Vinton County

Bug iis
Waterboy

Re: Vinton County

Post by Bug iis »

Newark probably didn't have any games left.

Marauders19
Freshman Team

Post by Marauders19 »

Bulldog you must definitely have issues with Coach Bentley and Vinton County. You are even on vinton thread talking about Athens??? I have watched vinton play twice this year and I feel like they are extremely well coached and his kids play as hard as any team regardless of the score. It looks like last night they ran the score up but a talented team will be guilty of that every year . If you look at vinton schedule they play one of the toughest schedules each year and this year they already played Warren Wheelersburg and are scheduled to play Dublin Coffman and Fort Frye. I honestly think they play one of the toughest schedules each year. Let’s face Bentley is a not going to win a popularity contest in southeastern Ohio but he will recruit a new wave of talent and bulldog you will be complaining again as soon as the recruits come in ....

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Marauders19 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:07 pm Bulldog you must definitely have issues with Coach Bentley and Vinton County. You are even on vinton thread talking about Athens??? I have watched vinton play twice this year and I feel like they are extremely well coached and his kids play as hard as any team regardless of the score. It looks like last night they ran the score up but a talented team will be guilty of that every year . If you look at vinton schedule they play one of the toughest schedules each year and this year they already played Warren Wheelersburg and are scheduled to play Dublin Coffman and Fort Frye. I honestly think they play one of the toughest schedules each year. Let’s face Bentley is a not going to win a popularity contest in southeastern Ohio but he will recruit a new wave of talent and bulldog you will be complaining again as soon as the recruits come in ....
I’m not complaining now, just stating my opinion. If you don’t like it then please scroll past my posts.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Realist wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:44 am
Bulldog84 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:50 am
notredamemom wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:18 pm why did vinton play south gallia tonight?
You gotta play the teams on your schedule!

But why were they even on the schedule?
95-17
That game should never have been scheduled. VC didn't get anything out of the win and the South Gallia players feel demoralized.
Shame on the administrations from both schools for scheduling this game.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:22 pm

95-17
That game should never have been scheduled. VC didn't get anything out of the win and the South Gallia players feel demoralized.
Shame on the administrations from both schools for scheduling this game.
The issue isn’t playing the game! Those two schools can play and even though VC is much better, the final didn’t have to be like that. I wasn’t there but I’m sure there were things that VC could have done to change the outcome.

LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Post by LeftHanded »

Bulldog84 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:14 pm

Well, I’m not from VC but I would assume it’s just another way for VC coach to stroke his ego.
Yeah. That's why they are playing 7-1 Dublin Coffman this Saturday. For another ego boost

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

LeftHanded wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:40 pm
Bulldog84 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:14 pm

Well, I’m not from VC but I would assume it’s just another way for VC coach to stroke his ego.
Yeah. That's why they are playing 7-1 Dublin Coffman this Saturday. For another ego boost
Hey, that’s your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it. Keep posting!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Can I just say, everyone from Vinton County loves the hate. The fact that you all take time out of your day to talk about the Lady Vikings, it’s absolutely awesome. Please, keep taking! We love it!

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Two things: In the words of Judge Smails from the movie Caddyshack, "don't you peope have lives?" lol And state rankings and $2 will get you a pop at the concession stand.

Realist
Freshman Team

Post by Realist »

Dundas wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:34 pm Can I just say, everyone from Vinton County loves the hate. The fact that you all take time out of your day to talk about the Lady Vikings, it’s absolutely awesome. Please, keep taking! We love it!
I'm not hating. Just questioning why one of the better teams in SE Ohio (and probably the state) is scheduling one of the weaker teams in the state. If VC played in a brutal league where they were being challenged every night, I can understand scheduling a few "let me up" games out of conference, but VC hasn't even been touched in the league (and everyone knew it would be that way coming in). If you have 12 easy games in the league, You would think the other 10 would be against better competition for a team of that caliber, or at least not against one of the weaker teams in the whole state IN DIVISION 4!

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Realist wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:36 am
Dundas wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:34 pm Can I just say, everyone from Vinton County loves the hate. The fact that you all take time out of your day to talk about the Lady Vikings, it’s absolutely awesome. Please, keep taking! We love it!
I'm not hating. Just questioning why one of the better teams in SE Ohio (and probably the state) is scheduling one of the weaker teams in the state. If VC played in a brutal league where they were being challenged every night, I can understand scheduling a few "let me up" games out of conference, but VC hasn't even been touched in the league (and everyone knew it would be that way coming in). If you have 12 easy games in the league, You would think the other 10 would be against better competition for a team of that caliber, or at least not against one of the weaker teams in the whole state IN DIVISION 4!
You are 1000% correct!

Marauders19
Freshman Team

Post by Marauders19 »

Coach Bentley would press a 6 grade team with his varsity. I also think he will be done soon My friends from Logan says rumor is he’s moving back to Logan to take over the boys program that would be a huge mistake on his part he would be the one getting pressed Logan Basketball is not very good

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Marauders19 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:54 am Coach Bentley would press a 6 grade team with his varsity. I also think he will be done soon My friends from Logan says rumor is he’s moving back to Logan to take over the boys program that would be a huge mistake on his part he would be the one getting pressed Logan Basketball is not very good
He is leaving because VC girls will drop way off in 2 years, he isn’t sticking around for that. In fact, VC will drop off considerably next year.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

VC up 26-9 against D2 Marietta after 1 quarter. Should we not have scheduled them too?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

51-17 at the half. I guess we should schedule some WNBA teams so all of the haters are happy.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Dundas wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:29 pm 51-17 at the half. I guess we should schedule some WNBA teams so all of the haters are happy.
Go ahead and pound your chest but Marietta hasn’t beat anyone.

Rutter lover
JV Team

Post by Rutter lover »

Dundas wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:29 pm 51-17 at the half. I guess we should schedule some WNBA teams so all of the haters are happy.
Final?

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Dundas wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:27 pm VC up 26-9 against D2 Marietta after 1 quarter. Should we not have scheduled them too?
Ff beat marietta by over 30 as well. Not a good program. Tough to find good games in seo

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Ff3233 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:40 pm
Dundas wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:27 pm VC up 26-9 against D2 Marietta after 1 quarter. Should we not have scheduled them too?
Ff beat marietta by over 30 as well. Not a good program. Tough to find good games in seo
Very tough, but there are teams around that are ready and willing to play. You may have to travel a little but if your team is legit, then put them on the schedule. This year is a great year to pick up games because of all the cancellations. I guess VC chose South Gallia and Marietta so the Coach could stroke his ego. I’m really not beating up on Bentley but I have talked to him on several occasions, and every time it’s him talking about how great he is. Always no one will ever out work me and blah, blah, blah. I guess if he continues to schedule a bunch of powder puff programs, then he is probably right.

Marauders19
Freshman Team

Post by Marauders19 »

Bulldog I don’t know coach Bentley personally but if your saying he is bragging about outworking teams is that really a bad thing in today’s society? If you watch Vinton County they coach with passion including his Jv coach there is a intensity that simply just doesn’t happen in girls basketball. Vinton County loves Bentley and Southeastern Ohio finds reasons to hate him and believe me bulldog he deserves it at times. In fact I know personally that he walked up to our best player and said you be more successful in our program then his .. He does care about anything but his program success.. I think fort Frye will spank them but if you think about it Vinton County will always be in this discussion because there program has the arrogance to be successful because of there dedication to a system that Bentley has created. Jerk yes !!! Good coach yes!!!!

Return to “Girls Basketball”