Waterford vs Fort Loramie STATE FINAL!!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Re: Waterford vs Fort Loramie STATE FINAL!!

Post by Steely Dan »

Lady Wildcats really kicked it up a notch in the 4th qtr, but as you said, they just could not get over the hump. Congrats on a great season.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Waterford played with a ton of heart. Congrats on a great season.

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

Congrats to Waterford on a magical run!!! No question TVC girls basketball is at the top right now!!

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

Congrats on a great season!

WCLfan
Waterboy

Post by WCLfan »

Great season girls nothing to be ashamed of and with only one senior the future seems very bright for this bunch and next year they could very easily find themselves right back in the championship game

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Congrats on the fine season.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Congratulations on a great season!

RIVERVALLEY09
Riding the Bench

Post by RIVERVALLEY09 »

Congrats ladies on a great season. Hey coach, maybe one more recruit and you would of had it. On behalf of all the other scools in the district, please don't take any more of our players.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

The beast may be in the East but the best is in the West. West side of Ohio wins them all. And the MAC adds another state championship. At least there was only one private school that won this year.

Billybob55
JV Team

Post by Billybob55 »

onthefence wrote:Congrats ladies on a great season. Hey coach, maybe one more recruit and you would of had it. On behalf of all the other scools in the district, please don't take any more of our players.
What does this mean?

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

It is also worth noting that Waterford coach, Jerry Close, received the Sportsmanship, Ethics, & Integrity Award from the state during the tournament festivities. He had been announced as a winner a few weeks ago. I thought a few people on SEOPS who have opined on the coach would find that amusing.

Spiderjon
Freshman Team

Post by Spiderjon »

Who has been recruited to play for Waterford? Are you talking about St. John's? The tiny catholic school with less than 75 students K-8? Students from at least three different districts ( Fort Frye, Warren Local and Waterford) go to this school through 8th grade, then they attend the high school where they live.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

enigmaax wrote:It is also worth noting that Waterford coach, Jerry Close, received the Sportsmanship, Ethics, & Integrity Award from the state during the tournament festivities. He had been announced as a winner a few weeks ago. I thought a few people on SEOPS who have opined on the coach would find that amusing.
Are you serious??? Sportsmanship for running up the score on teams to win by over 50 points many different times.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

G.W.A. wrote:Are you serious??? Sportsmanship for running up the score on teams to win by over 50 points many different times.
Yeah, they'll probably put an asterisk next to his name since three random message board guys have declared that he runs up scores. Or maybe the committee thought he could've won those games by 100. I can't really tell whose opinion means more.

teach123
Freshman Team

Post by teach123 »

1/27/2010

Waterford 110 Southern 14

Speaks for itself!

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

:)

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

teach123 wrote:1/27/2010

Speaks for itself!
I remember that game when the reserves scored 48 points. I know some people thought they should've had dribbling practice (and watched paint dry on defense) instead, but clearly the state committee for Sportsmanship, Ethics, & Integrity understands the circumstances.

Tornado85
Freshman Team

Post by Tornado85 »

I was the coach of Southern for that game. Our starting point guard was out most of season with ankle injury. He knew what kind of game it would be. We had no Jv team so he scheduled a Jv game with another school prior to our varsity game. Those kids could have played a lot in varsity game. The division 1 player who recently won MAC player of year scored point 99 and 100. I know how my kids felt during the game being humiliated. Waterford had a great team and we could not compete with them. I was proud how my girls held there composure in face of adversity. To the GIRLS of Waterford congratulations on a great season.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

enigmaax wrote:
teach123 wrote:1/27/2010

Speaks for itself!
I remember that game when the reserves scored 48 points. I know some people thought they should've had dribbling practice (and watched paint dry on defense) instead, but clearly the state committee for Sportsmanship, Ethics, & Integrity understands the circumstances.
I see that Southern's coach post ended the discussion about Jerry. Really not much more to say on the subject other than just a couple of things. 1 - Maybe the state committee for Sportsmanship, Ethics, & Integrity has a short memory, or 2 - maybe Jerry learned a very valuable lesson and changed his approach towards the game over the last five years and the state committee is recognizing that he's become a coach of integrity, ethics, and sportsmanship. After watching him coach in the championship game the other day, I think it is a safe bet that it is the latter. His conduct and demeanor is much different than it was on the sidelines in 2010. That is a good thing.

Spiderjon
Freshman Team

Post by Spiderjon »

I do believe you are right SteelyDan, I think he really learned a valuable lesson and I think it has been evident in his actions on the sidelines. Here is my question- would it be more or less embarrassing as a varsity team to lose 100-14 or to lose by 20 to a JV team? Tornado85 wants to play the JV team, what do you do with Waterfords varsity? Did you know, Sina King missed enough quarters in her career to equal a full season? Is that fair to her?

Return to “Girls Basketball”