oak hill

Black Panther
SEO

oak hill

Post by Black Panther »

Is Doug Hale still the coach? If so,what has happened? They fell hard and fast!

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
markymark1969
Freshman Team

Re: oak hill

Post by markymark1969 »

Very young - seven freshmen - Blanton sisters do not become eligible until the 8th game. Lack consistent scorers and struggle holding on to the ball. Doug Hale is still coaching.

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

Why are they not eligible? Grades?

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Onthefence wrote:Why are they not eligible? Grades?
Because they transferred in from South Webster during the middle of last season.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

Why would you leave a winning program?

pirates87
Waterboy

Post by pirates87 »

the talent pool ran dry in oak hill. from what i saw in the summer, they will be down for awhile. its our turn to run up the score.

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

pirates87 wrote:the talent pool ran dry in oak hill. from what i saw in the summer, they will be down for awhile. its our turn to run up the score.
I dont think most of the talent in the pool was ever from Oak Hill.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Onthefence wrote:
pirates87 wrote:the talent pool ran dry in oak hill. from what i saw in the summer, they will be down for awhile. its our turn to run up the score.
And neither do the Blanton Girls.
Alot of recruiting goes on in Oak Hill.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

They have to sit out half the season not just 8 games. If they play a 22 game schedule as most schools do it will be the 12th game that they are eligible.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

osumufan wrote:They have to sit out half the season not just 8 games. If they play a 22 game schedule as most schools do it will be the 12th game that they are eligible.
They moved in last year during the season. Sat out the final 4 games. Leaving them with 7 games into this season.
Hope that helps.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

baseball16 wrote:
osumufan wrote:They have to sit out half the season not just 8 games. If they play a 22 game schedule as most schools do it will be the 12th game that they are eligible.
They moved in last year during the season. Sat out the final 4 games. Leaving them with 7 games into this season.
Hope that helps.
Correct.

The whole situation is an absolute mess. Hate it for the kids more than anybody, they were thrown into a very tough situation.

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

So what happened at south webster that made them leave in the middle of the season. ?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Onthefence wrote:So what happened at south webster that made them leave in the middle of the season. ?
Probably not good to post the reasons why they are there. They are pretty good players but I doubt they can make oak hill a threat. The scouting report will be keep them from getting the ball and make them defend.

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

wobycat wrote:
Onthefence wrote:So what happened at south webster that made them leave in the middle of the season. ?
Probably not good to post the reasons why they are there. They are pretty good players but I doubt they can make oak hill a threat. The scouting report will be keep them from getting the ball and make them defend.
Understood. Probably parents not the kids choice. It just seems like they have a classy program out there at south webster. Can't see why a kid would want to leave. My guess is that the parents thought there kid or kids were not getting enough playing time. Sad.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Onthefence wrote:
wobycat wrote:
Understood. Probably parents not the kids choice. It just seems like they have a classy program out there at south webster. Can't see why a kid would want to leave. My guess is that the parents thought there kid or kids were not getting enough playing time. Sad.
I have heard but don't know if true, there are two other girls sitting out from other schools. If that's the case, I would be ticked as a parent that lived there. Maybe there's too much pressure on winning.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Why would you be "ticked" if you are a parent living there?
I am a parent of an Oak Hill Player. When these two become eligible they will play. WHY? Because they have been practicing all year and are better players. If my daughter sits, it tells her she needs to get better. Guess What? That is Life. People Transfer for JOBS all the time and replace others that may have been in that company for 20-30 years. WHY? Because possibly they are more qualified. As a parent, I am not going to be mad, I'm going to teach a life lesson!

I wish all involved good luck. Webster is doing fine without them, Oak Hill will Benefit having them. Move on and cheer (win or lose) for your teams!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Onthefence wrote:
wobycat wrote:
Bingo.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Not going to find too many people sympathetic to Oak Hills plight. When you have went out of your way to embarrass other programs for years, you just kind of have to suck it up.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

20+ years of success, not allowed to have a bad year?

Another year and more lies, rumors and complainers.
Ukfanatic wrote:Not going to find too many people sympathetic to Oak Hills plight. When you have went out of your way to embarrass other programs for years, you just kind of have to suck it up.
name a specific example
wobycat wrote:
Onthefence wrote:
wobycat wrote:
I have heard but don't know if true, there are two other girls sitting out from other schools. If that's the case, I would be ticked as a parent that lived there. Maybe there's too much pressure on winning.
what two girls would that be?
Westfan wrote:
Onthefence wrote:
And neither do the Blanton Girls.
Alot of recruiting goes on in Oak Hill.
Could you give a specific example where you have seen or heard "recruiting" happening?
Onthefence wrote:
you need a history lesson my friend.

markymark1969
Freshman Team

Post by markymark1969 »

baseball16 wrote:Why would you be "ticked" if you are a parent living there?
I am a parent of an Oak Hill Player. When these two become eligible they will play. WHY? Because they have been practicing all year and are better players. If my daughter sits, it tells her she needs to get better. Guess What? That is Life. People Transfer for JOBS all the time and replace others that may have been in that company for 20-30 years. WHY? Because possibly they are more qualified. As a parent, I am not going to be mad, I'm going to teach a life lesson!

I wish all involved good luck. Webster is doing fine without them, Oak Hill will Benefit having them. Move on and cheer (win or lose) for your teams!
Good for you. We need more parents like this that get it.

Return to “Girls Basketball”