Lady Chiefs 2007-2008

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Sorry pfloyd, did not want to hurt your feelings.

Ole Chief, qualified, and md, very nice posts.

Even though numbers may be fewer than usual, this will be the most depth that Coach Walsh has had since he arrived. We are only three weeks away until the first game. Keep working hard and good luck.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... hmmmm ... the inner circle surrounding the girls program is very touchy when it comes to posts concerning their program ... "I don't know anything about anything" ... "back off !!!" (or what ?!! LOL) ... in a post that "attacked" no one, simply stated a fact - the "good ole boys" jumped on it like there was blood shed ... simple question it was - sure hit a sore spot ...

... 101 check the post - it was a general statement about programs HAVING to go down into the lower ranks to get numbers - get out of your defensive mode and read before you attack LOL ... as far as me not knowing anything ??? or me backing off ??? ... anything about what? or backing off from what ? ...

...KYR/101 if you don't want anyone besides the "inner circle" to post on here just say so ... and 101 I am glad to hear you pay your taxes LOL ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I'll be around all season supporting the Purple Gals hoops program ... some great kids on all teams top to bottom ... as I posted - it should be a very good year for the Lady Chiefs ... best of luck to the girls program up and down the levels ...

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

your practice gossip was a direct reply to me. I know where I got the practice gossip, guess what from a person at practice. and the so called practice gossip was positive and i said so, so why call me out. attend a practice and maybe then you'll be informed. the only thing I know about "inner circle" is that they sing the music to "COPS". you know, the song that goes "bad boys bad boys what you gonna do when they commin for you". :lol:

has anybody ever been called out after they praise somebody? :o

i guess we will have to agree to agree.

ole chief
Freshman Team

Post by ole chief »

How does one become a member of this "inner circle?" sounds mysterious to me.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

im not sure but if there is a membership fee count me out.

CHIEFTAINS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

FYI: "inner circle" For those of you uniformed about same. Self nominating. Credo being "those who think they know everything are annoying to those of us who do" :-

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Everyone let's leave pfloyd alone, when already know he is not part of our "inner circle". What a joke.

Any news on how the girls did Saturday? I know they were short due to players being out. When is their next scrimmage?

Also any clue on if Logan is having their preview, they did in years past but not last year because of the league preview.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

ok, i'll play nice so i wont hurt anyones feelings. ;-)

Blue_Steel
Freshman Team

seniority

Post by Blue_Steel »

You guys now have the Senior coach in the league. Maybe he would hire me?

Working for the kids
md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

kyr" Scrimmage at Maysville Sat the 3rd of Nov.

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Does Maysville ever go to Logan for scrimmages? Thanks for the info.

Nagol1
Freshman Team

Post by Nagol1 »

Where's the inner circle? Sounds like the Soprano's? Seems like the ones that know the least, talk to the most. Maysville only comes to the Holiday Tournament not scrimmages.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Rumor has it, the "Inner Circle" meets twice a week at a location some folks only know as "The Dam" and its after dark; OH!! Wait, wrong "inner circle"!!!

The "inner circle" is a group that meets at a small club locals just call "the rock" and its a place where opinions fly and the beer flows like wine and where every body uses the napkins for chalk boards and where you too can get a coaching certificate!

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

logan grad: hows damon's trivia treatin you? its been a long time for me.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

WOW!! Thats a blast from the past. :shock: I havent been in a loooonnngg time. So that would mean you are either A or B. Did I date your sister? (Before I was married of course)

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

yes, that would be correct. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i would love to see a hockey game. :-D :-D :-D :-D

Flatulence
Freshman Team

Post by Flatulence »

Heh,heh, Logan Grad, the comment about the dam was humorous. I was wondering what the inner circle would be considered if the word jerk was inserted afterward?

I am going to disagree with those who believe moving those up is a good idea. I have seen this backfire more than once. Here is the problem: many, many, many many(catch the drift?) athletes watch this happen and assume that the teams are pre-selected; therefore there is no reason to keep playing basketball. Thus, there are 16 players filling two rosters rather than the 24. If an athlete is good enough to be moved up in someone's mind then make that athlete prove it with his or her peers. To arbitrarily move someone up without making them "pay their dues" so to speak ends up defeating an entire program.

How can this be remedied? Simple. At the beginning of the season all levels practice together during the selection process. The athletes are tested on basic fundamentals during these practices---dribbling skills, passing skills, boxing out, do they protect the ball first and then face up on receiving the pass or does the ball immediately go to the floor? What do they do in 3 on 2 situations? Do they hustle? Etc, etc,etc. All coaches are there watching and evaluating and 36 team members are selected. When this catches on more and more will try out. Michael Jordan was cut from his high school basketball team his junior year. The next season the coaches installed this idea and the rest is, as they say, history.

What this allows is more athletes to try out who have finally stopped growing and their coordination catches up or as some consider it----a diamond in the rough.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

flatulence: The "inner circle" was a play on words from a previous post.Sometimes literal interpretation is well?? By the way I myself do not consider anyone on this thread a "jerk". I could be wrong though.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

yes, that would be correct.

i would love to see a hockey game.

I thought so!!! I hope all is well with you and yours!

I could leave a pair for you in Will Call, our next game is Sunday. You do have interest in season tickets, right????? ;-)

As for my opionion on the staff and their tactics, not that anyone cares really, but I think Coach Walsh and his staff do a great job making sure players who should be playing do, and he has given alot of underclassmen a chance to play and shine. There was a time, when you didnt see the floor or the gym or the varsity practice session if you were a freshman or sophomore and he has allowed several underclassmen the chance to be a player. Inner circle schmircle, he does what he needs to do to win, and any person in his, or his assistants, or lower level coaches shoes would and should do to win.

"You play to win the game."

Return to “Girls Basketball”