SEOPS Hippo

Re: Oak Hill vs Zane Trace

Post by Ironman92 »

63-22 1:40 left

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Congrats Oak Hill on your 16th straight sectional title.
Final 70-22

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Trivia for non-Oak Hill folks....

They have won 16 consecutive sectionals....what main happening kept the streak from being a few years longer?

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

come on... pick me... pick me

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

No

Here's a question to at least make MOF think. Who did Oak Hill play in their first regional final, what was their record coming into that game, how many points did they win by and how many did Jamie score? For extra credit...what was the Jackson connection with that team?

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Saw this game, Complete Domination by Oaks. Was really embarrassed for Oak Hill Community (Even Though I don't live there) when crowd was waving and cheering for Zane Trace girl to sit down after fouling out. No matter how they felt about her play, there is no sense or place in high school sports for this!!

Good luck in Districts.

Side note, Saw OH Jr. High groups this year and pay back will be coming really soon.

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

They have no class.Glad others are starting to see this and comment about it.Your lips to God's ears...Or at least we can hope....

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

Slim Jim wrote:They have no class.Glad others are starting to see this and comment about it.Your lips to God's ears...Or at least we can hope....
i know what u mean.my daughter played for hunt st joe last yr and when stjoe played oakhill at the field house there were sum people calling my daughter horrible names during the game. but she plays for fairland now and this time when we played them the only thing u seen out of the ones spewing names at her was their jaws dropped to the ground at the loss and the beating they took inside. i know sum people from oakhill and they r very nice but its sad that about 10 people can tarnish a whole communities reputation. on a positive note myself,daughter and husband was at the oakhill v hunt stjoe game at oakhill and everyone that was working the game was very friendly and was very welcoming to my daughter.also it was oakhills senior night-and the fact that they presented and also acknolwged stjoes seniors was very classy.

whythehale??
Waterboy

Post by whythehale?? »

I am glad people are mentioning that not everyone from Oak Hill turns crazy when they walk into a ball game. When I go to watch Oak Hill play, yes I want them to win, but I would like them to win with class and I am able to appreciate a good play from another team. I thought Zane Trace played hard and had some good defense. Number 4 had a nice shot. Number 3 punching number 40 (from Oak Hill) was a bit extreme, but I assumed it was a young girl being frustrated, not excusing it, but it happens. The adults from Oak Hill cheering when she fouled out was harsh. Yes, I clapped when she fouled out, but not knowing if she was a senior or not I think it is appropriate to clap politely. Her season just ended, that's hard. Best of luck Oak Hill. Look forward to watching number 40.

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Post by Leaving Minford »

Regulator wrote:Saw this game, Complete Domination by Oaks. Was really embarrassed for Oak Hill Community (Even Though I don't live there) when crowd was waving and cheering for Zane Trace girl to sit down after fouling out. No matter how they felt about her play, there is no sense or place in high school sports for this!!

Good luck in Districts.

Side note, Saw OH Jr. High groups this year and pay back will be coming really soon.
Slim Jim wrote:They have no class.Glad others are starting to see this and comment about it.Your lips to God's ears...Or at least we can hope....
It is interesting that Oak Hill fans come out as the bad guy in this when their player was the one getting beat up on and Zane Trace fans were cheering when an Oak Hill girl got hurt. I have seen lots of fans cheer when a certain player fouls out. In this instance the certain player should have been sitting in the first quarter because she should have been thrown out. Zane Trace's coach kept telling her to use her head and kept motioning for her to settle down.

dream_crusher80
Riding the Bench

Post by dream_crusher80 »

I was sitting within earshot of the scorers table and I was disappointed in the behavior of the Zane Trace coach. He was not a good example for his team with the foul language and the way he cursed the official scorekeeper. Say what u want about Oak Hill fans but I personally think they are just passionate about their team. The few games I have had the pleasure of watching them they have not once played dirty. Hats off to the Lady Oaks and may your season end in Columbus with a state championship.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Ironman92 wrote:No

Here's a question to at least make MOF think. Who did Oak Hill play in their first regional final, what was their record coming into that game, how many points did they win by and how many did Jamie score? For extra credit...what was the Jackson connection with that team?

You have stumped me a little and my archives are in the outbuilding underneath boxes of baby clothes, lol. I was a freshman that year with a painted face and chest helping lead the cheers. They played Barnesville in the regional semis and played Utica in the regional finals. They were 19-1 in the regular season so I am guessing their record was 23-1. For some reason the score 57-43 or 59-42 is sticking out in my mind but that could be way off. I would guess Jamie had 27, which is what she usually scored. Have no idea of Jackson connection.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

I am not talking about the team or coach. They are a class act. The fans are the ones that are idiots and should be ashamed at how they act!!
Also, I never saw ZT fans clapping when the OH girl was hurt. Don't spin it into that!!

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Post by Leaving Minford »

Regulator wrote:I am not talking about the team or coach. They are a class act. The fans are the ones that are idiots and should be ashamed at how they act!!
Also, I never saw ZT fans clapping when the OH girl was hurt. Don't spin it into that!!

So because Regulator didn't see it, it didn't happen everyone.

I am just saying Oak Hill fans get grouped together as being ignorant and not classy. While there are some that fit your description, I don't think you should stereotype the whole crew. I have been going to oak hill games for the past 7 or 8 years and have found them to be the opposite of your accusations. They are very welcoming and knowledgeable.

Now if they feel that one of their players is being treated unfairly, then they will yell, scream, and holler until the end of the world. They are no different than any other fan group other than the fact that they have much more fans at the game.

Ole_Cuzin_Funk
Freshman Team

Post by Ole_Cuzin_Funk »

This idiot Oak Hill fan will save you a seat at any game right be side me. I love to talk the finer points of the sport. When a kid gets sucker punched yes we tend to get upset. At least our community gets out and supports our kids. We yell, we cheer, we get upset. Thats just the way it is. But hey, at least we re in public doing it, not hiding behind the safety of a computer screen and a user name to act like an idiot.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

MightyOaksFan wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:No

You have stumped me a little and my archives are in the outbuilding underneath boxes of baby clothes, lol. I was a freshman that year with a painted face and chest helping lead the cheers. They played Barnesville in the regional semis and played Utica in the regional finals. They were 19-1 in the regular season so I am guessing their record was 23-1. For some reason the score 57-43 or 59-42 is sticking out in my mind but that could be way off. I would guess Jamie had 27, which is what she usually scored. Have no idea of Jackson connection.
with a little help from the Oak Hill faithful, Tom Slater was the superintendent of North Fork school district which included Utica High School. I believe he is related to the Howe's of Jackson.
btw, Oak Hill was up 2 at halftime of that game.

dream_crusher80
Riding the Bench

Post by dream_crusher80 »

Ole_Cuzin_Funk wrote:This idiot Oak Hill fan will save you a seat at any game right be side me. I love to talk the finer points of the sport. When a kid gets sucker punched yes we tend to get upset. At least our community gets out and supports our kids. We yell, we cheer, we get upset. Thats just the way it is. But hey, at least we re in public doing it, not hiding behind the safety of a computer screen and a user name to act like an idiot.
Well said Funk!

Lucky ford 14
Waterboy

Post by Lucky ford 14 »

I think that everyone just needs to stop talking about OAK HILL fans because all we will do is use all this in are next game and get as loud as we can, so don't tell us what u think because it doesn't really matter.

Lucky ford 14
Waterboy

Post by Lucky ford 14 »

I think everybody on here that talks about the OAK HILL fans need to just stop beccause we will just use this in are next game and get a lot more crazy because we love to watch our girls play.

Return to “Girls Basketball”