Congrats to Sarah Evans Moore new River Valley Girls coach

Raiderfan69
Riding the Bench

Re: Congrats to Sarah Evans Moore new River Valley Girls coa

Post by Raiderfan69 »

I'm glad Gallia past on the opportunity to get Coach Moore. I think she is going to do great things at RV. Gallia can keep their little foot stompers :lol:

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

River Valley looked much better last night againsnt South Point. Funny story though: in the boys River Valley game last night in the side gym, A River Valley fan was upset with something and said "_______sucks" to the River Valley coach and then proceeded to drop his popcorn on the floor as he was leaving the game. He kinda left a trail for some reason! Well the middle school principal went to find him to find out what the deal was. He was then in the high school gym getting ready to tape the River Valley girls game. Needless to say he was ousted from the high school. Don't know if he meant to or not but it was a dumb thing to do. :lol: Just one of those things where you just wonder did that really happen? :lol:

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

So, how is their record this year versus last year?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Really disappointing after all the hype with this new hire that not one person would answer my question in a WEEK. I guess the silence speaks for itself. The Raiders are the 8th seed in their tournament bracket, playing 9th seed Meigs (4-15). Guess that kind of answers my question. Winner of this play-in game gets #1 seed NY with a 12-5 record (at tournament draw).

I'm not going to speculate, other than to say that it does not appear that this team is having the success many expected with the hiring of the new coach. :?

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

They will grow !!! But believe me you got to have guard play , and you can't turn a post into a guard, Next season will be interesting to watch how they build or will they keep on the same path. Good Luck.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Steely
Not sure of their record. I haven't been to any of their games but I think they are just under .500 ???? They are playing some young girls that I believe have some talent.

coachperWHS
Riding the Bench

Post by coachperWHS »

Congratulations to Sarah and congratulations to River Valley on the hire.

I do not for the life of me understand how anyone can be critical of a coach during the first season, but that is the nature of this business.

Sarah is going to be successful and the program will be successful due to her leadership. Not only will the student-athletes prosper in learning the game but they will learn the life lessons that will last long after they leave the school.

Best wishes, Sarah!

halfacent
Freshman Team

Post by halfacent »

Congrtas and good luck.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Raiderball - Thanks for the reply, that helps. And coachperWHS, my comments were not critical of the coach at all, my comments (go back to my June 15th post on this thread) are directed at the culture. It is going to take this coach at least three years to start to change the culture. The culture has been the age old problem there, and it is played out on here every time they change a coach in a varsity sport. Just sayin.

I wish her well, she has a long road to travel.

Return to “Girls Basketball”