D-1 Championship: Cin. Mt. Notre Dame 69, Lakota West 67

91raider97bobcat
JV Team

D-1 Championship: Cin. Mt. Notre Dame 69, Lakota West 67

Post by 91raider97bobcat »

Clearly the best game of the day and it comes down to a buzzer beater that the TV replay shows clearly shouldn't have counted. It propels Mt. Notre Dame to their third straight state title. Lakota West used a 10-3 run in the final 2 minutes to tie the game, but came up one bucket short.

Both teams finish at 26-2.

Lakota West had the ball with 10 seconds left but turned it over with 4, and a runout to the game winning bucket.

Black Panther
SEO

Re: D-1 Championship: Cin. Mt. Notre Dame 69, Lakota West 67

Post by Black Panther »

91raider97bobcat wrote:Clearly the best game of the day and it comes down to a buzzer beater that the TV replay shows clearly shouldn't have counted. It propels Mt. Notre Dame to their third straight state title. Lakota West used a 10-3 run in the final 2 minutes to tie the game, but came up one bucket short.

Both teams finish at 26-2.

Lakota West had the ball with 10 seconds left but turned it over with 4, and a runout to the game winning bucket.

Just shows how tough a refs job is at times.They didn't have the option to look at it like they do in college or otherwise they could have reversed it.Great effort by both teams.It's a shame someone had to lose this one..

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

fantastic game by both squads. i went as a casual fan not cheering for either team but the officiating was tilted in lakota's favor all night. glad i stayed for the end, it was definitely storybook.

91raider97bobcat
JV Team

Post by 91raider97bobcat »

I'll say that by no means was it an easy call. Looking at it live, my initial thought that it was good as well.

I couldn't find a stat on turnovers, but the box score showed Notre Dame with 18 fouls and Lakota West with 12.

And, you also have to credit the Firebird staff--they didn't question the call at the end either, which at the very least may have forced a conference of the officials to discuss it.

The AP story quotes Hank Zaborniak, saying that it appeared the ball was still in her hand when the light went off, but in high school it's the horn and not the light that determines the expiration of time. He said there's no way to know without replay if the light was in sync with the horn.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

The refs overall had a bad game I.M.O. and ended the day causing a team to fall or at least keeping them from forcing O.T.

I HAD NO DOG IN THE FIGHT

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Unfortunately, at the end of the game refs are too busy trying to run off the court instead of getting together to discuss anything.

Part of that is that fact that fans have reacted badly in too many situations where refs feel like they are in danger.

I am no way saying that this was the right call. In fact it was the wrong call all the way, and you will see me complaining about refs usually more than most(only because I think they need to be more consistent across the board).

I just think that it is scary that in our society,refs of a high school basketball game can't even stop to decide if they made the right call because they are scared.

Michael Scott
Riding the Bench

Post by Michael Scott »

They have got to utilize the replay for the Final 4. The technology is there and there is absolutely no excuse for a game be concluded like this. Unbelievable if you ask me. In real time it is difficult to see but it is so clear in replay. It takes away from what a great game that was also.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

the refs had a very bad game. touch fouls on one end and complete hacks on the other. no dog in this fight either. i went to the game leaning towards lakota but the way #32 and #33 played for nd i thought they deserved to win. i agree though, for the final four there should be some sort of replay for the end of the half and the end of the game.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

i believe it is a high school rule.

Return to “Girls Basketball”