Varsity

VINTOB COUNTY COACH LEAVING

Post by vcgrad »

What happened???

Ff3233
JV Team

Re: VINTOB COUNTY COACH LEAVING

Post by Ff3233 »

vcgrad wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:37 am What happened???
His daughter graduated. Anyone who thought he was in it for the long haul or for anyone else but himself and his family is just plain dumb

Flexworth
Riding the Bench

Post by Flexworth »

Ff3233 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:13 am
His daughter graduated. Anyone who thought he was in it for the long haul or for anyone else but himself and his family is just plain dumb
Wow, thats a pretty negative comment about a coach who put together the best 7 year stretch in any sport in school history. I could care less why he coached, but as a fan I appreciate him coaching and accomplishing what he did with our young girls for the 7 years. The way I look at it, the vc community should feel lucky to of had him and his daughter, the best accomplished athlete to ever go to vc, for that time. I certainly wish him the best.

Ff3233
JV Team

Post by Ff3233 »

Flexworth wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:31 am
Ff3233 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:13 am
Wow, thats a pretty negative comment about a coach who put together the best 7 year stretch in any sport in school history. I could care less why he coached, but as a fan I appreciate him coaching and accomplishing what he did with our young girls for the 7 years. The way I look at it, the vc community should feel lucky to of had him and his daughter, the best accomplished athlete to ever go to vc, for that time. I certainly wish him the best.
Lot of coaches do that. Not being negative, just being truthful. He had a great run, congrats to him and his team. But was never going to be there past morgan graduating

HamPorter
Varsity

Post by HamPorter »

Thought that he may have stayed one more year, but the cupboard certainly isn't bare, at least for a couple of years.

Great run and it would have been crazy to expect him to be there for a really long time, especially with the daughter going on to play at the next level.

Marauders19
Riding the Bench

Post by Marauders19 »

Vinton county ... definitely is not bare of talent. That junior class has always been good in biddy ball and they still have a lot of talent. Bentley has a younger daughter a big girl probably 6’2 or bigger. I guarantee that Bentley becomes a boys coach he has twin boys that I hear that are pretty darn good.. I guarantee he jumps on the boys scene soon !! Wherever there is talent is where he will be that’s just simply what AAU coaches do!!!

Flexworth
Riding the Bench

Post by Flexworth »

Marauders19 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:50 pm Vinton county ... definitely is not bare of talent. That junior class has always been good in biddy ball and they still have a lot of talent. Bentley has a younger daughter a big girl probably 6’2 or bigger. I guarantee that Bentley becomes a boys coach he has twin boys that I hear that are pretty darn good.. I guarantee he jumps on the boys scene soon !! Wherever there is talent is where he will be that’s just simply what AAU coaches do!!!
He’s going back to Plain City to spend time with his parents. Both have health issues. After a year or two who knows. But Im sure he wouldn’t mind seeing his boys or even coaching his boys at Jonathon Alder.

blackshooky
Varsity

Post by blackshooky »

awful quiet from the vc know it alls

Return to “Girls Basketball”