Post by Ironman92 »

NW 59
WO 31

Final

Black Panther
SEO

Re: SOC 2

Post by Black Panther »

Hillsboro 47 Waverly 35.Another game of missed opportunites for Waverly.Very easily a game they could have and should have won.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Zane Trace 44 Waverly 35

socvwatcher#1
Freshman Team

Post by socvwatcher#1 »

Waverly seems to be much more competitive this year, but they continue to come up short I understand this is another game that Waverly had a chance to win. What are they missing?

buckeyedan
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyedan »

What does everyone expect in the 2nd half of the SOC and can people post make-up games for these teams please? I like to get my daughter out to some of these games against players she will soon be playing.

I think West will continue to get better with the new staff. They are far better than they were early in the year. Peebles game was a bit sloppy though.

Oak Hill - So hard to beat them even though they only play six different girls.
Burg - They strike me as a very unimpressive team. Almost fool people. They barely beat us at our place game 1 of season and we didn't have Taylor. How are they beating the Minfords and Valleys. They aren't any good.
Webster - I think the best team in the league. Might beat Oak Hill but nobody else will.
Valley - They are really good, just have a screaming crazy head coach and the girls probably hate him.
Minford - I thought they would be better than they are. I think they make a 2nd half run and probably only lose 1 or 2 games. Will definitely beat Burg this time, already beat Valley, I could see them giving Oak Hill and Webster a game this go round.
Northwest - I think they will beat one or two of the above teams this time around. Love the man to man defense.
Waverly - I think they lose out.
Us (West) - I predict a win over Waverly, Northwest, and then maybe Burg, Oak Hill, or Minford in a shocker. Valley defensive pressure too much for us.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

West 57 Waverly 50

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Crazy game for waverly at west. Typical west game. Waverly led the entire night. Up eight with six minutes to go in the fourth quarter. Intentional foul on west, technical foul on west, fan gets thrown out, turns into a rugby match, waverly loses by ten or twelve. Waverly girls really fought hard, just got out of control at the end.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Waverly vs West. Where to begin? First of all, West has the best lit gym I've ever been in. Beautiful and great for viewing and taking pictures. Impressive! Heard they got a grant or special deal from the electric company to put in the new lighting as it will save on energy cost. A win win situation for all involved.

As for the game….Waverly grew up! The first time these two teams played Waverly got pushed around and shied away from the physical play. Not last night! Waverly played an intense…. clean... physical game. Actaully seemed to frustrate West at times. The difference in the game came in the second half with Waverly up by 7 or 8 and West banked in consecutive three point shots. That and the fact Waverly's big girl had to sit out a long stretch in foul trouble.

I won't say too much on the game getting out of control other than I'm mystified why the ref only called a common foul, when a West player nailed a Waverly girl with a deliberate elbow, after the play and right in front of the ref. It should have been another intentional foul or another technical foul on West.

If Waverly continues to play with this level of intensity and confidence they'll get some more wins and could upset some good teams.

socvwatcher#1
Freshman Team

Post by socvwatcher#1 »

I agree with ufanatic and toast. The Waverly vs West team got out of control. The deliberate elbow and fist throwing at one of Waverly's players by three different West players was a bit much. The game was very physical and Waverly played with great confidence. I was impressed with the Wiget player. She definiitely showed why she is one of the best defensive players in Southern Ohio and showed great character last night against adversity. The younger Waverly players really stepped it up and took the ball to the basket. I also believe if Waverly continues to play the way they did last night they may surprise some teams. In saying that, West did have one player who came in off the bench and put some great three point shots up. I believe she was a freshman or sophomore.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

What???? Flopping at West? Mouth breathing at West? Knuckle dragging at West? Dad's thrown out at West?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (catching breath) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (again) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

West had three different players in the second half alone receive technicals for throwing elbows ? Is that correct ? Sounds like the Refs totally lost control of the game

SuperSiders
Riding the Bench

Post by SuperSiders »

MD That is not correct, There was an intentional foul in the 1st half for a shove after the play and a technical foul in the 2nd half for an elbow. And a common foul for an elbow. The game was rough both ways, refs let it get out of hand. Everyone is saying West was rough but Waverly had 3 girls foul out, West didn't have any.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

thanks for the correction , i should know better than to assume what i heard was 100% correct .

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Granted it was a physical game. And there is nothing wrong with playing physical. But you have to maintain your composer and keep it clean. In the two games against West I don't remember any Waverly players drawing an intentional foul or receiving a technical foul.

When the game was at Waverly a West player received a technical foul for throwing a forearm and knocking a Waverly player to the floor. That's a pretty over the top forearm to receive a technical. If you're going to dish it out (physical play) you better be able to take it without resorting to throwing elbows, forearms and deliberate pushes after the play is over. Keep it clean!

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

SuperSiders wrote:MD That is not correct, There was an intentional foul in the 1st half for a shove after the play and a technical foul in the 2nd half for an elbow. And a common foul for an elbow. The game was rough both ways, refs let it get out of hand. Everyone is saying West was rough but Waverly had 3 girls foul out, West didn't have any.
How many technical's did Waverly have??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SuperSiders
Riding the Bench

Post by SuperSiders »

toast wrote:Granted it was a physical game. And there is nothing wrong with playing physical. But you have to maintain your composer and keep it clean. In the two games against West I don't remember any Waverly players drawing an intentional foul or receiving a technical foul.

When the game was at Waverly a West player received a technical foul for throwing a forearm and knocking a Waverly player to the floor. That's a pretty over the top forearm to receive a technical. If you're going to dish it out (physical play) you better be able to take it without resorting to throwing elbows, forearms and deliberate pushes after the play is over. Keep it clean!

I agree with everything you said toast, except the T at Waverly was not for an elbow. That was actually a clean play. West girl knocked down a Waverly girl then said something to her on the ground. That's what the T was for. Waverly is improving and I wish them the best, I can see them beating someone down the stretch.

soc fan
Waterboy

Post by soc fan »

Valley Indians update thur. Valley 57 Burg 43
sat. Valley 64 Ironton 46

great wins for the valley girls..

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

WAVERLY 52 SOUTHEASTERN 48.Congrats! Much needed win!
Last edited by Black Panther on Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

SuperSiders wrote:
toast wrote:Granted it was a physical game. And there is nothing wrong with playing physical. But you have to maintain your composer and keep it clean. In the two games against West I don't remember any Waverly players drawing an intentional foul or receiving a technical foul.

I agree with everything you said toast, except the T at Waverly was not for an elbow. That was actually a clean play. West girl knocked down a Waverly girl then said something to her on the ground. That's what the T was for. Waverly is improving and I wish them the best, I can see them beating someone down the stretch.
Ok SuperSiders. Thanks for the clarification. Time to move on.

Waverly gets a 52-48 win today over a nice Southeastern team.

socvwatcher#1
Freshman Team

Post by socvwatcher#1 »

The coaches have videos of the West game. I wonder what they show. I can only image what the punching, elbows and pushing looks like on film. I also heard that someone on the West side yelled for the West team to stop playing dirty. It sounds like even some of the West fans were seeing the "the more than aggressive" play.

Return to “Girls Basketball”