Minford Vs Wheelersburg round 3 on Feb 23

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Minford Vs Wheelersburg round 3 on Feb 23

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Yes, it is America and you are indeed allowed to voice your opinion, but your disdain for anything Wheelersburg is getting to the point of being comical and pathetic.

How can you honestly believe that the "better" team lost when the Burg beat Minford three times this year?????? They won on their home floor, on the Falcons home floor, and on a neutral floor. That tells me that the "better" team won in all three games because they found a way to overcome adversity and win a very tight and highly contested ballgame which is what the "better" team usually does. They don't blame it on the refs and blow leads at the ends of games.

If Minford was the "better" team then they would have found a way to keep the lead and win the game, but they didn't. Minford is a great team, but in the three games against the Lady Pirates they obviously weren't the "better" team as the scores of all three games prove.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

FalconFan wrote:
drrabbit wrote:These girls don't care what anyone says about them and their regular fans don't either. They know what does matter and it is not what is written on here.

If the regular fans dont care what is said about them, then why does Burg Grad 77 always freak out on anyone who dislikes Wheelersburg and shows their opinion.

I don't freak out on everyone who shows their hatred for Wheelersburg, just you. :-D

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

FalconFan wrote:
drrabbit wrote:These girls don't care what anyone says about them and their regular fans don't either. They know what does matter and it is not what is written on here.

If the regular fans dont care what is said about them, then why does Burg Grad 77 always freak out on anyone who dislikes Wheelersburg and shows their opinion.

When I used the term 'regular fans' I was referring to those people who regularly went to the Wheelersburg girls' games. I am not sure that Burg Grad 77 has ever been to a Wheelersburg Girls' game in the last four years so I was not including him (sorry if I missed you at a game).

But 'defending' Wheelersburg on this website is his and his brother's favorite activity. ;-) His brother did go to one of the girls' home games this year--I think it was West. But that is all that I can recall for the two of them.

They actually are nice guys but they do have a bit of a persecution complex. :lol:

What I was saying is that those, who knows these girls well, know the girls don't pay any attention to the nonsense that you write and those parents/family members and friends don't need to either.

They really missed Kara Cayton this season but Minford has some nice players to build on for next year. Good Luck down the road.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Congratulations to the lady Pirates on the District Championship.
Congratulations to the lady Falcons on a fine season and well played game.

From an unbiased observer I thought the officiating was horrendous. They were very inconsistent and missed way too many calls. It seems they called ticky tack fouls when they wanted and swallowed their whistles when someone got mugged.

Pirates vs Oaks in the Regional semis. An SOCII team advancing to the Regional Championship.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Docs right, I've been to two or three girls games in my life, but I will defend anything Wheelersburg to the bitter end. I have lived in this town since 1971 and have put up with the hatred, or actually I should say jealousy because that's what it actually boils down to, of the Pirates successful sports programs ever since. It doesn't matter what sport it is, the Pirates will eventually excell at it and compete with anyone in it and the other schools just can't stand that fact.

It all comes down to taking pride in winning and a job well done and that is instilled in the athletes at Wheelersburg from the time they first step onto a field, a court, a diamond, or an oval to the time they graduate. I'm not saying other schools don't try to do the same thing, but at the Burg winning and winning or losing with class is inbred in these kids because of the success of the teams before them so they take great pride in keeping up that tradition of athletic excellence and I just can't sit idly by and listen to someone verbally attack them without speaking out.

That's just me and I'll probably never change. I'm a Pirate until the day I die no matter where my travels may take me.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Lady Pirates, show Oak Hill the door! lol :lol: Good Luck in Lancaster!

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

FalconFan, you are really showing your true colors!! The "old Burg man" that you spoke of was upset that his granddaugter had gotten slammed to the floor and hit her head. She had already suffered one head and neck injury this year. Wouldn't you be worried? Probably not, after reading your previous posts.

