OVC

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Re: OVC

Post by Rvfan »

MY bad rvhs09, I knew there was someone I was forgetting. I didn't do that intentionally, I honestly couldn't remeber her name. I think that happens to people when they get as old as I am!!! Good luck to ALL the RVHS girls

hornet15
Freshman Team

Post by hornet15 »

coal grove should have a nice year they got some pretty good players

Waterboy

Post by 1232 »

ii def think lady pointers got it hands down..

Five Point
JV Team

Post by Five Point »

How will Fairland be this year? Were the two that transfered to Chesapeake big contributors for them?

Safetyman
Riding the Bench

Post by Safetyman »

Five Point- Yes they would have been big contributors, Sara was their point guard for years through L.L. and Middle School. Amanda may have been their leading scorer this year hands down. So a huge loss for the Lady Dragons.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

Pointers will win it hands down. I'll even go as far as to say they will win it the next three years as well if they can keep all the Sooners healthy and eligible!

GDawghornetfan
Riding the Bench

Post by GDawghornetfan »

wemufans wrote:Pointers will win it hands down. I'll even go as far as to say they will win it the next three years as well if they can keep all the Sooners healthy and eligible!

I wouldn't go that far,next three years? Both Coal Grove and Fairland have very talented 8th graders that will have something to say about that when they get in High School. :122249

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

The sophomore class of SP won the league in 7th and 8th grades rather handily in middle school . I don't think they even lost a game. This year they will win and I look for them to win their Junior and Senior years as well. So I will have to agree that SP will take it for the next three years, maybe even four! ;-) GO POINTERS!

lguard10
Waterboy

Post by lguard10 »

no doubt lady pointers take the ovc. only losing one starter and even when that starter came out some last year they still did very well. the lady pointers have some quickness and very good shooters. the sophomore class especially. i think the lady pointers take the ovc for the next 3 years.

peake450
Freshman Team

Post by peake450 »

Not so fast my friend, don't sell the peake short. Look for the Panthers to be much improved this year, even with Ruffner a little banged up the Panthers have plenty of depth to contend this year. Look for the peake to give the pointers all they want this year.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

CG should have some pretty good perimeter play... I'm not sure about the interior, though....

RV FAN
Riding the Bench

Post by RV FAN »

Lets remember that sophmore class from SP that won the league easily didn't play RV. The Marcum girl would have been part of that group so I don't think it would have been so easy.

Question did that sophmore group from SP play Oak Hill?

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

They did not play in junior high.

But last years Oaks did beat South Point last year.

RV FAN
Riding the Bench

Post by RV FAN »

I just know that group from RV played Oak Hill three times that year. Oak Hill won by 8-12 or something at home and won by two or so at RV. They then played in the tournament and RV won by 8 or something like that.

I was just curious how SP did against them if they played. Oak Hill and RV jr high was about dead even that year as you can tell by the scores it could go either way everytime they played.

ballrmom
Freshman Team

Post by ballrmom »

sorry but all u people must be from south point because all i have heard is they r going to when the ovc can u all read into the future have u been to all the other teams practices alot of kids with some talent. let the best team win. this is lawrence county not south point county there is more than just sp. thats great if they do win but my goodness find something or another team to talk about. let the games begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waterboy

Post by 1232 »

i think we know the county
but dont get jealous bc sp is the better team
i mean sp has won 5 out of the 6 years
sp has the best freshman in the ovc
there is no 1 in the ovc that can beat sp
i guess we will see a little at previews
sp is hosting it at there place

seohiofan
JV Team

Post by seohiofan »

i heard peake played very well against oak hill and circleville
im not from oak hill but cant remember when they played river valley
definately cant remember them knocking oak hill out of the tourney
RV FAN wrote:I just know that group from RV played Oak Hill three times that year. Oak Hill won by 8-12 or something at home and won by two or so at RV. They then played in the tournament and RV won by 8 or something like that.

I was just curious how SP did against them if they played. Oak Hill and RV jr high was about dead even that year as you can tell by the scores it could go either way everytime they played.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

seohiofan wrote:i heard peake played very well against oak hill and circleville
im not from oak hill but cant remember when they played river valley
definately cant remember them knocking oak hill out of the tourney
RV FAN wrote:I just know that group from RV played Oak Hill three times that year. Oak Hill won by 8-12 or something at home and won by two or so at RV. They then played in the tournament and RV won by 8 or something like that.

i think must be talkin bout a jr hi tournment

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

Is Ruffner playing for the Peake this year. I saw the team pictures on Sanborn and Shotsky's website and she wasn't in the team pictures. Is she out with an injury or was she just absent from the picture?

ballrmom
Freshman Team

Post by ballrmom »

hey i am not the one talking them up but since u said that sp has had alot of transfers out there uh! wonder why jealously has nothing to do with it all i heard last year was mayo this amd mayo that well she is gone now so now who do we talk about hey i still wish them the best but there is alot of talent out there besides ovc what about other schools can they stand up to them. good luck to all area schools this season may the best team win !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Return to “Girls Basketball”