 2nd half?
Can tell this game was not at Warren or Madison would be on the bech trying to score. Madison was in beast mode tonight!

jacksonfan13
Riding the Bench

Post by jacksonfan13 »

mhs95_06 wrote:Ridout must have had a tremendous 2nd half, going from -8 to +1, scoring 24 of her teams 39 in the half. I assume Poe is still out. How many fouls did Madison have at half, end of 3, and for the game? Seems like she was probably in good shape to be very aggressive in the 2nd half. Who scored the last points of the game? Did Jackson lead by more than one in the 2nd half?
Madison was in pretty good shape as far as fouls went. With 7 seconds to go, Logan hit a 3. They were down 52-56 . Time out was called, ball came in, shuffle for ball but Jackson controlled it, wins a great game AT Logan.

jacksonfan13
Riding the Bench

Post by jacksonfan13 »

The Jackson vs Warren Game at Warren will be a barn burner. Warren is out for blood. Noticed they were at Logan watching the game. Not sure why since they have already played both teams. I am sure they had purple socks on wanting the 3-way tie..If officiating is not horrible at Warren like it normally is, Jackson should win without much trouble. But, it is Warren.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

jacksonfan13 wrote:The Jackson vs Warren Game at Warren will be a barn burner. Warren is out for blood. Noticed they were at Logan watching the game. Not sure why since they have already played both teams. I am sure they had purple socks on wanting the 3-way tie..If officiating is not horrible at Warren like it normally is, Jackson should win without much trouble. But, it is Warren.

Bannersnrafters will tell you good teams over come all their starters fouling out. ;-)

Jackson is 20 points better anywhere but Vincent.

BannersnRafters
Riding the Bench

Post by BannersnRafters »

Polpot- ure catching on, maybe not ALL the starters, hahaha

didnt make it up to the game but from ppl i know who went they said it was a good one tonite, sounds like Logan bounced back nicely and 35 for Ridout is very impressive; don't care who it is, u put those kind of #'s up and your in elite company when you put the ball in the hoop like that; i think the biggest thing to note is what Walburn (sp?) has been able to do with his lineups and team in general minus a force/player like Poe not being out there; she can change a lot of shots and own the paint on both sides of the ball; it may not be quite the same scenario/comparison, but Marietta struggled last yr. with Dawson out of the lineup; Jackson has been able to adjust their approach without Poe and continue to be successful without one of their PTP'ers and you have to credit the players and Walburn both for that; not sure on her (Poe) health status and when she might return, but in the long run I think it only helps them if or when she returns to the court; on a side note, feels like a repeat of last yr. regarding the chase for the SEOAL crown, a couple of BIG games left looming on the horizon to decide it; i can already feel the love growing between the teams fanbases! Lol, i'm sure there will be some fireworks in those matchups, but then again....that's the way it should be

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

I think Rideout had one foul late in the game. Logans only defense against her was to try and deny her the ball. When she had the ball she was going to the basket. At one point in second half Jackson had made 16 foul shots in a row. By the way the officating was good. Logan trailed 59 54 late but came back to tie it. Fun game to watch for the fan of the game of roundball.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

What happened to the defense on that young lady?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

moonshine wrote:What happened to the defense on that young lady?

Jackson has the talent where if better D went to her someone else would probably been there.
looks like the refs called a good game with fouls being 21/19

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Hard to say they were good by a final foul count. I respect your opinion that they did fine....but not because of a final foul total

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

noreply66 wrote:

Jackson has the talent where if better D went to her someone else would probably been there.
I'm not intimating that it wasn't a fairly called game, but if you are using an even foul count to justify a statement that the officials called a good game, it holds no weight with me.
Last edited by mhs95_06 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

BannersnRafters wrote:Polpot- ure catching on, maybe not ALL the starters, hahaha

didnt make it up to the game but from ppl i know who went they said it was a good one tonite, sounds like Logan bounced back nicely and 35 for Ridout is very impressive; don't care who it is, u put those kind of #'s up and your in elite company when you put the ball in the hoop like that; i think the biggest thing to note is what Walburn (sp?) has been able to do with his lineups and team in general minus a force/player like Poe not being out there; she can change a lot of shots and own the paint on both sides of the ball; it may not be quite the same scenario/comparison, but Marietta struggled last yr. with Dawson out of the lineup; Jackson has been able to adjust their approach without Poe and continue to be successful without one of their PTP'ers and you have to credit the players and Walburn both for that; not sure on her (Poe) health status and when she might return, but in the long run I think it only helps them if or when she returns to the court; on a side note, feels like a repeat of last yr. regarding the chase for the SEOAL crown, a couple of BIG games left looming on the horizon to decide it; i can already feel the love growing between the teams fanbases! Lol, i'm sure there will be some fireworks in those matchups, but then again....that's the way it should be

Marietta struggled last season with Dawson out because they had no one even close to the ability of Ridout to be able to pick up the slack. Dawson was far and away Marietta's best player last season, way more than she was when she was a 10th and 11th grader. Supporting cast was much more skilled, especially when she was in 10th.

There is a much narrower gap between Poe and Ridout than Dawson and any of Marietta's players last season. Of course the role of Ridout and Poe is very different, but I'd say Ridout is the better player, meaning that Jackson is not even without their best player.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

mhs95_06 wrote:
noreply66 wrote:

I'm not intimating that it wasn't a fairly called game, but if you are using an even foul count to justify a statement that the officials called a good game, it holds no weight with me.
You are reading more than what is there. I was talking about the fouls because of how many Logan had against Warren plus I don't give a rats if it doesn't hold weight with you..........Joker

BannersnRafters
Riding the Bench

Post by BannersnRafters »

mhs- i agree, aside from scoring though I think Poe does some things that can't be measured; maybe the word presence is a better way to describe what i'm trying to say; btw, anyone know when Poe may return?

SPG9
Waterboy

Post by SPG9 »

Why do you even post on girls basketball? Never once has it been anything positive. Also willing to bet you haven't even been to a game in the past 10 years.

Return to “Girls Basketball”