Orange and Brown wrote:Final
Nelsonville-York 58
Meigs 33
Thanks!

goinbroke
Riding the Bench

Re: TVC GIRLS BASKETBALL - 2015/2016

Post by goinbroke »

Alexander Junior Guard Leah Richardson scores 1,000th career point on a free throw versus River Valley.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

goinbroke wrote:Alexander Junior Guard Leah Richardson scores 1,000th career point on a free throw versus River Valley.
Congrats to her

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

goinbroke wrote:Alexander Junior Guard Leah Richardson scores 1,000th career point on a free throw versus River Valley.
Congratulations to Leah on her 1,000 point and congratulations to the Lady Spartans on a nice win.

Go Alex.

tvcfan8
Waterboy

Post by tvcfan8 »

ArmChairQB wrote:Two to years removed from a state championship and easterns coach looks clueless. They return their entire team from last year but are somehow worse . Playing 12 girls including multiple freshmen and a girl who has never played the game? SMH!
I hate to agree with you on this one. Loved watching those girls last year. They were a pleasant surprise. But how can your junior leader lead when she's leading four talented but inexperienced freshmen and leave your other star player on the bench for over half the game? Pullins deserves better!!! I know Williams had knee surgery but she doesn't touch the ball. Takes very few shots because she doesn't touch the ball. I'd say she's lucky to be averaging 8 points a game (down from 18 pts per game)shooting 40% a game. You can do the math there. Miss that chemistry between Williams and Pullins. Fun girls to watch and Pullins is like freaking lightning. Hopefully, there's some strategy there but it's hard to see what the reasoning is.

There's no way to build chemistry with all the subbing. It seems to me that the freshmen and sophomore girl should switch spots because the 6' post player (another solid player) only sees the ball when Williams is running the play. I heard one of the starters from last years team said adios when pulled from her starting position. She was a pretty solid player and a HUGE loss. I'd definitely find a way to get her back and put this talented player back in her starting spot. A team that could've made a run this year and contend next year, IMHO, will be lucky to get out of sectionals. For the record, this isn't my first post really. My old account is gone so opened a new one.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

I really thought that Vinton would be better than they are. Very little teaching of defensive fundamentals, thought they had a shot at knocking us off after seeing how close them and Alex was.

Congrats to the Richardson girl for her 1,000 point too.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Being a jr and the season is young Leah should score a bunch before she graduates.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

TVC SCORES - MONDAY 12/14

Athens - 33
River Valley - 49

Nelsonville-York - 66
Wellston - 27

Vinton County - 56
Meigs - 51

Eastern - 57
Belpre - 44

Waterford - 69
Miller - 29

Trimble - 61
wahama - 20

Fed Hock - 44
South Gallia - 53

buck bud
Waterboy

Post by buck bud »

Bandit you hit the nail on the head about defense with VC.Live and die by the three ball no D AAU through and through.They seem to be getting worse after loss to Alex.Pity with that much talent.

Jumpstop
Waterboy

Post by Jumpstop »

Athens appears to be getting better, got them a win last week and played a one loss River Valley team close. I know coach wanted that one bad. I'm bettingby the 2nd half of this season they will be a real threat, once Coach has them modeled into his character and gets them use to play some real defense, look out!

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

Jumpstop wrote:Athens appears to be getting better, got them a win last week and played a one loss River Valley team close. I know coach wanted that one bad. I'm bettingby the 2nd half of this season they will be a real threat, once Coach has them modeled into his character and gets them use to play some real defense, look out!
It looks like the Athens vs. RV game wasn't very close.
My guess is that RV is the 4th best team in the Ohio. Behind Alex-VC and NY.

Jumpstop
Waterboy

Post by Jumpstop »

It's the process, moving forward, and according to the box score it was pretty much a10 point games. As far as they have had to go, that is marked improvement. Maybe an Armchair QB could do better, but these girls are getting better for the first time in years they are being developed

Jayski
Waterboy

Post by Jayski »

Coach Burdette is a fine coach people. Does he make mistakes or decisions that you may not agree with?...Sure, after-all he is human. Did he win a state championship with an ultra talented group of girls? Yes! Is he currently struggling with a talented, yet young group of girls now? Yep, if you want to call 4-2 struggling. Its early! These girls have never played together before and it will take time for them to learn each others tendencies.

On a side note, there are a lot more things going on behind the scenes than from those uncomfortable bleachers.

dolphin
Waterboy

Post by dolphin »

I agree Jayski. The best days are yet to come for the lady eagles. I look for some of the experienced players to pick it up a little bit and some will be returning from injury or illness. If not Ive heard that coach Calway has a talented group of reserve players who may get their chance!

tvcfan8
Waterboy

Post by tvcfan8 »

Explain to me how they've not played together. Collins, Pullins, Williams, Barringer and Bailey all played together. They lost nothing to graduation so they should be an experienced team. My seat is just fine but you might want to adjust your rose colored lenses. Yeah, there is a lot going on behind the scenes, a whole lot of drama. Coach said they were learning ball handling skills. Seriously? Ball handling skills on a varsity team? Seems to me the ball handling skills were just fine. I'm not sure how the experienced players are supposed to "pick it up" when they're not touching the ball, sitting on the bench or trying to lead talented but inexperienced players on the court. There's plenty of talent on that team. They go deep. But you can't start subbing when you're behind or still in a close game. And no offense to the teams they've beat, but they really haven't beat a solid team yet. Those are facts.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

THURSDAY 12/17 - GIRLS BASKETBALL SCORES

Athens - 33
Meigs - 42

Alexander - 54
Nelsonville-York - 59

Vinton County - 74
Wellston - 29

River Valley - 34
Eastern - 45

Waterford
Southern

Belpre - 60
Trimble - 51

Fed Hock - 45
Miller - 48

South Gallia
Wahama

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

tvcfan8 wrote:Explain to me how they've not played together. Collins, Pullins, Williams, Barringer and Bailey all played together. They lost nothing to graduation so they should be an experienced team. My seat is just fine but you might want to adjust your rose colored lenses. Yeah, there is a lot going on behind the scenes, a whole lot of drama. Coach said they were learning ball handling skills. Seriously? Ball handling skills on a varsity team? Seems to me the ball handling skills were just fine. I'm not sure how the experienced players are supposed to "pick it up" when they're not touching the ball, sitting on the bench or trying to lead talented but inexperienced players on the court. There's plenty of talent on that team. They go deep. But you can't start subbing when you're behind or still in a close game. And no offense to the teams they've beat, but they really haven't beat a solid team yet. Those are facts.
The loss to Southern is 100% on the coach. If he would play his best 6-7 kids they wouldnt have lost. Southern is average at best. There is no way he should be playing so many at the varsity level. You want to get those girls experience- well that's what the JV games are for! This team should have had a season with maybe 3-4 losses. My guess is they now lose 7 or 8.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

^^^^^sounds likea sour parent over little Suzie not getting playing time.

Return to “Girls Basketball”