oak hill

MightyOaksFan
SE

Re: oak hill

Post by MightyOaksFan »

markymark1969 wrote:
baseball16 wrote:Why would you be "ticked" if you are a parent living there?
I am a parent of an Oak Hill Player. When these two become eligible they will play. WHY? Because they have been practicing all year and are better players. If my daughter sits, it tells her she needs to get better. Guess What? That is Life. People Transfer for JOBS all the time and replace others that may have been in that company for 20-30 years. WHY? Because possibly they are more qualified. As a parent, I am not going to be mad, I'm going to teach a life lesson!

I wish all involved good luck. Webster is doing fine without them, Oak Hill will Benefit having them. Move on and cheer (win or lose) for your teams!
Good for you. We need more parents like this that get it.
Agreed, to many whiners and complainers in the world.

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

I am a parent of an Oak Hill Player. When these two become eligible they will play. WHY? Because they have been practicing all year and are better players. If my daughter sits, it tells her she needs to get better. Guess What? That is Life. People Transfer for JOBS all the time and replace others that may have been in that company for 20-30 years. WHY? Because possibly they are more qualified. As a parent, I am not going to be mad, I'm going to teach a life lesson!

I wish all involved good luck. Webster is doing fine without them, Oak Hill will Benefit having them. Move on and cheer (win or lose) for your teams!
Agreed! If more parents were like you then we wouldn't see kids leaving on school to play for another. They would just work harder to help their school and team. Amen brother or sister

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

This is your life lesson.

Thank you for having fun and playing hard girls throughout our program, but now we want to start winning and these girls are frankly better than you. Don't worry though. This will make you understand that life is solely about winning and not loyalty.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

What's truly going to happen in this situation is this team will get better but not going to have enough wins to get the conference and probably wash out early in the tournament when they could have been on a team that has an amazing shot at reaching the final four. And for what to increase their playing time from 10 min a game to 25 min.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Wow. A Wheelersburg fan downing kids moving to other schools. Pot calling the kettle black?

And everyone knows Oak Hill recruits. In the spring at the Rio Grande GBA tournament Hale and these girls dad seemed to hit it off well. Coincidence? Maybe

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Westfan wrote:Wow. A Wheelersburg fan downing kids moving to other schools. Pot calling the kettle black?

And everyone knows Oak Hill recruits. In the spring at the Rio Grande GBA tournament Hale and these girls dad seemed to hit it off well. Coincidence? Maybe
Name one kid that has had to sit out a half year at burg from transferring mid season. Do they have kids come from open enrollment? Sure, but that's ok their own free will. This is a different situation.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Oak Hill or anybody is due and down year after a lot of success...But in reality they've been down the last three years.They've finally hit rock bottom this year.
Last edited by Black Panther on Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
KY.BUCKEYE
Freshman Team

Post by KY.BUCKEYE »

What's weird is the twins sister is a freshman still at Webster. SMH

G0 BuCKs
blanton4
Waterboy

Post by blanton4 »

How about before you guys make up reasons about why my sister's transferred you know the answer. Don't pin it on my parents. They switched and they love oak hill. They get treated better by everyone there and Doug is an amazing coach, he KNOWS the game of basketball. He posseses the greatest qualities of a coach. Doug didn't recruit them. They wanted to play for him. They did what I regret not doing. We actually have lived in oak hill district for over 14 years. My sister who is a freshman tolerates the bullcrap that happens there. It is sad you guys are adults and want to gossip rather than know facts. That is the problem with kids today, they get it from the parents.

blanton4
Waterboy

Post by blanton4 »

And by the way dad and Doug are friends. Coincidence? Lol you guys make me laugh.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Well Spoken!

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

blanton4 wrote:How about before you guys make up reasons about why my sister's transferred you know the answer. Don't pin it on my parents. They switched and they love oak hill. They get treated better by everyone there and Doug is an amazing coach, he KNOWS the game of basketball. He posseses the greatest qualities of a coach. Doug didn't recruit them. They wanted to play for him. They did what I regret not doing. We actually have lived in oak hill district for over 14 years. My sister who is a freshman tolerates the bullcrap that happens there. It is sad you guys are adults and want to gossip rather than know facts. That is the problem with kids today, they get it from the parents.
Then why didn't your freshman sister go to oakhill?

KY.BUCKEYE
Freshman Team

Post by KY.BUCKEYE »

I think it would be great to have 3 of my girls on same H.S.team.

G0 BuCKs
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

blanton4 wrote:How about before you guys make up reasons about why my sister's transferred you know the answer. Don't pin it on my parents. They switched and they love oak hill. They get treated better by everyone there and Doug is an amazing coach, he KNOWS the game of basketball. He posseses the greatest qualities of a coach. Doug didn't recruit them. They wanted to play for him. They did what I regret not doing. We actually have lived in oak hill district for over 14 years. My sister who is a freshman tolerates the bullcrap that happens there. It is sad you guys are adults and want to gossip rather than know facts. That is the problem with kids today, they get it from the parents.
I think we now know why they transferred. Not satisfied with the coaching at south Webster.

blanton4
Waterboy

Post by blanton4 »

My freshman sister wasn't even going to play. The twins had their reasons she had hers. The twins don't put up with what Adrianna does. There wasn't just one reason. I would love to see all 3 of them play together. My parents aren't going to force them to do something they don't want. The twins are having the best experience now and they are happy. That is what matters.

KY.BUCKEYE
Freshman Team

Post by KY.BUCKEYE »

I hear ya sister,very few girls last 4 years with Coach Johnson. Long as ther happy it's fine.

G0 BuCKs
Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

KY.BUCKEYE wrote:I hear ya sister,very few girls last 4 years with Coach Johnson. Long as ther happy it's fine.
Well she must be doing something right. It seems they are always near the top of the soc. And they seem to make a good tournament run most years.

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

It seems the coach is always to blame. Now I am not saying that there are not bad coaches out there. But in todays society of my kids the best. I think most of the time it is not the coach, not the kid but the parents. I just don't think I could make my kid leave his or hers school and friends just because I don't like the coach. And I would never take one to one school and leave the other at another school. CRAZY WORLD. CRAZY PARENTS!

blanton4
Waterboy

Post by blanton4 »

She has lost many of her better players. It's not the coaching it's the talent that comes up. Don't give a coach credit a player deserves......and for the last time my parents didn't make my sister's switch! If the parents had the decision all of my sister's would have left or stayed not a little of both.

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

blanton4 wrote:She has lost many of her better players. It's not the coaching it's the talent that comes up. Don't give a coach credit a player deserves......and for the last time my parents didn't make my sister's switch! If the parents had the decision all of my sister's would have left or stayed not a little of both.
Like who? I think the "better players" must have stayed. And the ones who thought they were "better players" left. "Better players" are "better" on good teams not weak teams. An average player will always look "better" on a weaker team.

Return to “Girls Basketball”