Waterboy

SOC CONTENDERS

Post by O-A-K-S#1 »

I will take the Jeeps. Who you like?

favabeans
Varsity

Re: SOC CONTENDERS

Post by favabeans »

The Jeeps will be in the thick of things but so will Burg, Minford and possibly Valley. Should be an exciting year for the
SOC II!

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

West

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

I'm by no means a oak hill fan, but unless they have fallen off the planet they'll be right at the top again.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Could be wrong, but here is my purest guess..

1.) Wheelersburg
2.) Valley
3.) South Webster
4.) Minford
5.) Oak Hill
6.) Northwest
7.) Waverly
8.) West

With that being said, I could see the eventual champion having 3-4 SOC losses. The top will be incredibly balanced and even Northwest could be right in the mix of things.

Tripleplay
Freshman Team

Post by Tripleplay »

I'll predict.....

1) Wheelersburg
2) Valley
3) Oak Hill
4) South Webster
5) Minford
6) Northwest
7) Waverly
8) West

Very balanced top half of league. Will be a fun year! Looking forward to the season already!
Last edited by Tripleplay on Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

Triple play, ?????!!! Webster at 7? LMBO :122245 :122245

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Maybe the league could look something like this:

1.) Minford
2.) Oak Hill
3.) Wheelersburg
4.) South Webster
5.) West
6.) Valley
7.) Waverly
8.) Northwest

jujubean
Freshman Team

Post by jujubean »

What teams are returning their top players? I know Webster is stacked but don't count out Northwest.

Mglight, I think you are way off base. Northwest had a strong run in the tournament last season and return all 5 starters and 7 of the 8 girls that played a lot.

1-2 SW- WB
3-5. NW,OH, Minford
6,7. Valley, West
8. Waverly

This league is tough and almost any team could beat another.

GreenGrass
Freshman Team

Post by GreenGrass »

I think Northwest will surprise a lot of folks this year, they have been a varsity team with mostly freshman and sophomores for two years, that bulk of that group is now juniors and many of the games they lost last year were close. I don't think they will win it but they will give some of these teams fits.

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

Webster, Burg and Valley are the top 3. With Oaks, NW right there. Webster only lost one Senior on a Team tht lst in the District Title game, they will be faster, and more uptempo, Hall and Blanton at the guards will make them a very tough Combo, then they have a strong leadership in their Seniors who will do what needs to be done to win. But in the end yet to the tourny and make that run, that's what it is all about

toast
All State

Post by toast »

No way Northwest ends up in last place. They knocked Minford out of the tournament last year and they return everyone.

1. Webster
2. Northwest
3. Burg
4. West
5. Minford
6. Oak Hill
7. Waverly
8. Valley

No clear favorite this year and a more balanced league than we have had in some time. It would be no surprise to see any of my bottom four to end up somewhere in the top four.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Minford did lose a few seniors, but not starters and both varsity games were close with Minford and Northwest, but the Falcons won both and the Minford JV dominated both games. All in all should be great atmosphere in league play. Yes, Northwest did get one on Minford in the tournament. Anything can happen in high school sports.

HomeBoy
Waterboy

Post by HomeBoy »

If Minfrd played their freshmen up last year they may have won the league and possibly the sectional, big coaching mistake there, Minford will be competing for 3rd or 4th by seasons end. Big step from JV to Varsity, those Freshmen now Sophmores could have used the experience..

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Indapaint wrote:If Minfrd played their freshmen up last year they may have won the league and possibly the sectional, big coaching mistake there, Minford will be competing for 3rd or 4th by seasons end. Big step from JV to Varsity, those Freshmen now Sophmores could have used the experience..
Mustve been your daughter playing JV! I saw Minford play a few times last year and saw no girls on JV that would have helped at Varsity. JMO

HomeBoy
Waterboy

Post by HomeBoy »

Nope, don't have a horse in the race, just watched them play for years the whole bunch not just the freshmen. They had no scoring off the bench or ball handling, other two juniors and be got hurt. The Freshmen could have gave them some valuable scoring at times and some help handling the ball. And they would have been that much more prepared for this season when you REALLY need them. Sometimes you cach for those that can help the program in the future. Shepherd, Hammonds, and Oakley were better options off the bench, and all 3 play year round so their game is better then what was allowed to be shown.

HomeBoy
Waterboy

Post by HomeBoy »

Also if you look around the league, the successful Teams had Freshmen contributions, or even a sophmore that contributed. SW, Burg, West, NW had big contributions from underclassmen and makes those teams that more dangerous. SW, West had District Championship runs, NW had a nice tourney run.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I don't know whether playing freshman more would have helped or hurt Minford but saying it would produced a conference champ last year kinda ruins your credibility . No way any addt PT for the freshman would have knocked off West or Burg last year.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Wheelersburg only had 1 senior on the team last year, so they should be at or near the top again.

HomeBoy
Waterboy

Post by HomeBoy »

I said "may" have helped them win. They needed scoring off the bench, which they had none that you would worry about. Also you would have had two added ball handlers off the bench. So I didn't say it would have won it, but you have a better shot with the freshmen up last year then wat they had. Like I said West, Burg nd Webster did wat they did last year thru the supplemental play of underclassmen. Holden-burg, Hall-SW, Whitaker and Oiler-west (I believe) were freshmen. Not mentioning the sophmore class on those teams. Like I said like everyone else's on hear "JMO", and I have watched and been around the girls game a long time.

Return to “Girls Basketball”