Oh well, it's done and over and the better team won again, for the third time this year!!!

Good luck Lady Pirates at regionals.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

FalconFan wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:FalconFan has done nothing but show his or her hatred of Wheelersburg since he or she joined the site. I wonder if they will even get on here now and congratulate the Lady Pirates on the win or if they will still say that the better team lost.

Congrats to the Lady Pirates and good luck in the Regionals!!!!

Well Burg Grad since you brought it up, the better team DID lose.

It's almost impossible to make that argument when you lose 3 times to a team.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Docs right, I've been to two or three girls games in my life, but I will defend anything Wheelersburg to the bitter end. I have lived in this town since 1971 and have put up with the hatred, or actually I should say jealousy because that's what it actually boils down to, of the Pirates successful sports programs ever since. It doesn't matter what sport it is, the Pirates will eventually excell at it and compete with anyone in it and the other schools just can't stand that fact.

It all comes down to taking pride in winning and a job well done and that is instilled in the athletes at Wheelersburg from the time they first step onto a field, a court, a diamond, or an oval to the time they graduate. I'm not saying other schools don't try to do the same thing, but at the Burg winning and winning or losing with class is inbred in these kids because of the success of the teams before them so they take great pride in keeping up that tradition of athletic excellence and I just can't sit idly by and listen to someone verbally attack them without speaking out.

That's just me and I'll probably never change. I'm a Pirate until the day I die no matter where my travels may take me.

Well it would seem to me that since you can "defend burg to the bitter end", why can't FalconFan be granted the same luxury. I was at the game and did think the officials were a factor, which is something they never should be. Congrats to the Lady Falcons, I wish it could've ended better.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I have no problem whatsoever with FalconFan defending and rooting for the Falcons to the bitter end and if they are a true fan I wouldn't expect any less from them. My problem is that he or she is constantly getting on Wheelersburg threads and showing his or her hatred for the Pirates by putting down the players, the town, and the school and proudly cheering for the Pirates opponents.

Like I told him or her in a post earlier, I root for all SOC schools as long as the Pirates aren't playing them. It's good for the conference and the area when local schools excel in the tourneys so that they can get state wide recognition and I have even spent lots of money and time following other local schools in the postseason when the Pirates aren't playing, including Minford. I just don't understand the hatred for Wheelersburg out of them. If Minford had beaten Wheelersburg I would have gladly rooted for them to win and keep going in the tourney. The Pirates don't usually get that same respect and I have even seen people from other local schools come to Burg tourney games to cheer against them.
Last edited by Burg_Grad_77 on Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

THE NEXT LEVEL
Freshman Team

Post by THE NEXT LEVEL »

The "old Burg man" that you spoke of was upset that his granddaugter had gotten slammed to the floor and hit her head. She had already suffered one head and neck injury this year

Don't think the girl was slammed to the floor..jus good hustle on both girls part...and thought the burg coach displayed some unsportsmanlike conduct in asking that the Minford girl be thrown out..wasn't the first time he said some things about the Minford girls either..but nonetheless..great job by both teams that did represent what high school athletics should be..Good luck to Oak Hill and Burg..I'm sure they will represent our area well!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

THE NEXT LEVEL wrote:
The "old Burg man" that you spoke of was upset that his granddaugter had gotten slammed to the floor and hit her head. She had already suffered one head and neck injury this year

Don't think the girl was slammed to the floor..jus good hustle on both girls part...and thought the burg coach displayed some unsportsmanlike conduct in asking that the Minford girl be thrown out..wasn't the first time he said some things about the Minford girls either..but nonetheless..great job by both teams that did represent what high school athletics should be..Good luck to Oak Hill and Burg..I'm sure they will represent our area well!

