2/28 Regional Semifinal: South Webster vs. Africentric

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: Girls 2/28 Regional Semifinal: South Webster vs. Africentric

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Great game by the Lady Jeeps. I think if they would have tied it there late in the game when they were down three, it might have rattled Africentric and could have been a different game.

Sounded like a very tough, physical game.

Congrats to the Lady Jeeps on a great season

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Congrats on the nice season you young ladies had. Getting beat by the team that you did tonight is something many teams have felt.They are a real powerhouse.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

They say there is no such thing as a good loss...but I definately am impressed with this loss. Even thinking about hanging your heads would be ridiculous. Great, great representation of SE /Southern Ohio and tremendous season.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Let's support the Lady Wildcats as they venture into the game with the Nubians.

Hopefully, Waterford can overcome the Franklin County All-Star Team disguised as a high school team...... :shock: :roll: :roll: :122246 :122248 :122249

jeepgirl_4life
Riding the Bench

Post by jeepgirl_4life »

That was by far some of the best basketball I've seen all season. And I've never seen a girls game that was that physical. Nubians #21 should have never seen the second half of the game let alone the finish. She was allowed to run the floor with free reign and she knew it. I was impressed with the way the Lady Jeeps handled themselves. They fought a great fight. The Nubians were very physical and a few were extremely quick. But the Jeeps gave them all they wanted in that game. They were just as physical and athletic. If it hadn't came down to the "foul for possession" it would have been more in our favor. We just had the momentum going. Kara, Molly, & Britney, you will be missed.

Jeeps, we couldn't be prouder of the way you played and represented the school. Great game! And great crowd! Was nice to see all the red in the stands. Hey, WE LOVE OUR JEEPS! AND IT SHOWS!

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

The Jeeps have nothing to hang their head about!! Some of the Nubians told the girls that they were the best team they have faced this year.

We love the Lady Jeeps and will be back in the stands cheering them on next year. Brit, Molly and Kara, you are 3 young ladies that will missed a bunch. Good luck in whatever the future holds for you.

waydowntown
Freshman Team

Post by waydowntown »

Okay, before I say anything, I just want to state the fact that I no longer have any respect WHATSOEVER for Africentric's athletic program and anyone associated in or around it. After making the trip to Pickerington tonight, I am truly disgusted that such a program exists in high school basketball.

Yeah, the Nubians may play physical, but it's more "dirty" than physical. They throw elbows, blast their shoulders into defenders, one of the girls intentionally kicked Taylor Queen in the back of the head after they tripped her, another knocked Cook over toward the end of the game, just everything unsportsman-like you can think of. Each player is cocky, and has an attitude uncalled for. They act like since they are the "Franklin County All-Stars", they are all that. Well, guess what...they're not---and the Lady Jeeps showed that tonight. Webster gave them everything they wanted, AND MORE. The only thing I liked out of their presence was telling the Lady Jeeps that they were the best team that they faced this year (which is probably true). However, they did not deserve to win this game. I hope Waterford puts it all over them in the regional finals. ;-)

The thing that ticked me off most to get me thinking of all this stuff is what happened after the game. As my kids and I were leaving the gym tonight some of their PATHETIC fans spoke up and said "Looks like your white girls couldn't roll with the big girls. Better luck next year if you even make it back here." :evil: I don't even want to comment on this remark because it probably will get me kicked off of here. But I'll just let you decide what you want to think. Right there is where all of my respect went out the door...

I'm not one to complain about officiating, but someone mentioned a statement after the game that said" We didn't lose to Africentric, we lost to the refs." I agree. I guess offensive fouls are not allowed to be called up around Columbus? Plowing over people must be the way to play I guess...The refs got better towards the end of the game, but I think they forgot they had a whistle the rest of it. :?

Finally, I just want to congratulate Coach Johnson and her Lady Jeeps on a magnificent season. I hate to see a bunch of home-grown girls' dream season disappear because of a team like they met up with tonight. However, do not hang your heads Lady Jeeps. I only wish that I would have coached a team that ended the season 23-1. That is a remarkable accomplishment, and something to remember and build upon for next year. All of us Jeep fans, as well as all of Southern Ohio has appreciated all of your hard work this season, and we can't wait til next season.

