2/27 Regional Semifinal: Circleville vs. Mifflin

Michael Scott
Riding the Bench

Re: 2/27 Regional Semifinal: Circleville vs. Mifflin

Post by Michael Scott »

The tigers probably would not have won even if Casse does not get injured, the game was lost in the 2nd half with all of those bunnies that were missed by the Tigers post girls. Good season but I think Circleville finishes probably 3rd in midstate next year and maybe gets to the districts.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Getting to the districts is going to be very tough out of the Adena sectional. Besides Circleville, Chillicothe takes a big hit too with the loss of the Lee's. But you still got Unioto (preseason district favorite), Miami Trace (their track record speaks for themselves), Logan Elm, Circleville, Chillicothe, Greenfield and Court House.

Logan Elm should be better, both in maturity with the returning starters and depth, some good freshmen talent coming, next season and will probably be my preseason favorite to win the MSL. I would not be shocked to see a Unioto-Logan Elm game for the district next year.

Replacing a player like Mogan is going to be extremely tough for Circleville. She did a lot scoring, rebounding, steals, etc. and will probably will be first team All-Ohio. She also created a lot for her teammates. Abbey Palmer started to emerge into a good compliment as the season wore on and she has the ability to help fill in some of the role. Palmer is a good athlete and quick. Circleville will need more production out of the post and for a couple of guards to emerge. They'll be competitive in the MSL and the sectional. Just depends on who steps up and how fast to determine how competitive.

Michael Scott
Riding the Bench

Post by Michael Scott »

I agree the sectional is one of the best, if not the best in the state. Miami Trace should be really good next year, but any of the teams could step up and take it. Kettering Alter is in the state semis, who O-ville beat earlier this season, I would like to see Circleville ranked in the top ten final poll but we will see.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

The final poll came out at the end of the regular season.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I believe Unioto has to be the early favorite to win the district next season. They lose 1 starter and 1 off the bench, but that just means Janae Driggs will step into the starting lineup and she was really their best player in the tournament. They also have an 8th grade class that went 32-2 in JH coming up, as well as some quality players from the decent JV squad.

Miami Trace loses their big girl, Coulter(sp?) and that will hurt, but they can stroke the ball and just need to get more under control and they could be a force next season.

Circleville loses Mogan and a couple of other solid players, but returns Palmer and White, so they should still have a very good season next year.

Logan Elm, Washington CH, and McClain, I believe combined to lose 0 seniors! WCH and McClain each finished over .500 and will only get better.

Chillicothe loses D1 signee- Megan Lee, but returns nearly everyone else from a very good team. Was Vinson a senior or junior? That could also be a big key for them next season.

That's 7 different teams that could make a serious run at a District title next season and that's not even mentioning the Logan/Alexander sectional! Vinton County was young and will have a big chip on their shoulder after how their season ended this year.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Chillicothe will have back Monique Lee, junior next season, Jasmine Vinson, senior next season, and Hannah Day returns from injury and is a senior. Obviously losing your top player hurts but they got some good players coming back and will be competitive. Thought they lost both Lee's and Vinson for some reason to graduation.

Circleville probably goes Palmer and Wade at guard, White and Willis down low and TBA maybe Steinhauser or Mason. They'll be competitive as well, but the team they had this season was special with the caliber of wins they rolled up.

Logan Elm nearly beat Trace in the tourney and the team was out of gas for the last five games due to going only six deep. They'll add some players and they'll be interesting to watch.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Unioto is the favorite and should be the favorite with the team they have coming back.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Thought I'd add Mogan was D2 first team All-Ohio and Coach Steve Kalinoski was co-coach of the year, both from Roundtown.

Return to “Girls Basketball”