Yea, the girl was not thrown to the floor at all. Just a good hustle play and some good effort.

thenino
Freshman Team

Post by thenino »

I have to say that i agree with FalconFan. In my opinion, the officiating of this game played a major factor in the Lady Falcons loss. Granted, the Lady Falcons made some mistakes and missed some wide open shots towards the end of the game, but it seemed to me that the calls were more in Wheelersburg's favor. Bad calls are going to be made in every game, but the situations that some of these calls were made in tremendously hurt the Falcons chance of enhancing/regaining the lead. I can recall a horrible blocking foul called on Conrad towards the end of the game that put burg to the line, and also a charging foul on Harris that gave the ball back to burg. The Lady Falcons did make some poor decisions at the end of the game that could have prevented burg from taking the lead, but it is still sad to see an officiating crew affect the score in the first place..

buckeye221
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye221 »

burg_grad_77 I think something you said in an earlier post is very very true. You said a lot of hatred for Burg is really jealousy...I think you are right. I am not from the same conference as Wheelersburg so there has never been a rivalry with them...but everyone knows Wheelersburg is good at every sport. They always always always compete in everything that I can think of. I can only imagine how annoyed some of these other schools are. Its like the burg never has an off year at ANYTHING lol. Soooo I think you're right, a lot of people are probably bitter and jealous of their success.

I admire the success of their program and if a team from any sport beats Wheelersburg they are always more excited because it doesn't happen very often.

Just my outsiders opinion...

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

buckeye221 wrote:burg_grad_77 I think something you said in an earlier post is very very true. You said a lot of hatred for Burg is really jealousy...I think you are right. I am not from the same conference as Wheelersburg so there has never been a rivalry with them...but everyone knows Wheelersburg is good at every sport. They always always always compete in everything that I can think of. I can only imagine how annoyed some of these other schools are. Its like the burg never has an off year at ANYTHING lol. Soooo I think you're right, a lot of people are probably bitter and jealous of their success.

I admire the success of their program and if a team from any sport beats Wheelersburg they are always more excited because it doesn't happen very often.

I'm not jealous of Wheelersburg at all honestly. I just like to stir the pot with their fans. I think that most people from Wheelersburg are full of themselves so I get on here and tell them about it. All in a days work really.

buckeye221
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye221 »

FalconFan wrote:
buckeye221 wrote:burg_grad_77 I think something you said in an earlier post is very very true. You said a lot of hatred for Burg is really jealousy...I think you are right. I am not from the same conference as Wheelersburg so there has never been a rivalry with them...but everyone knows Wheelersburg is good at every sport. They always always always compete in everything that I can think of. I can only imagine how annoyed some of these other schools are. Its like the burg never has an off year at ANYTHING lol. Soooo I think you're right, a lot of people are probably bitter and jealous of their success.

I'm not jealous of Wheelersburg at all honestly. I just like to stir the pot with their fans. I think that most people from Wheelersburg are full of themselves so I get on here and tell them about it. All in a days work really.

Ohhh falconfan I was not singling you out by my post at all. I have no idea how you feel about Burg because I haven't read enough posts about it. I just meant from talk I have heard from people from many towns in the area and from many different sports....I think a lot of people are jealous by Wheelersburg's success, whether they come out and say it or not. I think a lot of people want them to lose because they get tired of them winning all the time. Maybe some people from Wheelersburg are full of themselves...I don't know...but all I do know is they DO have the right to brag on their programs because each program both boys and girls of all sports, have been very successful. I would brag too!!!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Buckeye221: I was just verifying. Classy post though. Thanks for being reasonable.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

We're full of ourselves????? You can't even get on here and admit your Lady Falcons were beat by the better team, not once, but three times in the same season. But yeah, us Burg people are full of ourselves. Please!!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Easy Burg Grad. Its really funny to see you get mad at everything I say. Don't just get mad at me. The Nino was complaint about the refs to and you didnt single him out. I think you just have some kind of vendetta with me.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

BINGO!!!!

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

GIVE THAT MAN A KEWPIE DOLL!!!!

:-D :-D :-D

Return to “Girls Basketball”