Eastern Brown Coach John Burrows Retires

sox
JV Team

Eastern Brown Coach John Burrows Retires

Post by sox »

John Burrows has spent 41 years effecting kids lives on and off the court. Mr. Burrows announced his retirement last night at our winter sports banquet. Thank you Mr. Burrows for your commitment to Eastern Brown Schools, its students and the community.

bwalker
Riding the Bench

Re: Eastern Brown Coach John Burrows Retires

Post by bwalker »

One heck of a career. Thanks for the guidance and helping a young coach along the way John. Enjoy retirement!

Brandon Walker
Symmes Valley Lady Vikings
Last edited by bwalker on Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

John has been one of the true class acts in the SHAC. It is sad to see him go, but he will be getting a very well deserved rest! I also want to thank John for all the kind words and insightful knowledge he has passed on to me over the years as well!! It is very much appreciated!!

Brock Caldwell
JV Coach North Adams

coachmkc
Riding the Bench

Post by coachmkc »

What an outstanding coach, and even better person. 9 years ago when I took my first Varsity job at Ripley, he was one of the first coaches to welcome me to the SHAC. Offering advice and just an ear to listen. I thank him for that and wish him nothing but the best.

Mike Cooper
Whiteoak Lady Cats

Coach Coreno
Waterboy

Post by Coach Coreno »

He was one of the last of the "OLD SCHOOL" coaches..................He was about work ethic, discipline, and treating others with respect...........He will be greatly missed!

go48
Riding the Bench

Post by go48 »

Great man and a great coach! So glad I had a chance to meet and coach against him! Thank you John for being a class act in the SHAC!

Matt Hodson
Fairfield Lady Lions

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

John Burrows is Eastern Basketball. Coach Kiser and Coach Burrows built that program into the tradition it is today. It has been a joy over these past few years to be able to talk and learn from him. It was always a pleasure when we would sit together at a game we were both scouting to hear his insights and some of his great stories.

He was always focused and intense no matter the situation (he was just as intense during on JH Volleyball sideline as he was on the HS Basketball sideline!!)

John is a great coach and man. I wish him the best during his retirement; Hopefully I will still be lucky enough to sit beside him at a few more games!

Tony Williams
Athletic Director/ JH Girls Basketball Coach, North Adams HS

Return to “Girls Basketball”