Kara, Molly, and Brittney- you will all be truly missed and be grateful for the team that you ladies led, lived, and won with. I'm sure your senior basketball season will be one of your most treasured memories. As for the rest of the Lady Jeeps, just know that all of South Webster loves you and wishes the best for all of you in whatever you do between now and next season. Work hard, because we all believe we can make it back next year!

WE LOVE OUR LADY JEEPS!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Very good post, waydowntown.

Sad that you had to play Africentric University in their own backyard. I know "Snuffy" Smith commented quite a few times how this was the most physical girls game he had ever seen and he said almost all of the physical play was one-sided.

The one comment that was made was totally uncalled for. Like you said, that could open up a strong debate that could get people kicked off of here.

At least the Webster girls showed them how you win with class and how you lose with class. When you win, you shake the other teams hand and you go celebrate with your team, you don't rub it in there face. When you lose, you shake the other teams hand, you wish them good luck the rest of the tourney and you go to your lockerroom. I can bet you good money that is exactly what the SW girls did, because here in Southern Ohio we all have a little thing called class.

Once again a Southern Ohio team gets no respect from a team up North.

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

waydowntown, not to come to Africentrics defense - because I think that school represents everything that is wrong with Ohio High School sports programs - but they play in the Columbus City League. Huge inner city schools that play street ball. It's VERY physical! And intimidation is a big factor. Totally different from what South Webster is used to. It's all they know so they did nothing different from what they normally do.

The Lady Jeeps made everyone proud. They didn't lose last night, they just didn't score enough points.

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Congratulations to the South Webster Lady Jeeps on just an outstanding season. It sounds like you played your hearts out last night and left it all on the floor. You have a lot to be proud of, that's for sure.

Congratulations to Coach Johnson and Coach Queen. I'm really glad to see that Coach Queen has been back on the sideline!!

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

Congratulations to the South Webster Lady Jeeps on a terrific season. And what a game last night. You played your hearts out. You gave Africentric all they could handle. We in Wildcat Country are very proud of you. You have nothing to hang your head about. What a terrific crowd the Jeeps had last night there to support them. Southestern Ohio showed that basketball is alive and well.

TrojanXplosion
S

Re: 2/28 Regional Semifinal: South Webster vs. Africentric

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Great season by South Webster. Africentric was just a little to much. People are complaining about the "physical play" that went on. But, thats how those teams are the farther you head up North just physical and really tough. Congratulations on the win by the Lady Nubians and congratulations on the great season the South Webster Jeeps had.

art_vandelay
SE

Re: 2/28 Regional Semifinal: South Webster vs. Africentric

Post by art_vandelay »

Wow...what an effort by the Lady Jeeps last night. Normally I say moral victories are for losers, but given the circumstances of what Webster was up against, they should be more than proud of their performance. They got no respect all year long from the AP voters, but proved that they were one of the top D4 teams in the state where it matters most...on the court. Africentric's coach even admitted after the game he was shocked that Webster was not ranked.

waydowntown: I'd been pretty hot too if I'd had a comment like that directed at me, but I wouldn't let one idiot's opinion be representative of the rest of Africentric's fans. I talked to a few of Africentric's fans after the boys game a couple of years ago and they were very complimentary of Webster's players (particularly Aldridge) and Webster's fans as well (they could not believe how many fans Webster brought to the game). But regardless, I can understand how that'd leave a bad taste in your mouth.

As for the physical play, I wasn't there so I can't really comment. But a general rule of thumb is that come tourney time, the refs swallow their whistles and let the players decide the outcome. As others have already mentioned, Africentric has probably played that way all year long in the Columbus City League, while Webster hasn't given how regular season games are called around here.

But once again, congrats on a GREAT year...looking forward to next year already.*

Return to “Girls Basketball”