oak hill

reds4life
Waterboy

Re: oak hill

Post by reds4life »

Sometimes it takes patience and dedication to be part of something bigger than yourself. Like the quote from the movie "White Men Cant Jump", would you rather "look good and lose or look bad and win". I've watched Hale and Johnson quite a bit over the years and both know basketball. To say they don't shows ignorance or animosity or both. The choice here was to be a role player on a senior laden team that will make a deep tournament run or transfer for a half season of increased playing time with less wins and dealing with scrutiny like what is posted here. It is what it is.

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

reds4life wrote:Sometimes it takes patience and dedication to be part of something bigger than yourself. Like the quote from the movie "White Men Cant Jump", would you rather "look good and lose or look bad and win". I've watched Hale and Johnson quite a bit over the years and both know basketball. To say they don't shows ignorance or animosity or both. The choice here was to be a role player on a senior laden team that will make a deep tournament run or transfer for a half season of increased playing time with less wins and dealing with scrutiny like what is posted here. It is what it is.
Well said.
I guess I'm just living in the past. Living in a time where school pride meant something. Where you cheered for your school and community not just your kid. Where it took a community to raise a kid . Oh well. I guess thats why they call them "the good ol days"

KY.BUCKEYE
Freshman Team

Post by KY.BUCKEYE »

Onthefence wrote:
KY.BUCKEYE wrote:I hear ya sister,very few girls last 4 years with Coach Johnson. Long as ther happy it's fine.
Well she must be doing something right. It seems they are always near the top of the soc. And they seem to make a good tournament run most years.
I didn't mean she was doing anything wrong,she has had some very good homegrown talent lately and she knows how to use it. They are always going to be well prepared for any team. Physically and mentally!! There defense is always top notch and will continue as long as she is the coach.

G0 BuCKs

Return to “Girls Basketball”