Lady Chiefs 2007-2008

ole chief
Freshman Team

Lady Chiefs 2007-2008

Post by ole chief »

What do you think? I think we will win the league, and then some!!!
Last edited by ole chief on Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

purplepower01
Waterboy

Post by purplepower01 »

well, lets see, who all they got coming back?

Go Chiefs!!
ole chief
Freshman Team

Post by ole chief »

Harris, Bolen, Bosch, Hughes, The Hoffmans, Reynolds, and others, They only lost 2 seniors. Should be an exciting year.

14DaltonAve
Waterboy

Post by 14DaltonAve »

Will Reynolds be back? Heard back during the tournament that she was thinking of going somewhere else next year.

purplepower01
Waterboy

Post by purplepower01 »

seniors- harris, bolen, bosch, thompson
juniors- hughes, klinger, hoffmann's, reynolds

they lost 3 seniors last year (cassady, holloway, hartman)
but agreed the season is going to be exciting!!
3 returning starters, hughes started a few games, got some talent coming below too, possibly klingenburg.. maybe the younger cassady, and i heard of another oncoming freshman, but i dont remember the name?
i think a league championship is a big possibilty..

Go Chiefs!!
Blue_Steel
Freshman Team

Post by Blue_Steel »

They had a lot of talented kids in the JV prrogram as well. They will again be strong. Jessica will be fun to watch as she keeps develpoing her outside game to go along with her inside game.

Working for the kids
ole chief
Freshman Team

Post by ole chief »

yep, They did lose three seniors, my bad. Jessica needs to concentrate on her inside game. She is pretty good on the outside, but she is basically the only inside strength they will have. they allready have a ton of outside strength. she can help the team most by posting up, not shooting three's.although it would make her more marketable to colleges to be a force outside or inside. but you are right, she is very fun to watch and is a powerful emotional leader for the team.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I understand that Coach Rice - JV coach - will not be returning for the upcoming school year ... who will be his likely successor as the JV coach ? ...

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Where's Coach Rice going Pfloyd?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... know your role - I understand that he is taking a teaching/coaching position near or in Cincinnati area where his "significant other" lives/works ... he being in Logan and her in Cincy made for a tough relationship situation ... Coach Rice did a good job here in Logan - wishing him the best professionally and personally from here in the Land of Purple ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I suppose I can answer my own question "sort a" ... looking at the coaching staff on the girls side (I don't know all of the coaches ie. 7th grade coach ) ... 8th grade is Kennard, freshman - Burns, JV - open, Varsity Assistant Hermann ... for the life of me I can't remember who the 7th grade coach is ... I'm assuming that the school policy that coaching positions are offered to school personnel first is in effect here sooooo that would eliminate Kennard (he doesn't work for the school district) that leaves Hermann (if he wants a team of his own to step down to take the JV position) , Burns ( she is the only female coach in the system, she could move up with the girls she coached last year) ... whoever the 7th grade coach is would be making a big jump to the JV if that would happen ... not sure if others inside the school system but not coaching hoops would be applying - no experience in hoops would not have them doing the JV position right from the "git go" ... sooooooo my own answer to my question LOL would be either moving up Coach Burns or dropping down Asst. Varsity Coach Hermann ... know your role guess we will just have to sit back a watch the story unfold LOL in the next couple weeks ...

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

That significant other is his fiance'.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... and that would be the definition for "significant other" = fiance' LOL ... know your role do YOU know anything about the girls side of the LHS hoops scene? I really don't follow the girls as closely as the boyz side of the court ... but being in and out of the AD office I hear odds and ends ... thought I would check out the girls forum for some info ...

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

I guess you could say I know a little bit. I know the girls have been to some very tough shoot-outs playing teams like Berlin Highland, Solon, Pickerington North, and so on. They also went to Eastern Ohio Team Camp and from what I hear they are having a pretty good summer.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... all good news then on the Lady Chiefs front it sounds like to me ... Coach Walsh has returned to the grid iron again for the Purple ... wonder how that will play into the start of the girls "unofficial" season of open gyms, conditioning etc. ... always thought Coach Walsh did an outstanding job as a coach for the football purple, glad to see him back on the sidelines for this coming fall ...

... know your role - hmmmm ... so "I guess you could say I know a little bit" does that mean you are on the girls hoops coaching staff at LHS ? ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the silence is deafening KYR LOL ...

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Sorry, was on a weekend trip. I can honestly say that I am not a part of the staff. Just a basketball fan.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

KYR ... you are allowed to be one or both LOL ... I haven't been up to the high school to talk with the AD to see if any decision has been made on the JV position ... have you heard anything on your end "as a basketball fan" of course LOL ...

... I have some 'bidness" to take care of on the Hilltop tomorrow , maybe I can get some word on who might have applied for or bid on the coaching JV position ...

masterchief_2
Varsity

Post by masterchief_2 »

pfloyd wrote:... I suppose I can answer my own question "sort a" ... looking at the coaching staff on the girls side (I don't know all of the coaches ie. 7th grade coach ) ... 8th grade is Kennard, freshman - Burns, JV - open, Varsity Assistant Hermann ... for the life of me I can't remember who the 7th grade coach is ... I'm assuming that the school policy that coaching positions are offered to school personnel first is in effect here sooooo that would eliminate Kennard (he doesn't work for the school district) that leaves Hermann (if he wants a team of his own to step down to take the JV position) , Burns ( she is the only female coach in the system, she could move up with the girls she coached last year) ... whoever the 7th grade coach is would be making a big jump to the JV if that would happen ... not sure if others inside the school system but not coaching hoops would be applying - no experience in hoops would not have them doing the JV position right from the "git go" ... sooooooo my own answer to my question LOL would be either moving up Coach Burns or dropping down Asst. Varsity Coach Hermann ... know your role guess we will just have to sit back a watch the story unfold LOL in the next couple weeks ...

The 7th grade coach is Rick Nelson... The school district rule is a joke. Why should a teacher get a upper hand on someone else just because they work for the school. IMO it should be up to the HEAD COACH of the varstiy team to pick his coaches. WHAT IF Burns gets hired and doesnt listen to a dam word Coach Walsh has to say. That kind of defeats the purpose of building a good program dont you think?

masterchief_2
Varsity

Post by masterchief_2 »

Emilie Hughes i heard she tore her ACL AGAIN. So that means someone is going to step up and fill her shoes.[/b]

Return to “Girls Basketball”