2/27 Regional Semifinal: Circleville vs. Mifflin

bman618
Varsity

2/27 Regional Semifinal: Circleville vs. Mifflin

Post by bman618 »

22-2 Circleville faces 19-4 Mifflin Tuesday at Zanesville. Game time is 6:15 p.m.

WKKJ will be broadcasting the game.

Good luck to the Lady Tigers and keep it rolling!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Re: 2/26 Regional Semifinal: Circleville vs. Mifflin

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Good Luck to Coach K and girls!
Maybe TK can bring some Kali's up to celebrate.

db98
Waterboy

Re: 2/26 Regional Semifinal: Circleville vs. Mifflin

Post by db98 »

Both Zanesville Games Moved to 2-27-08 same times

Michael Scott
Riding the Bench

Re: 2/27 Regional Semifinal: Circleville vs. Mifflin

Post by Michael Scott »

I can't wait until this game tonight, I think Circleville will win in a close, low scoring game. Go Tigers.

Toolshed
Waterboy

Post by Toolshed »

12-12 right now.

Toolshed
Waterboy

Post by Toolshed »

Circleville 20
Mifflin 16

Halftime

Toolshed
Waterboy

Post by Toolshed »

Circleville 24
Mifflin 22

3:14 left in 3rd

Toolshed
Waterboy

Post by Toolshed »

Circleville 24
Mifflin 24

End of 3rd

Toolshed
Waterboy

Post by Toolshed »

Circleville 24
Mifflin 28

3:28 Left in 4th

Mifflin starting to play 4 corners.

Toolshed
Waterboy

Post by Toolshed »

Circleville 24
Mifflin 28

2:00 Left in 4th

Mogan took a elbow to head and is out of the game. Radio said it doesn't look as if she'll be returning.

Toolshed
Waterboy

Post by Toolshed »

Circleville 24
Mifflin 30

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Is that the final?

Toolshed
Waterboy

Post by Toolshed »

Circleville 24
Mifflin 36

Final

Circleville scores 4 points in 2nd half and losing Mogan really hurt them.

Michael Scott
Riding the Bench

Post by Michael Scott »

Just a heartbreaking loss for the lady tigers. This was the worry for tiger fans all year, Mogan not getting any help from the supporting cast. This in my mind was Circleville's best chance to make it to the final 4. Give credit to Mifflin for winning the game but as a tiger fan I honestly have such a disappointed feeling for this team. Mogan went out midway through the 4th with what appeared to be a facial injury (maybe teeth)? The tigers had 4 points in the 2nd half!!! None in the 4th!! Mogan set up some great shots for White, Willis and Grahmn (sp) but they could not finish. So many bunnies were missed it really just made the fans sick. The tigers were also dreadful from the line 4/12 and even worse from the field, 21%. Mifflin got up 4 and played the 4 corners. I feel really bad for Cassie Mogan, a great Circleville athlete who has to be broken up after this one. Congratulations to the girls on a great season but I have to be honest in saying I feel Circleville should have won this game if they are honest with themselves, not taking anything away from Mifflin just extremely upsetting to Circleville fans the way in which the game played out.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

MS- As a Unioto supporter, I know how it feels when your team can't make shots. It's one of the most frustrating things to watch in sports, but they had a fantastic season and while I'm sure they fell short of their final goal, they still were MSL and District Champions. Not a bad year.

Too bad Mogan's last game ended the way it did, good luck to her in Softball and at NKU next season!

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Mifflin won this game by not running a quick offense, but by slowing down and actually running a patient offense, good passing and finding good shot opportunities. In the first half, they were running, put up quick shots and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn as the saying goes They also stalled the ball in the fourth quarter and forced some fouls to finish the game at the charity stripe.

I do know the result would have been closer if Casse wasn't elbowed (I think it was accidential). She does so much for the team, especially against an athletic defense like Mifflin. But Mifflin held Circleville to four points in 12 minutes so I don't know if it would have changed the ultimate result. The referees weren't very good at all in this game, especially the second half and I'm usually a person that sticks up for them.

Well wishes to Casse and I hope she makes a good recovery after this. Congratulations to all four seniors - Casse Mogan, Liz Scudder, Kaitlin Graham and Rachael Spangler on great careers - and also to the rest of the Lady Tigers. It has been nice to watch these seniors over their careers. They have a lot to be proud of - three MSL championships, two district championships and a mountain of wins and accomplishments. The seniors are winners in more ways than the game of basketball and good luck to them.

BUCKEYE NUT
Riding the Bench

Post by BUCKEYE NUT »

I GRADURATED WITH CASSE GRANDMOTHER AND I HAVE NEVER SEEN HER PLAY BUT HAVE KEPT IN CONTACT AND FOLLOW HER GAMES HOW EVER I CAN. CASSE HAD 3 TEETH KNOCKED OUT AND THE FORTH ONE WAS JUST HANGING. A DENTIST TOOK HER TO A OFFICE AND DID EMERGENCY SURGERY AND PUT A COUPLE OF STICHES IN HER LOWER LIP, AND I HOPE THIS YOUNG LADY CAN SURVIVE THIS AND MAINTAIN HER BEAUTIFUL SMILE. I HAVE 2 GRANDCHRILDREN PLAYING IN THE SOC LEAGUES AND NOW A DAYS THEY USE 3 OFFICIAL AND SOME OF THESE GAME LOOKS LIKE A FOOTBALL GAME. THEY NEED TO CALL THOSE FOULS A LOT CLOSER AND CONTROL THESE GAMES A LOT BETTER THAN THEY DO TO KEEP THESE KIDS FROM RECEIVING INJURIES SUCH AS THIS ONE. OFFICIATING IN THE STATE OF OHIO NEEDS TO IMPROVE TO PREVENT FIGHTING AND INJURIES. THIS KIND OF PLAY CAN BE AVOIDED.

GOOD LUCK CASSE, HOPE YOU RECOVER WITH OUT ANY SCAR'S

db98
Waterboy

Post by db98 »

BUCKEYE NUT wrote: THEY NEED TO CALL THOSE FOULS A LOT CLOSER AND CONTROL THESE GAMES A LOT BETTER THAN THEY DO TO KEEP THESE KIDS FROM RECEIVING INJURIES SUCH AS THIS ONE. OFFICIATING IN THE STATE OF OHIO NEEDS TO IMPROVE TO PREVENT FIGHTING AND INJURIES. THIS KIND OF PLAY CAN BE AVOIDED.

I know officiating needs work, but I was at the game and this injury wasn't because of the officials. It is because Casse was playing hard to try get the ball back for her team while her opponent was trying to keep the ball away from another Tiger defender. The Mifflin girl had no idea Casse was behind her and when she swung the ball away from the other defender Casse's face was at the wrong place at the wrong time. It happens many times during games, but rarely is it this damaging.

From watching only this game I gained a lot of respect for Casse Mogan. She is a great athlete and I pray for her quick recovery. It sickened me to think about her HS basketball career ending that way. I truly wish she could have finished it out without injury.

Michael Scott
Riding the Bench

Post by Michael Scott »

I agree that this particular play was not intentional on Casse. I will agree that the officiating should be called closer, it would make for a longer game but this game was probably too physical and the officials did not establish control in my mind. Mifflin won again tonight I see, honestly it makes me feel even worse for the Tigers. Congrats to the Punchers, but that loss will really hurt for the Tigers for many years I believe because this team was their chance to advance to the final 4.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Yeah its a loss that hurts, especially without your best player for half of the last quarter. Circleville still had a good season and a lot to be proud of.

Return to “Girls Basketball”