Post by Bobcat Thunder »

FINAL

Africentric U 71
Wateford 44

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Girls 3/1 Waterford vs. Africentric

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Africentric is the lastest machine to come from the city league out of Columbus.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

I think all recuiting schools should have to play each other in their own division not play against the little guys :122246

Lady Cats it was a good run..it was exciting to see you go that far! Good luck to the seniors :-D

Swiper
Waterboy

Post by Swiper »

Great season Lady Cats and Lady Jeeps. Southeast Ohio is very proud of you. :razz: :razz:

I also agree with O&B365; OHSAA needs to address this situation. What if we contact our Southeast Board of Govenors. Maybe they can have some influence to make a proposal to bring this topic up for a state wide vote from all of it's members.

sadie83
Waterboy

Post by sadie83 »

Hate to see the season end for the Lady Wildcats. What a wonderful season you gave your fans!

To Ashleigh and Kaitlyn it was a joy to watch you two play for four years. Good luck in track and softball. We love you!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

A couple of things that you cannot coach, speed and strength. That was the difference in this game. Plus the Nubians shot the ball very well.

Waterford's lack of depth, and Aficentric's depth, certainly played a part in the outcome of this game. The speed and footwork of the post players for the Nubians really created problems for the Wildcats.

The sportsmanship tonight was not the best, but certainly not the worst that I've seen this year. However, regardless of who is playing and who is winning, how long do you have to full court press? After looking at some of the Africentric scores where they won by nearly a 100 points, I guess they never turn it off. That kind of stuff comes back around to bite you, sooner or later. :shock:

Regardless, great year for the Lady Wildcats, and great, great support from your community. As a TVC rival fan, it was certainly worth the drive tonight to be there to support the Lady Wildcats and the TVC.

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

Thanks Steely Dan and all the other well wishers from Southeastern Ohio. Congratulations to the Lady Cats on another great season. We are extremely proud of all you. You gave it your all. Nothing to hang your head about. Stay positive, work hard in the off season to get prepared for next year.
Thanks Lady Cats for a tremendous three year ride. We in Wildcat Country love you.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Gregg811 - It was a pleasure to be there with the folks from Washington county. When it is all said and done, we want our kids to enjoy success, and have fun. That is what this is all about, at least to me.

Really thought that things would have been a little bit closer, but, that is why you play every game.

Your girls should, no, MUST, be proud of this season's accomplishments. You've got a good thing going, and I hope that it continues.

Congratulations on a fantastic year!!!! :122245

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

when Africentric likely gets its wins stripped for breaking the rules (again) Waterford will finish # what in the state?

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

SWAMISEZ, What rules? Explain please.

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

the africentric boys team had all of their wins and a state title stripped from them a couple years ago for playing a couple players who were academically ineligible and were ineligible to compete due to the place of residence (under 18 living attending Africentric without a guardians consent)

tossithigh
Freshman Team

Post by tossithigh »

swamisez wrote:the africentric boys team had all of their wins and a state title stripped from them a couple years ago for playing a couple players who were academically ineligible and were ineligible to compete due to the place of residence (under 18 living attending Africentric without a guardians consent

The only part that's is correct is that the title was stripped. There were no academic problems. A school adminstrator did not process all of one players' forms for attending the alternative school correctly. Because paper work had not been filed correcty by the adminstrator the player was found to be ineligble. Place of residence had nothing to do with it since all the students live in the city of Columbus.

waydowntown
Freshman Team

Post by waydowntown »

Africentric's whole program is questionable, & since they were stripped a few years ago, they deserve to be investigated every year. It makes me sick that such a program exists in H.S. basketball...

Mainly, congrats to the Lady Cats on a tremendous season. Hate to see it end the way it did, but you have nothing to hang your heads about. Winning a sectional and district title was a great accomplishment, but making it to regionals just made it that much better. Good luck next season, and many seasons down the road. Keep up the good work and success. It's teams like you that make Southern Ohio proud each and every year!

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

I read an article via Google News search that told that indicated a player was never cleared to play because a legal guardian never approved the transfer. It is dated in 2003, but maybe that was a different instance. When was the state title stripped I assumed that was 2003? Maybe it was later.

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

http://www.thisweeknews.com/index.php?e ... 60085.html

Here is the state title article, it was in 2005. Sorry bout that.

I am still searching for the 2003. It was unrelated to the 2005 case.

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

found my article, and as throw it up mentioned,

i am wrong.

the problems that I mentioned occurred in 2003 with the transfers of several athletes at Linden McKinley and Brookhaven.

Africentric has only been guilty of failing to file the transfer of Laquan Perry from Brookhaven, who transferred from Brookhaven along with Eastmoor sophomore Donald Suel on the heels of the Nubians 2004 state championship.

The academic problems were mentioned by the author in reference to the affect of students who have transferred midterm to other schools mainly for athletics.

Return to “Girls Basketball”