Vinton County @ Wellston

TigerLily
Waterboy

Vinton County @ Wellston

Post by TigerLily »

Anyone have a score from Thursday? What went on at the game? Very odd nobody is saying anything, not even the score.............

hawkeyepierce
S

Re: Vinton County @ Wellston

Post by hawkeyepierce »

VC 45
W 27

Troy
Freshman Team

Post by Troy »

TigerLily wrote:Anyone have a score from Thursday? What went on at the game? Very odd nobody is saying anything, not even the score.............
Probably be a 4 page article with 7 color photos in the newspaper.

Kenny Bixx Jr.
Waterboy

Post by Kenny Bixx Jr. »

vc won, tore a sign off the wall ripped it up throw it on the floor and walked out, left the wellston fans screamin and the coach and a.d. that was suppose to save the day didnt do anything. a nother imbaressing moment for vc, i hope granny is proud.

TigerLily
Waterboy

Post by TigerLily »

What brought that on when they won? Whatever the reason there is no excuse for bad behavior. I say whoever was involved should sit out next game, that behavior is inexcusable and just gives people
another reason to talk bad about VC. Where was the coach?

Softball Junkie
Waterboy

Post by Softball Junkie »

You are right Vinton County did win the basketball game by quite a bit and absolutely nothing happened to give them any reason to destroy Wellstons school property! They simply got in a huddle, were chanting and the next thing you know the sign was being ripped down by multiple players and then thrown in the floor. Wellston players had already gone to the locker room so they didnt even see it! Although the Wellston fans as well as the Vinton County parents and fans did see exactly what happened!I did not not see one Vinton County parent go down and even say anything to the coach or the players! It is really sad to see a group of talented young ladies do such an unsportsmanlike thing at another teams school. It doesnt matter to me if it was a $1.00 poster board or a $5,000. banner.........it is destruction of school property and there should be serious consequences for their actions! In my eyes, it made a winning team walk away losers instead of winners!!!

ladyrocketfan
Waterboy

Post by ladyrocketfan »

The Vinton County coach did the right thing by making his team pick up trash in the stands. Yes, they probably shouldn't have torn the sign down but Mr. Dixon did punish them for it.

2-Gun
Waterboy

Post by 2-Gun »

Kenny Bixx Jr. wrote:vc won, tore a sign off the wall ripped it up throw it on the floor and walked out, left the wellston fans screamin and the coach and a.d. that was suppose to save the day didnt do anything. a nother imbaressing moment for vc, i hope granny is proud.
Kenny Bixx you are a clown if you don't have anything good to say keep your big mouth shut, I would bet the only sport you played was tag in the backyard. If the coach we had last year was so great why hasnt another school came in and scoop him up.

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

nobody scoops up girls high school coaches, thats stupid. another thing you have to apply for those jobs, i guess he didnt. but the kight boy was asked to join the vc boys staff where he is a asst under coach combs. i think he is doing ok just because he doesnt have to deal with the drama in the girls program.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I don't see too much drama now - all VC has to do is beat Meigs tonight and they take home a league title.

2-Gun
Waterboy

Post by 2-Gun »

Solomon wrote:nobody scoops up girls high school coaches, thats stupid. another thing you have to apply for those jobs, i guess he didnt. but the kight boy was asked to join the vc boys staff where he is a asst under coach combs. i think he is doing ok just because he doesnt have to deal with the drama in the girls program.
Asst under Combs that's right taken orders that's where he belongs meantime pee wee coach is winnnig the T.V.C.

Troy
Freshman Team

Post by Troy »

Is the TVC not very strong? Didn't Vinton County get the 8 seed out of 10 teams in the sectional?

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

2-Gun, actually Coach Kight was asked to apply for the Meigs girls' head coaching vacancy this past summer, he declined. He chose to fill the vacancy of Coach Jeff Miller, who took the girls' head coaching job at Unioto. I do not believe he regrets his decision.

Red Solo, yes. They play Gallia Academy Monday night at Alexander.

As for this other nonsense, please people let it go. It is growing tiresome and bordering on the absurd.

Troy
Freshman Team

Post by Troy »

They should beat Gallia by double digits.

Letsplayball28
Waterboy

Post by Letsplayball28 »

Thank you, HP, for trying to keep things on track with your comments. These posts should be about a very very unselfish group of girls that have played with a lot of class this year. These posts should not be about adults continuing to try to embarrass a group of girls that have played their hearts out. Lets leave all the adults (old posters, old coaches, new coaches) out of this and enjoy the moment with the winners. It's time to stop beating dead horses and move on intelligently. Savor the moment in style!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Do you call tearing up signs and posters at another school "a lot of class"?

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Probably not the thread to do it on but, as an Athens coach, I'd like to congratulate the Lady Vikings on their TVC Championship and wish them and all TVC teams girls and boys good luck in the Tourney.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

hawkeyepierce wrote:2-Gun, actually Coach Kight was asked to apply for the Meigs girls' head coaching vacancy this past summer, he declined. He chose to fill the vacancy of Coach Jeff Miller, who took the girls' head coaching job at Unioto. I do not believe he regrets his decision.

Red Solo, yes. They play Gallia Academy Monday night at Alexander.

As for this other nonsense, please people let it go. It is growing tiresome and bordering on the absurd.

hawkeyepierce is lecturing someone on something written being tiresome????

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

Fortdawg wrote:Probably not the thread to do it on but, as an Athens coach, I'd like to congratulate the Lady Vikings on their TVC Championship and wish them and all TVC teams girls and boys good luck in the Tourney.
Congrats to the VC girls and staff. Good luck in the tourney.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

MOF, touche. However, my arguments of the past were articulated and most importantly, valid.

Return to “Girls Basketball”