Minford 2007

Cameroncrazie
Riding the Bench

Post by Cameroncrazie »

Didn't Kara's brother graduate from South Webster?

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Post by Leaving Minford »

most of the Cayton's did graduate from South Webster.

Maybe she is just tired of not getting out of sectionals and district. This is a sure ticket to regionals.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

I doubt Minford fans were questioning Cayton's loyalty when she left Webster for Minford in junior high. But if true, with Cayton and Cook in the same backcourt, Webster looks like a lock for Regionals, and has a great shot at even more.*

Bobby Love
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobby Love »

Leaving Minford wrote:Not sure if there would be enough basketballs to go around with Cook and Cayton :lol:

better make sure there is enough defense to go around with these two. :lol: this will even things up a bit in the Soc 2 and it will come down to coaching. this is how i see it now.

1. burg or webster or Minford
3. Northwest
5 Oak hill - they do have GuOD Almighty coaching them :-D
6. Valley
7. waverly
8. west
Last edited by Bobby Love on Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

FalconX
JV Team

Post by FalconX »

From what I understand this is true. Kara provided Minford with many exciting moments over the past few years and will surely be missed. We know it is a big loss for the team, but do we really know how much effect it will have on their overall performance. Who will take over the point guard position? Will there be a shift in positions, etc.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Bobby Love wrote:
Leaving Minford wrote:Not sure if there would be enough basketballs to go around with Cook and Cayton :lol:

better make sure there is enough defense to go around with these two. :lol: this will even things up a bit in the Soc 2 and it will come down to coaching. this is how i see it now.

1. burg or webster or Minford
3. Northwest
5 Valley
6. Oak hill
7. waverly
8. west
With Cayton it will be all SW.You have to remember something they went to the Regionals last year with Sophomores and Freshmen,with veteran experience added in Cayton they will roll in the SOC 2 and beyond no doubt!!

turncoat-ump13
Freshman Team

Post by turncoat-ump13 »

she could be leaving because of the financial problems that the minford school district is having. they have cut alot of teachers and i heard some of the kids are tranferring out due to this.

turncoat-ump13
Freshman Team

Post by turncoat-ump13 »

she could be leaving because of the financial problems that the minford school district is having. they have cut alot of teachers and i heard some of the kids are tranferring out due to this.

big-train
Freshman Team

Post by big-train »

the state has made it so easy to transfer its almost like having 2 or 3 big free agents every year and there is big winners and losers,in this case SW is the winner and minford will be scambling from this all year,trying to find a mesh in the backcourt,my guess the freshman will take over at point sooner than later.

Falcon Pride
Waterboy

Post by Falcon Pride »

Kara will definitely be missed, however, Minford is still loaded with talent. There are 3-4 girls in the junior class that can handle the ball, as well as, a couple of upcoming freshman. Don't count them out...

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

big-train: Minford's the loser in this? Webster lost Cayton TO MINFORD for junior high and three years of high school basketball. I think Minford has benefitted greatly from a kid born and raised in South Webster and whose family ALL graduated from Webster.

And I seem to remember two Jeep boys basketball players in '97 who left for Minford their senior year (one averaged 28ppg as a junior at Webster, and the other would've helped Webster but rode the pine at Minford). So I think Minford has done just fine over the years with Webster kids.*

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

THE YOUNG ONES AT SW GOT A TASTE OF WHAT IT'S LIKE TO GO TO THE REGIONAL AN EVERYONE OF THEM DONT WANT JUST A PIECE OF IT THEY WANT THE WHOLE THING ;-) AN WITH THIS ADDITION IT WILL GIVE ONE OR TWO OF THE GIRLS THAT PLAYED ON THE VARSITY LAST YEAR ALITTLE BREATHING ROOM SO THEY CAN GET MORE CONFENDENCE IN THEIR GAME AN NOT BE UNDER ALOT OF PRESSURE TO PRODUCE ON THE OFFENSIVE END, CAUSE THE DEFENCE IS TIGHT :-D

GOOD LUCK TO THE GIRL AT MINFORD U STILL HAVE A LOT OF TALENT ON THE TEAM AN A VERY GOOD COACH !!!!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

All I have to say about the situation is.......
Oak Hill in 6th place????? :shock: :lol:

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

If all the rumors are true the SOC is going to be a dogfight with Burg, Oak Hill, Webster and Minford all fighting for the top spot. Should make for a fun winter!

It's a lot more fun to watch if the talent is spread out between 4 or 5 teams instead of the same ones year after year.

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

I hate to see Cayton go. She is a great player and person. I think Minford can work around her loss. Minford is heavy in guards. Her knowledge and three point shooting will be missed. She will really be missed in girl's soccer.

Does she need a superintendent's release. If so, I would not give it to a school employee's child.

I think it makes SW a lot better fast. It has less impact on Minford than on South Webster. The idea that Oak Hill is 6th is silly. They have good players and a great coach and program. I still think it is a Oak Hill Minford race. One thing is sure the SOC is loade4d with good teams next year: Minford, Oak Hill, South Webster, Wheelersburg, Northwest to name a few in no particular order.

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

IF THIS IS FOR REAL, WITH HER TAKEN SOME OF THE PRESSURE OFF OF KAYLA AN THE REST OF THE TEAM. PLUS THE EXPERIENCE FROM LAST YEARS MAINLY FRESHMAN AN SOPHMORE SQUAD ( 6 FRESH, 2 SOPH, 3 JRS. ONE JR HADN'T PLAYED SINCE 7TH GRADE ) THIS WILL BE A VERY GOOD TEAM. AN THEY CAN BEAT ANY TEAM AT ANY GIVE TIME IN THE SOC 2. IF THEY ALL CAN WORK TOGETHER.

BUT THIS IS A MINFORD THREAD SO AGAIN GOOD LUCK TO THE LADY FALCONS AN THEIR COACHING STAFF. BOTH TOP NOTCH SEE U IN THE WINTER.

Bobby Love
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobby Love »

sorry mof i shouldnt put the Oaks 6th. i fixed it now. :razz:

Cameroncrazie
Riding the Bench

Post by Cameroncrazie »

It depends on where she lives. If she lives in the South Webster school district I don't think she needs the superintendent to sign off. Don't you get a one time transfer back to your home district? I think I looked this up before. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong because I'm curious as well.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

getting warmer but still pretty cold :lol:

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

falconflyer: you say that Cayton's a "great person," so why would you want to penalize HER by not granting her release just because her dad works in the Minford school system?? Regardless, she is still a resident of South Webster as she has been her entire life, so it's a moot point.

Good luck to Minford the upcoming season as they still have plenty of talent.*

Return to “Girls Basketball”