TVC GIRLS BASKETBALL - 2015/2016

tvcfan8
Waterboy

Re: TVC GIRLS BASKETBALL - 2015/2016

Post by tvcfan8 »

Looks like things are looking up at Meigs. After a few rough years they look much improved. A program headed in the right direction. Their biddy program was tough a few years ago so hopefully this is paying off. I don't think they've beat Eastern for some time. They played Vinton close if I remember right. How deep would anyone guess this program goes? Is this a program on the rebound? Collins and Pullins of Eastern continue to impress. Congrats Marauders!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

GIRLS BASKETBALL RESULTS - 1/11/2016

Athens - 21
Nelsonville-York - 57

Alexander - 69
Vinton County - 71 (OT)

Meigs - 56
River Valley - 40

Wellston - 22
Jackson - 42

Eastern - 34
Southern - 28

Waterford - 71
Belpre - 45

Trimble - 54
Miller - 42

Fed Hock - 72
Wahama - 13

South Gallia -
St. Joe -

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Big night by Puckett, underwhelmed with Alexander right now. VC/Nelsonville winner to the drivers seat, still possible for a 3 way tie.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

GIRLS BASKETBALL RESULTS - 1/14

Athens - 15
Warren - 61

Alexander - 49
Meigs - 26

Nelsonville-York - 51
Vinton County - 31

Wellston - 37
River Valley - 60

Eastern - 49
Miller - 34

Waterford - 67
Wahama - 12

Southern - 61
South Gallia - 30

Trimble - 51
Fed Hock - 33

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Another win by the Lady Buckeyes!!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
thebarlowbandit
All State

Orange and Brown wrote:Another win by the Lady Buckeyes!!

Yes, very much congrats, Coach Whiting has done an outstanding job, very similar to what him and Seth did at Logan last year, and I like how they are doing it.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

thebarlowbandit wrote:

Yes, very much congrats, Coach Whiting has done an outstanding job, very similar to what him and Seth did at Logan last year, and I like how they are doing it.
He has stepped in and picked up where Coach Dalton left off. The Lady Buckeyes play tough at both ends of the floor. They are fun to watch.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
thebarlowbandit
All State

Orange and Brown wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:

He has stepped in and picked up where Coach Dalton left off. The Lady Buckeyes play tough at both ends of the floor. They are fun to watch.

Sorry, did not mean any slight to Coach Dalton. She did a nice job, but I see more of Logan last year in these kids than I sww

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:

Sorry, did not mean any slight to Coach Dalton. She did a nice job, but I see more of Logan last year in these kids than I sww
The new coach has the girls improving week in and week out. That hasn't happened in years with the lady Buckeyes!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Armchair, then you must not have watched them much over the past few years. I'm not trying to compare coaches or say one is better than the other. Coach Dalton took the Lady Buckeyes further than any coach in school history, she taught her girls about fair play, hard work, dedication, and team first basketball. My statement said nothing other than he has stepped in and picked up where she left off. He is a good coach and that shows on the court.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

thebarlowbandit wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:

I didn't think you meant any slight at all. All I meant is that he teaches the same principals, and expects his girls to work just as hard as Coach Dalton did.
They have a lot of similarities in their coaching style.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

Orange and Brown wrote:Armchair, then you must not have watched them much over the past few years. I'm not trying to compare coaches or say one is better than the other. Coach Dalton took the Lady Buckeyes further than any coach in school history, she taught her girls about fair play, hard work, dedication, and team first basketball. My statement said nothing other than he has stepped in and picked up where she left off. He is a good coach and that shows on the court.
What I'm saying is he's teaching them to play basketball at a level they haven't played in years. I didn't see the growth in Dalton's teams that I see now.

thebarlowbandit
All State

O&B, I wish we'd pick this game up, I know we've scrimmaged over the past few years, but would much rather see this as a regular season game. Maybe replace Alexander on our schedule with you guys, definately more positives with playing a program like you have.

Both coaches doing a fine job, NY is lucky, as they have easily had the best coaches and played the game the right way compared to some of the other schools in your league.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

thebarlowbandit wrote:O&B, I wish we'd pick this game up, I know we've scrimmaged over the past few years, but would much rather see this as a regular season game. Maybe replace Alexander on our schedule with you guys, definately more positives with playing a program like you have.

Both coaches doing a fine job, NY is lucky, as they have easily had the best coaches and played the game the right way compared to some of the other schools in your league.
It would make for a good gate.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

93Bulldog FYI the Parkersburg South/Waterford game is @ Waterford on the 23rd, Waterford is then @ Parkersburg South the 8th of Feb.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Thanks!

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

Waterford is an excellent basketball team. Their defense was very good. They brought a huge crowd. There was some good basketball played in Alexander last night. The Lady Spartans lost by 15. Rachel Richardson had an amazing game, but Waterford was too strong and experienced.

I would say both of these teams will make long tournament runs.

Go TVC.

Shoot_It_From_Deep
Freshman Team

Post by Shoot_It_From_Deep »

I agree with Spartas_fan that the Waterford-Alex game was a good one. Waterford was the deeper team from 1-7, but the Richardson girl can light it up! She kept them in the game all night long. Very good game by 2 teams that will win a lot of basketball games this year.

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

Lady Cats w/ big game Mon @ WV AAA Parkersburg South to finish regular season. GO LADY CATS!!!

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

Wondering if coach Burdett will be coach anymore this season? Or has he resigned already?
Last edited by ArmChairQB on Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Girls Basketball”