South Webster vs. New Boston D 4 District Championship

Proff49
Waterboy

Re: South Webster vs. New Boston D 4 District Championship

Post by Proff49 »

[quote]
Leaving her in is classless to the opposing team
[quote]

Not at all. Johnson did the right thing, getting the monkey off the entire teams back.

Good luck in the next one. Give Africentric an attitude adjustment!

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

Good Luck to the Lady Jeeps in Pickerington at the regionals next thursday from a Lady Cats fan. See you there.
GO LADY CATS

jeeptrio
Waterboy

Post by jeeptrio »

I can't sit back and just read anymore. I've got to open up and speak my mind like everyone else has. First off, Congrats to the Lady Jeeps on the District Championship and to Kayla for scoring her 1000th point!! Speaking of scoring 1000 points, I was at the game when Wiley was working on getting her points and stayed until she got them and stood and cheered for her like everyone else did. Then comes Thursday night, everyone knows Kayla is close to 1000 and NB was doing all they could to keep her from it. I'm surprised she didn't get her points from FREE THROWS...the NB girls were all over her at the end of the game. It was poor sportsmanship at it's highest. The NB coach should be ashamed for playing that way, especially after his own player had been in the same situation several days earlier. As far as leaving starters in when your up by 20+...I have to agree with Art...this is tournament time...girls have to play with the highest of intensity even with a 20-30 point lead....can't sit on the bench for 2-3 games (during the 4th quarter) and then expect to come out and beat the #1 ranked team in the state next week. Ok, I feel better.
Go Jeeps. Beat The Nubians.

volleyball_track22
Waterboy

Post by volleyball_track22 »

I definitely agree with that statement Jeeptrio. Does anyone know how many three's were made by south webster? Cayton was making them left and right.. I lost count.

Good Luck Jeeps!!! I'll be there cheering ya'll on like always! :-D

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

Get over yourself Ironman. Please!
You know exactly what I was talking about. People getting worked up over a game that means nothing in the grand scheme of all things is rediculous.
You were offended. Fine. Others were not. Let it go and stop preaching at us about sportsmanship. We know it's important. It had NOTHING to do with that game. It was a choice made by a coach which I support and so do others.
Where was that lecture when the New Boston coach did the same for His player?

Hey digger, I got a good feeling we will see the Jeeps in Columbus.
Africentric has one big weakness. Their bench is VERY weak. If Cook and Cayton can get penetration and get some fouls then the Nubians coach will be forced to go to the bench or the players will have to back off to stay out of foul trouble.
Cook and Cayton are good enough ball handlers that I feel we have a great chance to knock them off. It will be fun to see how it plays out. Hopfully WNXT will broadcast it.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

jeep80.....you're right

I'm rooting for SW to take it to the Nubians. The tournament is survive and advance....right now the Lady Jeeps are dominating and advancing....hope they can keep it going.
Last edited by Ironman92 on Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sportsfanatic3
Waterboy

Post by sportsfanatic3 »

Ironman92 always puts in an opinion as if he's the most moralistic person on earth. Whether it was right or wrong, there was a reasoning for it. It was atleast good to see the starters play a whole game for once. They're going to have to be in shape to play with Africentric.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

From what I've heard SW has as good as or better bench than Africentric. South Webster may be the one team that can matchup pretty well with Africentric.

If they play as passionate as they vs New Boston they'll have a good shot.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

actually jeep80, ironman92 had the exact same comment about New Boston when Wiley was trying to get 1000

jeeptrio
Waterboy

Post by jeeptrio »

I agree Ironman92....SW is at least 3 strong from the bench, but they will have to play with even more passion to win on Thursday!!

Return to “Girls Basketball”